Artist Festival Render Thread ♦♦♦{Now with Prizes offered from DAZ 3D}♦♦♦

Comments

• WirenutWirenut Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

Wow! The weekly winners images on the front splash page.
    That's way cool:)

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063
    edited December 1969

How do I know which artists are for which week???? They change every 24 hours... Is there a list of this weeks' artists to use for renders????

• Budo-sanBudo-san Posts: 1,794
    edited September 2013

Wirenut said:
    Wow! The weekly winners images on the front splash page.
    That's way cool:)

Yes, indeed looks very nice! I'm very happy with it. Thanks!!!!!!!

3de-pa-20-9-13.JPG
    500 x 392 - 60K
    Post edited by Budo-san on
  • ScraverXScraverX Posts: 152
    edited December 1969

llolalane said:
    How do I know which artists are for which week???? They change every 24 hours... Is there a list of this weeks' artists to use for renders????

It's back near the start of the thread, or in the first post.... I know I found it.

edited December 1969

llolalane said:

It's back near the start of the thread, or in the first post.... I know I found it.

Thanks Richard.. I've been looking for an hour.. There is a lot to read through... It's all very confusing... I can't afford to buy each of the items featured each week.. It looks like it's only THOSE items... This is too rich for my blood.. even at 50 percent off.. LOL.. I guess I'll just post what I have and cross my fingers. lol... Thank you.

• VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited September 2013

Used: Art Nouveau Fun Kit
    PA: Canary3d
    Please consider for the contest
    Title: Art Nouveau Gilt Clock

When I first saw the teaser for the Art Nouveau Fun Kit I knew exactly what I wanted to do when I got it. Got it last night and here it is.

I had a lot of fun doing this so I can vouch that the product delivers "Fun" :P

an_clock.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 539K
    Post edited by Vanguard on
    edited December 1969

Vanguard said:

When I first saw the teaser for the Art Nouveau Fun Kit I knew exactly what I wanted to do when I got it. Got it last night and here it is.

WOW.... gorgeous Vanguard... I may as well throw in the towel now... lol... Hope you post it on DeviantArt so I can fav it ;) Hugzzz

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

Vanguard said:

Love love love this. Beautiful.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited December 1969

...so week 3 would be 09-13 to 09-20, correct?

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Vanguard said:

Love that idea! Great job.
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Not quite, 09-14 (saturday) to 09-20 would be correct. Saturday to Friday. It was friday to friday the first week to include the day it started, but after that it has been saturday to friday

edited September 2013

Used: Art Nouveau Fun Kit, again

Title: Simple Girl

an-girl2.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 610K
  • IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Vanguard, those are both beautiful. Very imaginative work on the clock, but I love the serene mood of the second one too.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

Question. Can I enter a render which includes content from this weeks PA sale , but content I already owned not bought during the sale? If yes, then here is my entry:

Used products: Ron's smoke, Deviney Ron's War Elements Deviney, Axel international M5- for this weeks contest. Everything except two items in the scene were bought here at daz.

hughklydcamping.jpg
    1065 x 852 - 288K
  • osirriosirri Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Vanguard said:

This SCREAMS fun! It's gorgeous and really creative. Love it!

edited September 2013

OK, last one for this morning, I promise. Just having a bit to much fun with this. :)
    I love this figure's shape from profile AND from straight on, so here is another angle.

Used: Art Nouveau Fun Kit, yet again

Title: Simple Girl Sees You

an-girl3.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 596K
  • Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

Vanguard said:

Oh my gosh that is completely amazing. *love*

edited September 2013

Vanguard said:
    OK, last one for this morning, I promise. Just having a bit to much fun with this. :)
    I love this figure's shape from profile AND from straight on, so here is another angle.

Used: Art Nouveau Fun Kit, yet again

Title: Simple Girl Sees You

Beautiful render and I love what you did with the drape! I'm so glad you like the character, too. The best thing about content creation is I get to have half an idea and then better artist than me turn it into all sorts of cool finished art :)

Post edited by Canary3d on
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Not quite, 09-14 (saturday) to 09-20 would be correct. Saturday to Friday. It was friday to friday the first week to include the day it started, but after that it has been saturday to friday

...good enough though, made several purchases in that time. So do things like effects cameras and merchant resources count?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Carola O said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...good enough though, made several purchases in that time. So do things like effects cameras and merchant resources count?

cameras should count atleast, I assume that merchant resources counts too, but don't know for sure

edited December 1969

...most of what I have been purchasing has been utility content rather than clothing, hair, scenery & the like.

edited December 1969

Rendered for the PC Inspiration Contest—September 18, 2013 but I also used a PA item, Sculptural Genesis Ultra Fun Kit

"Christmas Angel Lamp"

USED: Sorcery Poses for Genesis (pose JG-01 for the Angel)

Ever since I was a little girl i've wanted a Lady Lamp for my bedroom... so when the Sculptural Genesis Ultra Fun Kit with it's lamp kits went on sale... I couldn't help but make one for myself. Plus, the holidays are just around the corner, so I thought i'd make a holiday render. ENJOY :)

Happy Rendering

Christmas_Angel_Lamp_32minute_render_DONE_sign.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 531K
    edited December 1969

llolalane said:
    Rendered for the PC Inspiration Contest—September 18, 2013 but I also used a PA item, Sculptural Genesis Ultra Fun Kit

"Christmas Angel Lamp"

USED: Sorcery Poses for Genesis (pose JG-01 for the Angel)

Ever since I was a little girl i've wanted a Lady Lamp for my bedroom... so when the Sculptural Genesis Ultra Fun Kit with it's lamp kits went on sale... I couldn't help but make one for myself. Plus, the holidays are just around the corner, so I thought i'd make a holiday render. ENJOY :)

Happy Rendering

Yay! *clap clap* your angel lamp looks great! The whole pic is cool - I particularly love that wallpaper.

• hawkonthewinghawkonthewing Posts: 136
    edited December 1969

For the contest. Used-Art Nouveau Fun Kit (aptly named) and Graphic Arts Cameras. I was very pleased how well these two work together.

Title: Nouveau Demeter

Art_Nouveau_1.jpg
    800 x 640 - 366K
    edited December 1969

used: Deviney: Ron’s brushes - Dreamlight LDP-R - ...
    #4 in the serie

Frozen in time

Frozen_in_time.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 785K
    edited September 2013

...could i get a definitive answer to my questions posted earlier before I take the time to set up a pic for this challenge please?

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...could i get a definitive answer to my questions posted earlier before I take the time to set up a pic for this challenge please?

I feel your pain, a very confusing evolution of events in this thread, but there really only seems to be one real set of rules.

In order for a render to qualify for that week’s contest you need to include at least one item from a featured PA from the week. (So for week 1’s contest the render needs to contain an item from Week 1’s PA’s). We’ll say the week goes from Friday to Friday (I’m sure we can be flexible). If you want your render included in the contest just list the item and the name of the PA and say something like “For the render contest.”

To me that would me any thing you could possibly buy from a featured PA qualifies. Cameras, lights, shaders, merchant resources ... although tutorials might be a hard one to 'prove' :P

My way is like the original intent of the thread, to just post stuff I like. If I fall within the rules and happen to win something the better for me ;)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    The rules read pretty clear to me. Wednesday to Wednesday as stated, and to count for the weekly prize needs to be a item from the week of entry by a PA from the list posted in the First post in the Link. So if using a item SOLD on Wednesday of the week you must post the render by DAZ Midnight that night. If not you miss that week. So Any item sold from Last Wednesday to this Wednesday of this week would count in the contest.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    The rules read pretty clear to me. Wednesday to Wednesday as stated, and to count for the weekly prize needs to be a item from the week of entry by a PA from the list posted in the First post in the Link. So if using a item SOLD on Wednesday of the week you must post the render by DAZ Midnight that night. If not you miss that week. So Any item sold from Last Wednesday to this Wednesday of this week would count in the contest.

Not quite Jade

The last day to submit your entries are on wednesday, but the qualifying week counts from Saturday to Friday. Like week three is September 14 to September 20, and the last day to submit your entry for that weeks contest is wednesday September 25 (don't remember the time, but in the morning I believe it was)

edited December 1969

used: Lofn by Dumor3D

Xenia

Xenia.jpg
    1000 x 1235 - 682K