Velociraptor

a5nima5nim Posts: 30
edited December 1969 in Freebies

An .obj model of a velociraptor.Rendered with Bryce.
The link is:
http://www.ShareCG.com/v/73116/view/5/3D-Model/Velociraptor

velociraptor05.jpg
1024 x 800 - 440K
velociraptor04.jpg
1024 x 800 - 446K
velociraptor03.jpg
1024 x 800 - 335K
velociraptor02.jpg
1024 x 800 - 374K
velociraptor01.jpg
1024 x 800 - 277K

Comments

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

It looks very cool, I can't wait to test it out.

But I have one comment though: the archive could be rough for people who are not very familiar with the way DS4 separates the contents in the library because the archive doesn't contain any sub directories. So you need to put the files in the right places yourself (which I'm currently doing).

• TtfnJohnTtfnJohn Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

I posted at ShareCG looking for a way to make this remarkable fella more realistic by giving him a coat of feathers as dinosaurs of that period were warm blooded and needed something to keep them warm! ;-) I think I can change the eyes to make them more bird like and less reptilian, remember that birds are the last dinosaurs, with eyes that will open to more roundish as less light is available to them. Kind of like a domestic cat's. Anyway, anyone with a suggestion or answer I can use, it would be much appreciated. I know it breaks with modelling tradition for dinosaurs but by the time velociraptor appeared along with most of it's cousins like T-Rex appears, and most of it's meals, dinosaurs were, by and large feathered social beasts. Thanks in advance for any help! A great model!

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 622
    edited December 1969

He looks gorgeous! I hope he's rigged for action. I just have to remember to find this thread again when I get off work today so I can play with him!

TtfnJohn said:
    I posted at ShareCG looking for a way to make this remarkable fella more realistic by giving him a coat of feathers as dinosaurs of that period were warm blooded and needed something to keep them warm! ;-) I think I can change the eyes to make them more bird like and less reptilian, remember that birds are the last dinosaurs, with eyes that will open to more roundish as less light is available to them. Kind of like a domestic cat's. Anyway, anyone with a suggestion or answer I can use, it would be much appreciated. I know it breaks with modelling tradition for dinosaurs but by the time velociraptor appeared along with most of it's cousins like T-Rex appears, and most of it's meals, dinosaurs were, by and large feathered social beasts. Thanks in advance for any help! A great model!
    If you've got access to LAMH or Garibaldi Hair, it's easy to paint your own fur pattern on figures.