bugs.daz3d.com - Where did it go?

vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,837
edited December 1969 in The Commons

If you try to go to bugs.daz3d.com, you get a raft of Zendesk certificate errors, and then it eventually reroutes you to https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/home

I have five open bug tickets that seem to have vanished into the ether.

So what's going on?

Comments

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

Announcement on that coming Monday. Basically we're moving the bug tracking system to one which is more secure and has better integration with our support system. Everyone that has an open bug will be getting the announcement early next week in an email that will answer questions like "What is going to happen to the open bugs I have?" We just didn't finish the announcement to send out today, and with the public beta releasing, wanted it over to the new system so that it would be less of an issue to work between the two systems. DAZ_Spooky, if he pops in over the weekend, will have more information if he is around to give it out as he is the driver behind it.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

ZenDesk == no more bug reports from me. ZenDesk absolutely blows.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

I hold my reaction until this gets "fixed" in the mean time I hope the open bugs are migrated over and don't get lost in the shuffle.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I received the email Jon referred to in his post above, and the following is what the message stated:

Hi Valued DAZ 3D Customer,

You are receiving this notice because you have entered a bug in the DAZ 3D bug tracking system.

In an effort to improve its service and systems, DAZ 3D is moving to a new system that allows customers to maintain a single account which is used across the entire website.

Unfortunately it is not practical for us to migrate all of the data from the old system to the new one. This means that while your bugs will continue to be visible to DAZ 3D staff and that we will continue to work on the bugs that were submitted to the old system, customers who submitted and/or were monitoring the bugs will not receive updates on their status.

All new bugs will be entered into the new system and updates will be visible and available from the new system to the customer who submitted the bug. If you wish to continue to receive notifications on status changes and updates, we invite you to re-enter the bug in the new system.

Your DAZ 3D Team

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Miss B, I was just about to post the email to this thread, but looks like you have beat me to it. Thank you for sharing :-)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

And what do we do about bug reports that have apparently been forgotten about or abandoned? I had a couple on the old system that I was trying to get something done about, but if we can't see the old reports, and we never get progress updates, what can we do?

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

And what do we do about bug reports that have apparently been forgotten about or abandoned? I had a couple on the old system that I was trying to get something done about, but if we can't see the old reports, and we never get progress updates, what can we do?

It says in the email that you can re-enter them in the new system. If I'm reading that quoted email correctly the Daz team can still see the info in the old reports so if you entered a new one that referenced the old one they could access all of the information and you could track it.

At least that's what it looks like it's saying to me.

edited December 1969

Sisca said:

It says in the email that you can re-enter them in the new system. If I'm reading that quoted email correctly the Daz team can still see the info in the old reports so if you entered a new one that referenced the old one they could access all of the information and you could track it.

That is correct. You can re-submit the bug and you will receive updates. None of the bugs have been abandoned though. All of the bugs from the old system will continue to be worked.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    Sisca said:

That is correct. You can re-submit the bug and you will receive updates. None of the bugs have been abandoned though. All of the bugs from the old system will continue to be worked.

So, should we fill the default Help Request form addressing it to Technical Support department to report bugs? Hum... I would like to vowel my concern about this new procedure. There are no real improvement in the new system beyond the single account login across the site, and this feature is a little annoying because you are automatically log off after sometime.

We are losing the monitoring view, the filters, the projects, the change log and all other features from the Mantis system. There are no transparency in the new system. Nobody beyond the DAZ staff can view the reports to add notes or to contribute with feedback or follow up. Is it that correct or i am anticipating me?

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited August 2013

DAZ_jared said:
    Sisca said:

how great is that? give double the work to the daz team, by re-submitting the same old problems that still remains....
    that seems not a great workflow to me,

don't you guys have other work to do? :)
    like finishing a workable animation studio called dazstudio 5 included with a full printable manual or ebook on Et-pad?

Post edited by Fixme12 on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,523
    edited December 1969

He is saying that because if you are one of those people who like to get the updates then you will need to re-sumit it. You won't be able to access the old ones so can't see there progress.

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    He is saying that because if you are one of those people who like to get the updates then you will need to re-sumit it. You won't be able to access the old ones so can't see there progress.

i don't remember them all, i had 6 updates in progress.

and have over 20 future requests, i don't re submit them as i just don't remember them all.

ah well, my daz history is as good as over so.

edited December 1969

So I can view tickets I open but how do I view tickets others opened that are experiencing the same issues as me with the new system?

edited December 1969

So I can view tickets I open but how do I view tickets others opened that are experiencing the same issues as me with the new system?

I'm re-asking this question, no one has responded. Can I view tickets other have opened, yes or no?

edited December 1969

Not currently. The goal is to implement this feature in the future.

edited December 1969

thank you for the answer, I hope this can be implemented quickly, I've been using the bug tracker to cross reference some of my submissions and discovering potential work around, this wont be possible without the collaborative element in place.

edited December 1969

thank you for the answer, I hope this can be implemented quickly, I've been using the bug tracker to cross reference some of my submissions and discovering potential work around, this wont be possible without the collaborative element in place.

A little more clarification on the issue:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/408874/

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

After all daz hide all bug reports from user.

Or is there way to check bug reports about daz contents,
    before buy and get trobule and just hope to wait daz slow work, or refund?

I have 5 bug reports which must need to correct.
    (not meta-data. there are many itmes which have meta-data problems, no one hope to count all,
    and I know daz do not corect them, about some case. there is no clear order)

I often found problems , out of the time to refund , so that send bug reports.
    and if there had been no problem, after daz re-package, they sometime or often cause problem too.
    at these case, user can not refund items.

the bug tracking is only way to check the products which have some prolbems or not.