Uberenvironment How to get?

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi, I want to get Uberenvironment, which apparently is free with the genesis essentials pack that I have in my account, but due to my limited internet tariff I'd rather not have to download the entire essentials starter pack in order to get the one thing I actually want.

Is it possible to download Uberenvironment just on its own?

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,512
    edited December 1969

if you don't install Starter Essentials you won't be able to use Genesis at all.

• edited December 1969

I'm unsure as to what you mean, are you saying that in order to use Uberenvironment I require the genesis essentials pack? Are you saying genesis is uberenvironment? I thought genesis was just some props, textures etc, isn't uberenvironment a lighting tool?

I prefer to collect props figures etc as and when I need them, at the moment I have no genesis products so not being able to use them isn't a concern.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Genesis Starter Essentials is a pack of free stuff which is given away with DS4.6.

It contains the Genesis figure, and clothing, which you cannot obtain anywhere else. This link will tell you exactly what is in the pack
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/14812/start.

Uberenvironment is part of it, these are Shader Based lights.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I'm unsure as to what you mean, are you saying that in order to use Uberenvironment I require the genesis essentials pack? Are you saying genesis is uberenvironment? I thought genesis was just some props, textures etc, isn't uberenvironment a lighting tool?

I prefer to collect props figures etc as and when I need them, at the moment I have no genesis products so not being able to use them isn't a concern.

Genesis is a unisex human figure which can be morphed into different characters. It's really the main 'feature' of the Genesis Starter Essentials pack, but in order to get the UberEnvironment shader lights you'll want to download the essentials pack because, as you noted, they are included with the set.

It's called the Starter Essentials because it gives you all of the ingredients needed to start rendering, including the lights.

• edited July 2013

I do not require the genesis figure, I have v4 and m4 and they are sufficient for my needs. I only want the uberenvironment product, I have no need for any of the other contents of the essentials pack. I don't know how to state that any more clearly

I only want the uberenvironment shader lights, and I only require the uberenvironment shader lights

Post edited by derekmccaughey2010_a63ad0a6ab on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,653
    edited December 1969

Installing Starter Essentials won't force you to use anything you don't want, but that's where the shader is I'm afraid.

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

What people are saying is that these lights are only available as part of the Genesis Starter Essentials, there is no separate download for just the shaders.

You can get the older UberEnvironment Light Shaders (http://www.daz3d.com/uberenvironment-light-shader) but those have been replaced with the free version in Daz Studio 4 and above.

Since the entire Genesis Starter Essentials pack is only 432.37 MB (+ an additional 6.86 MB if you need the extra Poser files) surely that won't have to adverse an impact on your bandwidth cap. If it is an issue I'm not sure how to resolve it for you, perhaps submit a support ticket to Daz and see if they can break it up for you?