Unable to Save Files

gregoryhilldesigngregoryhilldesign Posts: 18
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

This is so odd. I use Carrara 8.5 just about every day, and have had no problems with it in a long, long time. Today when I opened Carrara I got the message that I needed to input a new Serial Number... all as usual. I copied and pasted the new serial number.... as usual... and began to build a model. But I couldn't save it... I tried every option. At first I kept getting a dialog box saying that there was an I/O Error.

I closed and reopened Carrara. All seemed fine, but I continue to be unable to save a file. Now the dialog box message is different. I've attached a screen shot I took.... but basically it says:

File: /Users/build/DAZDevel/Build/Carrara85/InstallerScripts/Common?../../src/mcf/MFFileDocument.cpp
Line: 1059
A file not found error occurred while executing Save.

The last time I tried to save a scene, I just added a generic Cube to an empty scene and tried to save it.... same error message.

Anyone have an idea what the problem might be? Now, I did not download and install the new Carrara build today. I did that last month. I just input the new serial number.

carrara_dialog.jpg
419 x 148 - 41K

Comments

• edited December 1969

This is so odd. I use Carrara 8.5 just about every day, and have had no problems with it in a long, long time. Today when I opened Carrara I got the message that I needed to input a new Serial Number... all as usual. I copied and pasted the new serial number.... as usual... and began to build a model. But I couldn't save it... I tried every option. At first I kept getting a dialog box saying that there was an I/O Error.

I closed and reopened Carrara. All seemed fine, but I continue to be unable to save a file. Now the dialog box message is different. I've attached a screen shot I took.... but basically it says:

File: /Users/build/DAZDevel/Build/Carrara85/InstallerScripts/Common?../../src/mcf/MFFileDocument.cpp
    Line: 1059
    A file not found error occurred while executing Save.

The last time I tried to save a scene, I just added a generic Cube to an empty scene and tried to save it.... same error message.

Anyone have an idea what the problem might be? Now, I did not download and install the new Carrara build today. I did that last month. I just input the new serial number.

I am having a similar problem.

I tried to import a DXF file and the program crashed.
    I re-launched it and now it won't save. I get the following error:

An error has occurred.
    File: MFFileDocument.cpp
    Line: 1050

The program works fine when logged in as another user.

I trashed my preferences and still have the same problem.

Any one know of what might be the problem? Thanks in advance.

Screen_Shot_2013-08-13_at_8.11_.19_PM_.png
    862 x 258 - 20K
  • gregoryhilldesigngregoryhilldesign Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

I did discover my particular problem with saving.... I had encountered this once before and forgot about it.

You don't seem to be able to save files to a folder with certain characters in the folder name. I don't remember the specific character in the folder name this time... but I believe it was "/". When I changed the folder name to just letters and/or numbers everything worked fine.

Odd quirk though!