Migrating files from 3d to 4d Pro??

LorettaLoretta Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Can someone please help me? I recently downloaded the new version of DAZ 4, replacing my old DAZ 3. I am unable to migrate my old files across to the new program. I get an error message telling me to go have a look at the Data Log (which I have done) and as I know nothing about computer programing etc, I am none the wiser.

Can someone please expain to me VERY SIMPLY how I can access all my old 3d characters, clothing etc. I repeat - SIMPLY. I am not a professional, I just like to use DAZ casually.

Thanks

Loretta

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

Is this a problem loading old .daz scene files? You need the \data folder from your old primary DAZ Studio Content directory. If you still have DS3 installed that's the first one listed in Edit>Preferences>Directories.

• LorettaLoretta Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly. I can't bring ANY files across and there are hundreds of them. Please expalin what I have to do with the /data folder and where I will find that - I told you I knew nothing about computers!!

Many thanks

Loretta

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

Did you select the folders you had selected as content directories in DS3 as content directories in DS4? If not, open the Content Library pane (Window>Panes(Tabs)>Content Library), then right-click on its tab and from the menu select Import Mapped Directories, about half-way down the menu, make sure all are checked, and click Accept.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Adam made a tutorial about this http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/306/

• LorettaLoretta Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi again Richard,

Tried that and nothing happened - THEN I did another search Hard Drive for files and it found plenty. After this I did as you suggested and WOW all my files are there! Thanks so much. NOW how do I sort them out at I have an unnassigned file a mile long!!