Hanging Clothes on a Hook or Hanger

I'm trying to hang a lab coat on a hook on a wall, but would settle for hanging it on a hanger. I've seen lots of great tutorials on draping using dforce but I can't figure out how to accomplish this type of simulation. Not to mention my lab coat blows up less than a minute into the simulation, but that I can work around. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• rames44rames44 Posts: 329

There was a free morph on one of the other sites that would “flatten” a G3F.  With that, you could create an invisible “flat” character, have it wear the clothing (thus flattening the clothing), and then position the clothing on a hanger, which makes it look like it’s hanging on it.  You could probably get the same effect without the morph by showing the hidden transforms on a character and setting its Z scale (or X, I can’t remember) to near zero while leaving the other scales alone. Then hide the character, but not the clothing. 

• Thanks rames44, I'm going to try that!

• rames44rames44 Posts: 329

The morph I was referencing is called “Clothes Hanging Morph” (duh!) by and is over on ShareCG.

• Got it, haven't tried it yet but here's the link in case it helps somebody else. http://www.sharecg.com/v/86616/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Clothes-Hanging-Morph

Thanks again!

• seamanqseamanq Posts: 29
    edited March 2020

The method used (putting the clothing on a character and flattening the character on one axis) can be used successfully on any Genesis character.  In this picture, I did exactly that, putting clothing on a G8F charcter then flattening her on one axis, then hiding her, then "hanging" the clothes on hangers.  Works like a charm.  Now I am going to try to use the same trick to create a rack of bikini tops and bottoms.  Should be fun!

Upscale clothing store rack.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by seamanq on