hu "potential bug"? careful with the abort button!

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

The problem would be if/for/when working on an already finished item, such as a pair of purchased boots, trying to make morphs or something.

I was playing around with the uvmap [potentially to one day try making some options] and when I hit the 'abort' button, instead of everything reverting to "as it imported", it MOVED the uvmap islands over quite a bit.

The boots were the ones that came in the recent PC jeans/shirt/shoes/boot set for both Genesis 1 and 2 females. I was working with the pair for G1. Was using the uv smoothing tool on the uvmap. Hitting abort, it shouldn't have done all what it did!

Comments

• dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373
    edited December 1969

validate first then com or option z to revert

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Will take note of that ... however this was the first time I encountered this "burp" in the program. For the item I was working with, it was repeatable. Has never done that with my other items. And I checked the $item, it is good. Same uvmap in every program I ran it through. So I don't think Hexagon should have moved everything over the way it did. At any rate, just another little item to be mindful of when using the program. If Hexie can, Hexie will ...