M6 genitalia seam problem

skyitskyit Posts: 25
edited January 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion

whenever i render Michael6 with LuxRender, genesis2 genitalia get out with these annoying lines between hip and torso

what's wrong?

i applied M6 Nevio Genital Hip

Image removed for nudity. Please review this Thread and the forum TOS

Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Nevio has a separate texture which needs to be applied when using the genitals. Ensure it's applied to remove the unsightly seam. It's listed as "M6 Nevio Genital Hip" in the Smart Content and Content Library.

• skyitskyit Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

it's exactly what i did, the seam is still visible when rendered with luxrender

edited December 1969

skyit said:
    it's exactly what i did, the seam is still visible when rendered with luxrender
    What are you using for your luxrender settings? Also, are you using Reality or Luxus to export it? Bear in mind that the genitals are treated as a separate object to the figure, and it's possible that either the geometry has exported incorrectly or that the material settings differ between the two.
    edited January 2014

i use RealityRender plugin..

i noticed that there are 2 Hips in the list materials

reality_m6_genitalia_hip.jpg
    905 x 1029 - 189K
    Post edited by skyit on
    edited January 2014

SOLVED
    it was not a luxrender plugin problem

the problem was the HD version of Michael6, it is not compatible with the genesis2 male genitalia Hip

any chance to have a genitalia set for Michael6 HD?

Post edited by skyit on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited January 2014

Actually, it may not be the HD morphs. The issue is that there are two hips and genitalia surfaces, one on Genesis/Genesis2Male itself, and one on the Male Genitalia figure, layered on top of each other, and doing very different things. This has come up before, but I only just now remembered.

The next version of Reality is supposed to be able to tell Lux how to handle the layers, but right now, it can't. Reality 3 isn't due out until later this year, I think, according to what Paolo has said elsewhere.

Luxus does tell Lux Render how to handle the layers, but is in some ways more difficult to use up front. That said, I haven't used Luxus with G2M, so I don't know if it's an issue there again.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

Vwrangler is right about this issue in the current version of Reality for DS. It applies to all GeoGrafts. Two versions of each GeoGrafted surface are exported to Lux, one of which is at base resolution, so they overlap. Currently you can eliminate the unwanted low resolution copies by either editing the .lxo or (more easily) by exporting the scene for Lux and then manually deleting the surfaces from the objects folder created by Reality for use by Luxrender.

To quote forum member cwichura (posted elsewhere):

if you use the trick of appending GRAFT (or some other unique string) to the name of all geografted items in your scene [in DAZ Studio], you don't need to worry about editing the .lxo file. You can just delete all files matching *GRAFT* from the resources/objects directory Reality creates and it will render with only the correct geometry loaded.

I've used this technique and it works perfectly.

I'm fairly confident that this will be fixed in Reality 3, when that is finally delivered.

edited December 1969

I'll repost what was mentioned in the other thread. It already explains how to solve this issue.

Vwrangler is right about this issue in the current version of Reality for DS. It applies to all GeoGrafts. Two versions of each GeoGrafted surface are exported to Lux, one of which is at base resolution, so they overlap. Currently you can eliminate the unwanted low resolution copies by either editing the .lxo or (more easily) by exporting the scene for Lux and then manually deleting the surfaces from the objects folder created by Reality for use by Luxrender.

To quote forum member cwichura (posted elsewhere):

if you use the trick of appending GRAFT (or some other unique string) to the name of all geografted items in your scene [in DAZ Studio], you don't need to worry about editing the .lxo file. You can just delete all files matching *GRAFT* from the resources/objects directory Reality creates and it will render with only the correct geometry loaded.

I've used this technique and it works perfectly.

I'm fairly confident that this will be fixed in Reality 3, when that is finally delivered.

edited July 2014

edit. [fixed]

Post edited by skyit on