Art Deco Statuettes complete imagery

All 15 Art Deco Statuettes for Victoria 8 - images can be found here: https://www.deviantart.com/jepegraphics/gallery/67454824/Art-Deco-Statuettes-for-Victoria-8

including a few artistic renders, a comparison chart with the "real" statuettes and recommendations for hair you can use. :)

Comments

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Wow, I finally have interaction with the mighty Jepe.

I picked this up for the Shaders and the Stands.

I figure the stands will come in handy when I start printing figures, plus the shapes will help with Greeble-kit-bashing.

Thank you for including everything.

We appreciate when you allow a product to be used in more ways than originally pitched and presented.

Also, a lot of your products are used for comics and a product that I contributed in making, is on sale today.

So this is another reason - today is a great day.

As long as you are here.....

This product is special....

https://www.daz3d.com/michael-7-photoshooting-poses

And you captured something with the almost-superhero-poses.....

I wish you would explore that more in a combination Gen3 and Gen8 pose set.

Some very heroic, standing around poses...

I think you could ace that.
    Statuesque.

regal.

Powerful, but stoic...

• jepegraphicsjepegraphics Posts: 863
    edited October 2018

Thank you for the kind words, Griffin. I was a bit limited with presentation of these statuettes since the presentation rules changed in the store, I assume because of the strict rules Paypal has regarding selling content. And yes, it is of course a set of 15 complete statuettes, but pedestals especially and all the other props can be used to build your own statuette, even for 3D printing - not limited to the females also. 

The Photoshooting poses are a corporate project between me and Muscleman, he provided the base poses, I only refined them a bit and made the promos. :)

A lot of work for male poses went into my Cinematic sets btw. 400 poses in 5 sets - not long ago. 

Post edited by jepegraphics on
  • Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004

This is a lovely set, Jepe - I bought it the moment I saw it! - Canary

• Canary3d said:

This is a lovely set, Jepe - I bought it the moment I saw it! - Canary

Haha! Thank you Canary - so did I - with your Sculptural G8 set - I was and I am so glad these two sets are such a perfect combination. I was keen on the easy UV sets of course since that is something I can't achieve. cheeky

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

This is such a fantastic Set!! It is in my wishlist for now but I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

You outdone yourself here, my friend.

PERFECT.

• Pet said:

This is such a fantastic Set!! It is in my wishlist for now but I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

You outdone yourself here, my friend.

PERFECT.

Thank you for your kind words! heart

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

Darn it! I was going to pass, but then I had to go and look at the additional promo renders. 

Wonderful work as always.

• Joe Webb said:

Darn it! I was going to pass, but then I had to go and look at the additional promo renders. 

Wonderful work as always.

Thank you Joe. I'm glad the additional promo images are a bit helpful. :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you for the kind words, Griffin. I was a bit limited with presentation of these statuettes since the presentation rules changed in the store, I assume because of the strict rules Paypal has regarding selling content. And yes, it is of course a set of 15 complete statuettes, but pedestals especially and all the other props can be used to build your own statuette, even for 3D printing - not limited to the females also. 

The Photoshooting poses are a corporate project between me and Muscleman, he provided the base poses, I only refined them a bit and made the promos. :)

A lot of work for male poses went into my Cinematic sets btw. 400 poses in 5 sets - not long ago. 

I highly recommend the Cinematics sets as well.  Really great poses and some awesome props to go with.

•  

I highly recommend the Cinematics sets as well.  Really great poses and some awesome props to go with.

Thank you very much for mentioning too - indeed the Cinematic sets might look a bit spacey - crazy at a first glance, but imagine the props with more common shaders everyone has in their Runtime like stone, plastic, rubber or leather - it needs a bit of creativity - but the main thing are indeed the poses.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063

Channeling my favorite Art Deco designer/artist - Erté. Instabuy!

• namffuak said:

Channeling my favorite Art Deco designer/artist - Erté. Instabuy!

I was termpted - but I din't dare to re-create an Erté sculpture - most complex and absolutely crazy wonderful - maybe in my 2nd pack - but I think I need a month for one sculpture of that quality. surprise Love "Starstruck" and "Le Soleil". heart 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576

...lovely, but unfortunately I never made the move to G8.

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210

Beautiful product. Looking at the comparison renders on Deviantart, I'd definitly have to look a second (and third) time to tell the originals from the 3d models if you hadn't told us.

• Kitsumo said:

Beautiful product. Looking at the comparison renders on Deviantart, I'd definitly have to look a second (and third) time to tell the originals from the 3d models if you hadn't told us.

Thank you! :) - In some cases I had to make compromises, but I tried to catch the idea of Art Deco statuettes - hope I was a bit successful. blush

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,440

very nice. I liked them a lot from the 1st time I saw them .. quite awhile back. In the wishlist now ... all the sales have killed my cashflow, but soon in my runtim, or DAZtime ..whatever its called now.

• daveso said:

very nice. I liked them a lot from the 1st time I saw them .. quite awhile back. In the wishlist now ... all the sales have killed my cashflow, but soon in my runtim, or DAZtime ..whatever its called now.

That's good to know - thank you for your kind words. :)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Not Erté so much as Preiss. Although there were aswarm of other sculptors who worked in this style. And they are all fairly unique, since while the bronze was cast, the ivory was generally hand carved.

• JOdel said:

Not Erté so much as Preiss. Although there were aswarm of other sculptors who worked in this style. And they are all fairly unique, since while the bronze was cast, the ivory was generally hand carved.

Yes indeed, beside Chiparus, Preiss was the king of Art Deco sculptures, I love the combination of bronze and ivory, with the ivory always revealing a lot of flesh. cheeky I have a lamp sculpture in the style of Preiss in my second pack. 

• And this one, it's also a Preiss statuette.

JP-AD-Statuette-18.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 143K
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited October 2018

I had successfully managed to ignore yet another product for Victoria 8, until I came across this thread and made the mistake of opening it and reading. I went to DA and looked at all the images there, I came back to Daz and looked at the product page. Into the cart it went.

And somewhere in all of that, Sonja, (IceDragonArt,) came in and raved about the Cinematic series, so while I was at it, I took a good long look at all five of those. I finally decided on getting the first one, and into the cart it went as well. A few hours later, with an abundance of great deals in my cart, I checked out.

And a few hours after that, I see the second product in the Cinematic series is PC+ for a Day. And into the cart it went.

Long story short, thank you for being so generous, @jepegraphics. heart

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • jepegraphicsjepegraphics Posts: 863
    edited October 2018
    L'Adair said:

I had successfully managed to ignore yet another product for Victoria 8, until I came across this thread and made the mistake of opening it and reading. I went to DA and looked at all the images there, I came back to Daz and looked at the product page. Into the cart it went.

And somewhere in all of that, Sonja, (IceDragonArt,) came in and raved about the Cinematic series, so while I was at it, I took a good long look at all five of those. I finally decided on getting the first one, and into the cart it went as well. A few hours later, with an abundance of great deals in my cart, I checked out.

And a few hours after that, I see the second product in the Cinematic series is PC+ for a Day. And into the cart it went.

Long story short, thank you for being so generous, @jepegraphics. heart

Thank you very much, L'Adair for your kind words - what a story. :D I wasn't even aware of that the Cinematic set went on sale today - I thought that including the item in the PC sale was maybe an opportunity to gain a bit of interest to a wider audience, you know, male content is usually not so well received by the customers, but especially with these 5 sets you're of course not tied to the male poses or the crazy materials. cheeky  

Post edited by jepegraphics on
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
    edited October 2018
    L'Adair said:
    Thank you very much, L'Adair for your kind words - what a story. :D I wasn't even aware of that the Cinematic set went on sale today - I thought that including the item in the PC sale was maybe an opprtunity to gain a bit of interest to a wider audience, you know, male content is usually not so well received by the customers, but especially with these 5 sets you're of course not tied to the male poses or the crazy materials. cheeky   

Always makes me a little sad to see it stated again that male content is so much diffrently received than female content is. For me it's an enigma because my main focus in my renders are males. So I applaud every PA that still publishes stuff for Mickey! :D

Post edited by Sylvan on

I don't know much about the art deco era, but I'm having fun with my latest purchase and uploaded a new image to my gallery. Here's a link to:

Art Deco in Bronze & Gold

The hardest thing about using this was deciding on what materials to use on the various surfaces. Super simple, but high impact results. I'm really happy I bought this.

• L'Adair said:

I don't know much about the art deco era, but I'm having fun with my latest purchase and uploaded a new image to my gallery. Here's a link to:

Art Deco in Bronze & Gold

The hardest thing about using this was deciding on what materials to use on the various surfaces. Super simple, but high impact results. I'm really happy I bought this.

It's so nice to see you had fun experimenting with a wonderful unique result. Love the hair choice! heart 

• -Niko- said:
    L'Adair said:
    Always makes me a little sad to see it stated again that male content is so much diffrently received than female content is. For me it's an enigma because my main focus in my renders are males. So I applaud every PA that still publishes stuff for Mickey! :D

Thank you very much for your support, Niko! 

I did a render of just the statuette's face.

I didn't want to change the body shape. I assume it is in keeping with the Art Deco look as is, and changing the body would undoubtedly result in a lot of pose tweaking to fit the prop. But I did change the face. I dialed the V8 Head morph to zero and then dialed P3D Hailey in at 50%. From there I added in some head morphs of my own, created from G3 males, and tweaked with G8F Head Morphs.

Here's the end result:

Face Detail Art Deco Statuette

Seen from this angle, the choice to use the short afro hair makes more sense, I think.

I wanted to mention this so anyone reading this thread could see how easy it is to make their statuettes unique without a lot of hassle.

• L'Adair said:

I did a render of just the statuette's face.

I didn't want to change the body shape. I assume it is in keeping with the Art Deco look as is, and changing the body would undoubtedly result in a lot of pose tweaking to fit the prop. But I did change the face. I dialed the V8 Head morph to zero and then dialed P3D Hailey in at 50%. From there I added in some head morphs of my own, created from G3 males, and tweaked with G8F Head Morphs.

Here's the end result:

Face Detail Art Deco Statuette

Seen from this angle, the choice to use the short afro hair makes more sense, I think.

I wanted to mention this so anyone reading this thread could see how easy it is to make their statuettes unique without a lot of hassle.

Wonderful result and very unique. I love the overall look. heart

@jepegraphics, I made another image using this product. I don't want to turn this thread into a showcase of my work, (eek!) but I thought you'd be interested in seeing what I did. I posted the images and info in my WIPs thread in the Art Studio forums.

• L'Adair said:

@jepegraphics, I made another image using this product. I don't want to turn this thread into a showcase of my work, (eek!) but I thought you'd be interested in seeing what I did. I posted the images and info in my WIPs thread in the Art Studio forums.

Totally understand - just replied over there. smiley And because you shouldn't be the only one, I show another sneak peek of the second set's content. 

11-popup-jepe-art-deco-statuettes-ii-victoria8-daz3d.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 154K