surreality- help!

DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,502
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I love looking at all the Surreality stuff, and shocking as it might be... I have nothing from Surreality at all yet.

See, from what I can tell from the store promos, it's heavily biased towards Poser users, it looks better in the Poser renders, and they have way more options in Poser than in DS- like tons of skin tones, and from what I can tell, because that's a python script, DS users don't get the benefit of that... so DS users pay same price but get less from the package... is that right?

It stinks... i really love all those make ups... but also really love all those skin tones....

I don't know, maybe I'll get one one sale, but it's a bummer not to be able to use the whole package :(

Can someone please let me know if its at all possible to get those skin tones in DS??

Comments

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

She talks about it here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28411/

There's another link in there as well, where she talks some more.

So yes, it is possible if you don't mind swimming in the channels a little bit. :)

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited September 2013

DS users can do the same thing as the python script by just changing the diffuse color. She goes over a few of the new characters here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28411/

/edit
    damnit- beat while I was grabbin the link

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    DS users can do the same thing as the python script by just changing the diffuse color. She goes over a few of the new characters here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28411/

/edit
    damnit- beat while I was grabbin the link

Ha! Take that Dragon Princess.
    *Beetle Glare of Victory*

edited December 1969

lmao!

/stupid error messages

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,502
    edited December 1969

thanks for the fast replies! COOL. Think I'm going to get my first surreality set then :)

But speaking of...
    where are the promos for http://www.daz3d.com/otherworldly-wonders-equinox ????

edited December 1969

Not all products retained their promos during the site move.

edited December 1969

Oh bummer. I thought they were fixing everything...

edited December 1969

You can probably put in a support ticket about it, or a thread looking for more renders/promos of it.

edited December 1969

welp. I guess i was looking at that at the end of the sale day, because not on sale anymore. Dammit I hate these one day things. guess I'll have to wait till end of the month and wish for a catch up. I only have one GC to use, and i can't afford to pick here and there. So waiting till the end of the month i guess. :(

Sorry Surreality and also Sickleyield, i had items from both of you in my cart but was too slow :(

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

welp. I guess i was looking at that at the end of the sale day, because not on sale anymore. Dammit I hate these one day things. guess I'll have to wait till end of the month and wish for a catch up. I only have one GC to use, and i can't afford to pick here and there. So waiting till the end of the month i guess. :(

Sorry Surreality and also Sickleyield, i had items from both of you in my cart but was too slow :(

SIckleyield's store is still on sale.

edited September 2013

it's not showing a discount in my cart tho?
    And look, here's SY's stuff on sale as of the post I had before....

and SY's store now. Not on sale....

SY_not_sale.jpg
    973 x 868 - 652K
    SY_sale.jpg
    973 x 868 - 671K
    Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

I'm still seeing SY's store on sale and the sale prices. You might try logging out and back in to see if that fixes it for you.

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,008
    edited December 1969

All of my promos for Doomed Poet for David use Otherworldly Wonders in DS, if that helps at all - the texture is great for doing a softer guy look, as well as female characters. I have about 6 Surreality character sets and while some options are poser-only, she does a trillion options on every set, so even without some of the special poser bits enabled they are generally a good value for a DS user, IMHO. Particularly her newer sets that have DS mats set up.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

What Canary said. I was disappointed when there weren't DS mats for all the Poser options, but when there are 500 Poser mats and 300 DS mats, it's not like you aren't getting your money's worth.