Genesis/ Genesis 2 Product Compatibility - Let Me Get This Straight

GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,488

I just wanted to ask a technical question regarding Genesis 2. Well, about Genesis and Auto fit as well I reckon.

So, let me get this straight. If I use Genesis, through the miracle that is auto fit, I can make use of the thousands and thousands of dollars worth of products I've previously purchased for the Gen 4 series of figures, M4, V4 etc. If however, I choose to work with the Gen2 shape, I am limited to products made specifically for that shape. No backwards compatibility at all right? No auto fit going the other way from Genesis 2 to Genesis?

I'm not trying to make any sort of hate thread on Gen 2 thread as I own the shape already, I just want to make sure I'm not missing a way to enjoy the new products made for Genesis 2 on Genesis 1.

I'd appreciate any clarity anyone can provide on this.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,374
    edited December 1969

Genesis 2 Female can have Genesis 1 clothing AutoFitted, and so (at the price of a double conversion) can have older clothing AutoFitted. There are PA products for both V4 direct to G2F and fro G2F to Genesis.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited October 2013

Clothing made for Genesis will autofit to G2F (no additional purchase required, though depending on what clothing you are going for, this product may yield better results)

Clothing made for V4 will autofit to G2F if you buy this (edit: or as Richard suggested above, convert to Genesis first, then it should autofit to G2F).

Clothing made for G2F will autofit to Genesis if you buy this.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,488
    edited December 1969

Genesis 2 Female can have Genesis 1 clothing AutoFitted, and so (at the price of a double conversion) can have older clothing AutoFitted. There are PA products for both V4 direct to G2F and fro G2F to Genesis.

So you're saying autofit the V4 or M4 clothing to Genesis, then resave it. Then autofit that item to Genesis 2?

edited December 1969

Clothing made for Genesis will autofit to G2F (no additional purchase required, though depending on what clothing you are going for, this product may yield better results)

Clothing made for V4 will autofit to G2F if you buy this (edit: or as Richard suggested above, convert to Genesis first, then it should autofit to G2F).

Clothing made for G2F will autofit to Genesis if you buy this.

Thanks for the product info.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

I can add it's very worth it to buy the Gen 4 clone. I use V4 clothing autofit to G2F even in DAZ promos. With something like the dress rig to add handles it produces very a serviceable conversion.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,374
    edited December 1969

Greybro said:

So you're saying autofit the V4 or M4 clothing to Genesis, then resave it. Then autofit that item to Genesis 2?

Yes, save as a Figure Asset (File>Save as>Support Asset) rather than as a scene/scene subset.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

I can add it's very worth it to buy the Gen 4 clone. I use V4 clothing autofit to G2F even in DAZ promos. With something like the dress rig to add handles it produces very a serviceable conversion.

I would also say the same, the V4 clone for G2F is a very worthwhile addition.

It seems to yield a better quality than the V4 to Genesis conversion by default. Of course there are helpers for V4 to Genesis conversion like SickleYield's templates and rigs, but in the end you convert from V4 to Genesis and then on to G2F, which is two conversion processes and there is bound to be some inconsistency.

Personally I've had very good results with the V4 clone product for G2F (and also with the Genesis to G2F conversion for that matter). Especially shoes/boots appear to convert quite well in comparison, which in the original V4 to Genesis conversion is only matched with the help of SickleYield's tools in my opinion. Speaking of such tools, the dress rig of SickleYield for G2F works like a charm as well and is a very good addition if you want to convert long dresses.

edited January 2014

Hey SickleYield,

Hey,

I notice that I don't seem to have support for M3 through autofit. I do have a load of stuff for M3 I'd like to revisit from back in the day. I was wondering, do any of your plugins add support for the Mil 3 figures to autofit?

I want to use the Kung Fu outfit for M3 on Genesis and I'm wondering if your Sickle Rigging and Morphing System an help me accomplish this through autofit.

Regards,
    Brent

Actually, I just figured out that if I buy the Gen 3 shapes it adds support for my Mil 3 figures.

Post edited by Greybro on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited January 2014

Gen3 three clones for Genesis1 then you can Autofit to G1, Save and then AutoFit to G2 just like the Gen 4 clothing stuff.
    Here are the clones http://www.daz3d.com/gen-3-iconic-shapes-for-genesis

And I missed the Last line of your post. Thought it was a sig line. Need to go to bed.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

This is flipping awesome news!
  • grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
    edited December 1969

You can always autofit the clothes to Genesis then unfit them and autofit them to Genesis 2 using Genesis as the source figure. This works fine to bring in clothes from, for example, V3 or A3.