free Genesis2 hair updates for Gia, Qamra and Yolande hairs

AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
edited June 2013 in Freebies

Free updates to Genesis1 hairs Gia, Qamra and Yolande for Genesis2 should be in your product library or DIM accounts.
Also coming next month, free updates from genesis1 to genesis2 - Evan, Jordan and Nye.

I'm also working through my older Mil3&4 hairs version 2 upgrades for Genesis1&2. Discount for version 1 buyers :') (Not necessary to buy if you are fine with manual or autofit of course lol ;') )

Post edited by AprilYSH on

Comments

• ariocharioch Posts: 165
    edited December 1969

Hi April! I was wondering if you could possibly update your Xylia Double French Braids for G1 and/or G2? It's the best looking French braids hair I've found and I would really like to use it for the "modern" models. Thanks!

http://www.daz3d.com/xylia-double-french-braids

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the update to Gia! I downloaded it and tried it out. Works great.

Genesis_2_Gia_hair.jpg
    800 x 917 - 528K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Thank you for this, AprilYSH! :)

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

AprilYSH said:

I'm also working through my older Mil3&4 hairs version 2 upgrades for Genesis1&2. Discount for version 1 buyers :') (Not necessary to buy if you are fine with manual or autofit of course lol ;') )

Oooh! Would the Vayne braid by any chance be on that list? One can't autofit it without losing the extra bones, and for some reason I've had trouble with it when it's manually fit -- it causes Studio to crash (no, I have no idea how this works either.) And it's my favorite braid.

I own a bunch of your stuff and will probably upgrade whatever I have -- it's some of the best hair out there -- but, you know, consider Vayne requested. *grin*

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thank you April!

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Very kind of you to make these new character fits available for G2F and for free to boot. Thanks!

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited June 2013

Wonderful news! What a pity my library doesn't have Gia or Jordan or whatever :P. If you have a contact with PAs, could you possibly request updates for SallyMae, Duke, WildMane, Aldora nad Elleth please? Also, I believe it would be fine if the update was available elsewhere too since it is free. That would be a wonderful help for my forgetful pal (didn't I tell her to memorize the password well? With a new e-mail, she has nowhere to go, poor thing) :D.

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

AprilYSH said:
    Free updates to Genesis1 hairs Gia, Qamra and Yolande for Genesis2 should be in your product library or DIM accounts.
    Wow, that's very kind of you! Gia is one of my favorites, and I expect I'll pick up one or both of the others at some point...

Also coming next month, free updates from genesis1 to genesis2 - Evan, Jordan and Nye.

Intriguing...

I'd like to add my voice to those who have requested Genesis-compatible braids, either updates to existing products, or new products...

(Slightly off-topic, but for those who would like to try manually adjusting older hair for use with newer figures--or vice versa--there's some information on that in my hair tutorial, linked in my signature)

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Yolande is my favourite hair EVER, so thank you April!!

Any chance of either an update OR a new release of a Gen2 for the Calais hair? (my SECOND favourite hair ever!) :D

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited June 2013

arioch - I guess this should answer your question about Xylia :')
    http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2013/special/06-26april/06-26april.html

barbult, great to see you're getting use out of it! :')

Simon, Kerya, cwichura, Scott more than welcome! :')

katfeete, Vayne is on my list but a bit further down because it may be more difficult...

Cecilia, Gen2 is big news to all PAs, I'm sure the modellers of those other hairs are aware and more than likely buried in refitting AND completely new and cool models for Gen1&2 ;')

Scott - will be cherry picking your tute for any tips that might make this tedious process easier. Should have found it sooner! lol

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited June 2013

Jaki, Thanks!! Yep, Calais on the "version 2s" list! :')) (bit more difficult with the neck ruff and the character included as well but will get there before v7 i hope lmao )

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

AprilYSH said:
    Jaki, Thanks!! Yep, Calais on the "version 2s" list! :')) (bit more difficult with the neck ruff and the character included as well but will get there before v7 i hope lmao )

oh my, the neck ruff! that would be AWESOME to see on Gen 2. And Calais is just the freakiest most unusual hair and you know how much I love stuff like that. LOL. I'm not too worried if the character doesn't get updated for Gen2, but the hair and the ruff...omg I'm getting excited.

• ariocharioch Posts: 165
    edited December 1969

AprilYSH said:
    arioch - I guess this should answer your question about Xylia :')
    http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2013/special/06-26april/06-26april.html

When I checked my email this morning and saw you were the feature at the top of the Daz email, the FIRST thing I looked for was a possible update to Xylia. Sure enough, there it was! You're the best, April. Thank you!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the sale!!!!
    Getting updates now for my older hairs!

Question:
    Supported Genesis Shapes:
    Gia
    Where do I find Gia???
    I have the hair, but it doesn't say something about coming with a morph??? I read the product page, the Readme page, the file list ...
    (I've got Gia hair since a long time, but I

2. question:
    will there be a chance of a V4 version of Udane Hair???

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

AprilYSH said:

katfeete, Vayne is on my list but a bit further down because it may be more difficult...

No worries, I am patient (well, sometimes *grin*) But now I can stop breaking my brain over what's making it not work in the new DAZ and just wait for a fix. Thank you muchly!

edited June 2013

AprilYSH said:

Scott - will be cherry picking your tute for any tips that might make this tedious process easier. Should have found it sooner! lol

My tutorial is less about conversions and more about just getting the hair to look OK on an incompatible figure...however the RAMWolff method may be more useful to you, especially for conversion from prop hair to Genesis-compatible figure. Some of the hairstyles he tried it on were yours. I link to it in my tut but here's a direct link too. I hope you find some useful information in my tutorial, too, but I'd be surprised if you didn't already know most (or all) of it!

Good to see some new versions of your older hair hitting the store. I know it's extra work to support various figures from different generations...but we customers really appreciate it!

Edited to add: Congratulations on ten years at DAZ!

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited June 2013

Kerya said:
    Question:
    Supported Genesis Shapes:
    Gia
    Where do I find Gia???

The impression I have from the various readmes/etc that mention Gia is that Gia might have been the internal code name for G2Fbase. That's purely speculation on my part, however.
    Post edited by cwichura on
    edited June 2013

Hello AprilYSH, thanks for the lovely discount. I am having really hard time now, because I have been longing for your French Braids for weeks and I'm seriously considering getting the new version (I don't know if it's intended, but the new version supports both Genesis and Gen2, yet it's a bit cheaper than the previous one; that would be lovely though). Yet I have a serious question: I was browsing your shop and I saw Cuffed Tail 2 was bearing 88% discount (the price was $1,99). That made the deal and I decided to get wild and buy it alongside Xylia. But then the price mysteriously changed into $16,95 again! What's going on I wonder?

By the way, I hope you don't mind me posting a journal on DA to notify other DAZoholics of your celebration: http://arlesienne.deviantart.com/journal/Congratulations-for-10-years-on-board-for-AprilYSH-380551299. I'd also appreciate some advice for the pal I mentioned in my previous post. Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

Moreover, 3D-Wishlist.com one of DAZ members made is showing Philly Hair for Genesis and $1,99 also. Something's definitely fishy. Not that I have something against Platinum Club prices, I took advantage of Live Like Platinum myself (grabbed a few things I couldn't before), but I don't want to do something I'm not intended to.

edited June 2013

Cecilia, I think I may know what's going on with your pricing issues...according to your forum profile you are not currently listed as a Platinum Club member. If you believe you should be one, then you should submit a support ticket and ask Customer Support to fix it. Were you issued store credit recently? There's a bug that sometimes causes the PC benefits to go away when store credit is issued. It's annoying, but customer support should take care of it for you if that is the case.

If you aren't a Platinum Club member, then I'm not sure why you temporarily saw the $1.99 price.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited June 2013

No, I don't have the membership. That's why it's so suspicious. I think I'm going to check the exchange rate for US dollar and make up my mind at once.

edited December 1969

Just some kind of glitch then, I guess...

Based on previous experience, it might be that the price is actually set incorrectly, but it's probably more likely that it's just displaying incorrectly (and you wouldn't have been able to buy it for $1.99 anyway).

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Awesome, looking forward to this. Hoping Caleb and Amarseda get updates. Also, will any of your freebie hairs like Mitch be getting updated too? Out of curiosity, for hairs that haven't been updated/re-released yet, would it be possible to offer suggestions/critiques for the new version?

edited December 1969

Just some kind of glitch then, I guess...

Based on previous experience, it might be that the price is actually set incorrectly, but it's probably more likely that it's just displaying incorrectly (and you wouldn't have been able to buy it for $1.99 anyway).

Yes, I think it was a glitch. But then there must be more glitches like this, as other stuff - take that Philly Hair - do the same nasty trick.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much April. I just love your stuff! XO

edited December 1969

AprilYSH, thank you so much again. I grabbed your Xylia and Harlow - they're brilliant. Can we "request" (meaning suggest) your other hairstyles to be converted too please?

On another thing: I made my first textures. And they're for Xylia... :) A total twenty of them, could you consider taking a look at them to point me what should be fixed first please? It's also open to the others who have Xylia 2. Thanks in advance.