M6 Observation

Comments

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,257
    edited December 1969

I have hopes that a morph set will be released to allow people to give G2M more variety of body shapes and details.

• edited December 1969

TimG said:
    I have hopes that a morph set will be released to allow people to give G2M more variety of body shapes and details.

I know there are couple out there already but, not doing the trick.

This one I've not tried yet
    http://www.daz3d.com/shape-shift-for-genesis-2-male-s-m6

• alkenalken Posts: 253
    edited December 1969

I have the shape shift for g2m and it doesn't really address the pectorals.

• edited December 1969

alken said:

OK. THIS is good to know. Then yes, some proper morphs need to be made down the road here.
    Thanks for the info.

• edited December 1969

alken said:

Same goes for this one:

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-male-body-morphs Just does not address the issue.

edited December 1969

alken said:

yeah, I saw what was included on the list and passed because of that

• edited December 1969

TimG said:
    alken said:

yeah, I saw what was included on the list and passed because of that

Understandable.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited December 1969

So the issue is just with the M6 shape? if so I'm sure I can make a few pectorial smoothers and upload as a freebie or something. With regards to Shapeshift, it was developed before M6, so there was no need for pectorial morph corrections because I never saw the shape:)

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    So the issue is just with the M6 shape? if so I'm sure I can make a few pectorial smoothers and upload as a freebie or something. With regards to Shapeshift, it was developed before M6, so there was no need for pectorial morph corrections because I never saw the shape:)

In my opinion, the pec shape is very odd on the base G2M. There's just too much fullness to it for a regular guy and there currently is no way to reduce the volume. I think an average to slender guy doesn't have a chest that looks like that. With previous figures like M4, his pecs were fairly flat until you added muscle morphs

edited December 2013

Cool. I will see what can be done..I have some free time today:) Think a no breast type morph similar to one found on the females would be usefull as well.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Here's a quick render showing what I feel is odd looking - Genesis with Basic Male and G2M default.

chest.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 272K
    edited December 1969

Ah yes, the lines are very defined, I'll see if those can be softened a bit. Will have to test them with the bone movement first..bleh.

• edited December 1969

Zev0 said:

That would make sense! :-)

and YES, that would be awesome!!! ;-)

edited December 1969

Sounds great, Zev0...would also like to see nipple height/width adjustments as well as several pec undercurve shapes.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    Here's a quick render showing what I feel is odd looking - Genesis with Basic Male and G2M default.

For it being a base shape, I think G2M works because it will work as a base for clothing. If the chest is too flat, then there is issues when you expand the chest. Too big and you have the same issue.

Anyway, would this work for M6 (not the base G2M)?

QuinnTest01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 494K
    edited December 2013

Lol this is a freebie, not a full out product. I will see what I can do. I am just going to try and address the main issues, but if I have time, will add some more stuff:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

That looks pretty natural to me, i like.

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Lol this is a freebie, not a full out product. I will see what I can do. I am just going to try and address the main issues, but if I have time, will add some more stuff:)

I'll take the freebies AND a full blown product...it would be worth the $. :-)

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438
    edited December 1969

I don't have Michael 6, but I could do you nipples height for the "G"2M free base. Because his unnaturally high nipples are even more creepy than the horribly shaped pecs.
    But isn't that already included in the morphs set? I thought that was a basic morph sure to be included.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    But isn't that already included in the morphs set? I thought that was a basic morph sure to be included.

From what I can find from my delta comparison test, G2M body morphpack has following unique morphs that affect the pectorals.
    PBMPectoralsCleavage.dsf
    PBMPectoralsDiameter.dsf
    PBMPectoralsHeavy.dsf
    PBMPectoralsHeight.dsf
    PBMPectoralsHeightOuter.dsf
    PBMPectoralsSag.dsf
    PBMPectoralsUnderCurve.dsf
  • jepegraphicsjepegraphics Posts: 863
    edited December 1969

I'm one of the people who too thinks that the chest area of G2M and M6 definitely needs work, I'm glad that Zev0 is on this problem and I so hope he can add some more variety and more believable shapes to the pectorals. I mostly work in Poser and always need to smooth out the chest area with the Morphing Tool, even if I don't use full M6, only half of the body morph and half of the other full body morph shapes.

edited December 1969

TimG said:

For it being a base shape, I think G2M works because it will work as a base for clothing. If the chest is too flat, then there is issues when you expand the chest. Too big and you have the same issue.

that's a nice morph

This is just my opinion, but I think the default shape for a male should be somewhat undefined in muscle tone and moderate in body size. Morphs and shapes should be used to add muscle or fat bulk and definition. If you take the current G2M and use a thin morph, he still has full pecs, where a thin guy would have a flat chest.

edited December 2013

Kattey said:
    Hellboy said:

From what I can find from my delta comparison test, G2M body morphpack has following unique morphs that affect the pectorals.
    PBMPectoralsCleavage.dsf
    PBMPectoralsDiameter.dsf
    PBMPectoralsHeavy.dsf
    PBMPectoralsHeight.dsf
    PBMPectoralsSag.dsf

But nipples? I'm talking about nipples. I mean, I don't mind doing them, but I'd assume they would be already included...

Post edited by Soto on
    edited December 2013

g2m does not have width or height morphs for the nips. You can sort of achieve this by moving the breasts around, but that would be a pose not a morph.

Post edited by alken on
    edited December 1969

alken said:
    g2m does not have width or height morphs for the nips.

OMG!!
    I'll go do some.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 2013

Hellboy said:
    Kattey said:
    Hellboy said:

PBMPectoralsCleavage.dsf
    PBMPectoralsDiameter.dsf
    PBMPectoralsHeavy.dsf
    PBMPectoralsHeight.dsf
    PBMPectoralsSag.dsf

But nipples? I'm talking about nipples. I mean, I don't mind doing them, but I'd assume they would be already included...
    There are four nipple morphs in both G2M and G2F body packages.
    PBMNipplesDepth.dsf - the same delta in both G2M and G2F packs.
    *PBMNipplesDiameter.dsf - the different delta in both G2M and G2F packs.
    PBMNipplesLarge.dsf - the same delta in both G2M and G2F packs.
    PBMNipplesSize.dsf - the same delta in both G2M and G2F packs.
    Only one out of those four has unique deltas, while other three are interchangeable and as far as I recall, none of those four have any additional bone adjustments on either figures, so in some weird sense those three morphs with same deltas are 'unisex'. They will look somewhat differently on G2M and G2F because G2M and G2F bases look differently, but the shaping itself is same in 75% of nipple morphs on both male and female figures if we speak of Body Morph packages.

Post edited by Kattey on
  • edited December 1969

alken said:
    Sounds great, Zev0...would also like to see nipple height/width adjustments as well as several pec undercurve shapes.

;-)

• edited December 1969

Jepe said:
    I'm one of the people who too thinks that the chest area of G2M and M6 definitely needs work, I'm glad that Zev0 is on this problem and I so hope he can add some more variety and more believable shapes to the pectorals. I mostly work in Poser and always need to smooth out the chest area with the Morphing Tool, even if I don't use full M6, only half of the body morph and half of the other full body morph shapes.

HEY JEPE! I'll catch yah on DA ;-)

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    TimG said:

that's a nice morph

This is just my opinion, but I think the default shape for a male should be somewhat undefined in muscle tone and moderate in body size. Morphs and shapes should be used to add muscle or fat bulk and definition. If you take the current G2M and use a thin morph, he still has full pecs, where a thin guy would have a flat chest.

G2M has less muscle definition than M4, I believe. However the default shape is where the weightmaps are defined, so it needs to be somewhere in the middle.

edited December 2013

Ok here you go.. Two shots. One showing the base smoother on the base shape, the other on M6. I included a nipple height morph. Will attach the download link soon.

m6.jpg
    1877 x 1040 - 220K
    base.jpg
    1284 x 978 - 184K
    Post edited by Zev0 on