How do I remove uninstalled product from Content Library Product List?

barbultbarbult Posts: 23,137
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I uninstalled a product that I do not have the prerequisite for. The product still shows up in the Content Library Product listing. When I right click on it, rename and delete are greyed out and can't be selected. I have stopped and restarted DAZ Studio, but it is still there. I am running DAZ Studio 4.0.3.47 Pro on Windows 64 bit. How do I get rid of that product name in the product listing?

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If the items are still in Unassigned, move the category out of unassigned, then you can delete them.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,137
    edited December 1969

Cridgit, I'd like to know your process for tricking it. I've found your metadata creation tutorial to be wonderful! I create and modify metadata all the time using that technique. Thanks. If the tricking technique sounds too tricky, I'll just live with it the way it is.

fixmypcmike, I'm not sure the items were in unassigned, because this product was installed with its metadata by the DAZ installer. I was able to delete the product file icons themselves by removing orphaned references after uninstalling the product. But the product name remains in the product list.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Ah, sorry, misunderstood. Yes, annoyingly, you can't remove a Product.

edited May 2022

Redacted

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,137
    edited December 1969

1. Copy the global ID from your existing product’s DSX file (the one you can’t delete)
    2. Delete the existing DSX file as well as its DSA and JPG file
    3. Install your new product then change its global ID to the one above
    4. When you load the metadata DAZ Studio will load the metadata incl the new name into the existing “product” making the old one “disappear”

Thanks cridgit, that worked perfectly. I am in awe of your DAZ content database insights!

edited May 2022

Redacted

• ....5 years later. is this still the only way to remove stuff? in 4.9 I don't see anyway to remove products