It's Here! Sculptural Genesis Ultra Fun Kit [Commercial]

124»

Comments

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

Ok, it looks like a rogue UV Set reference got saved in there - Lamp Brass has the same problem. I think if you click "ok" it'll load fine, because it shouldn't be loading any UV anyway. Obviously that's just a workaround, not a real fix - I've updated the files to remove the bad ref and I'll get them into QA so they can release an update. In the mean time, please PM me with your email and I will send you the fixed files - or email me direct at marydell.40 at gmail.com if you prefer, just put "sculptural genesis" in the subject line. Anyone else having this problem, please do the same.

Thanks!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,199
    edited December 1969

I received the files and tried them. I no longer get the error. Thank you for fast service, canary3D.

edited December 1969

The official download has been updated with the corrected brass & glass shader files - FYI

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I'll make a point of downloading the new copies. Thank you for the quick fix.

edited December 1969

Canary3d said:
    The official download has been updated with the corrected brass & glass shader files - FYI

I just noticed that the latest version in the DIM installs a file "DAZ 3D.zip" in the data folder. I assume that is a mistake? the product seems to be working fine, though. Should I report this to DAZ, or can you take care of it?
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Canary3d said:

I just noticed that the latest version in the DIM installs a file "DAZ 3D.zip" in the data folder. I assume that is a mistake? the product seems to be working fine, though. Should I report this to DAZ, or can you take care of it?

Thanks, I'll let them know - that zip is unneccessary, it's a copy of the UV set that got sent to them separately as part of the submission process - not sure how it found its way into the install file as a separate zip, but it's not needed since the UV is sitting in its correct file location under data.

edited December 1969

Thanks, Ill just delete the zip.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Still having fun with this. Found out if you pair the UV from this with the Fabric-Crusader Linen (Cross) preset from the Supersuit you can get something that looks somewhat like tribal paint.

Fabric_CrusaderLinenCross.jpg
    800 x 800 - 80K
    edited December 1969

Oo, fun! Also keep in mind that you can choose the UV set on a per-material basis, so you can go back to a regular human UV on face/lips/hands/etc while keeping the Sculptural UV on the torso/hip/ etc - quick way to put a bodysuit on your character.

edited December 1969

Blue Porcelain Troll Lamp with Brass Accents
    You might also recognize the wallpaper. Thanks again for the fun product.

Troll_Lamp_Office_Glasses_PS.jpg
    1524 x 1453 - 1M
    edited December 1969

That looks awesome! I love the troll as a lamp :) - and that's exactly the kind of lighting I wanted to do but couldn't figure out how to do, for the lamp bulb & shade - I'm terrible at lighting so I'm glad to see it really does work the way I imagined it, with the bulb outline showing faintly thru the shade.

edited December 1969

I fiddled with the lighting for quite a while. I settled on Subsurface Shader on the bulb (with ambient for glow) and on the shade. I have an area light and 4 linear point lights inside the shade, surrounding the bulb. I also have UE for ambient light in the room. Glad you like it.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

It must get pretty heavy, but the stone material looks pretty bad ass on ADP's headdress.
    http://www.ShareCG.com/v/51960/view/11/Poser/Fantasy-Headpiece-Epiphany

Headdress_stone.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 289K
    edited December 1969

I found an update in the DIM. Has something changed?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I found an update in the DIM. Has something changed?

Just removing an excess file, no substantive change

edited December 1969

Thanks. Do you download everything and compare all the files to figure these updates out? I wish DAZ would always update readme files when they publish an update.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Thanks. Do you download everything and compare all the files to figure these updates out? I wish DAZ would always update readme files when they publish an update.

Yeah, I'm kind of OCD about updates.

edited December 1969

barbult said:

Yeah, I'm kind of OCD about updates.
    Well, thanks! We all benefit from your investigation.