Genesis 1 Hair

ZenrelZenrel Posts: 245
edited December 1969 in New Users

Would Gen1 hair be compatible with Gen2/v6?

Ever since I returned V5 pro suite, I kinda regret doing it (since the price went back up to full price), but that is the risk I took and I missed having the V5 elite ponytail. $30 just for that ponytail is outrages. So, I was looking at Stalker Girl Hair and I wonder if that could work with the new gen figures. If it can, is there any other ponytail hairstyles that's available?

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited June 2013

Wait a bit. There's another round of big sales coming up in a few months, there's a pretty good chance the Elite Ponytail will get another deep discount then.

Unless it (or another bundle it's in) pops up in a Fastgrab before that...

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Pure Hair Timeless is pretty cool, too. I use it often and it costs less than Elite Ponytail.

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

I agree with Slosh. I much prefer PH Timeless to the V5 ponytail. In fact I like pretty much all of Valen's Pure Hair series and those tend to be my goto hair.

• ZenrelZenrel Posts: 245
    edited June 2013

I was looking at Valea's hair selection not long ago and I think I found the style I like! Can these hair fit on the gen2/v6 without any major problems since most of them fit in V4 ect.?

Post edited by Zenrel on
    edited June 2013

I was looking at Valea's hair selection not long ago and I think I found the style I like! Can these hair fit on the gen2/v6 without any major problems since most of them fit in V4 ect.?

Seems to work fine for me but the ones I have are the more recent.

I'm pretty sure I have most of the PH for Genesis so if there is a specific style you'd like me to test I'd be glad to.

Here's PH Timeless autofitted to G2F (I don't have V6) and no other adjustments. No lighting or camera either so take that into consideration.

PHClassic.png
    1280 x 1280 - 1M
    Post edited by Sisca on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

I have 20 of the Pure Hair collection, and I have V6. I would think with it fitting Genesis 2, it would work on V6 the same way. I hope so! I can't do it right now, but when I do product reviews in my art studio thread I'll do some of these for you. (Busy doing something else at the moment.)

edited December 1969

Hate to break this to ya, but in November, that hair was $6.29 when I bought it. So yep, wait for a sale.

edited June 2013

Thanks all for the reply! I will most definitely get the PH collection :)

There's one hair I was looking at that's not part of PH which is Forest Princess Hair from Valea that's only for V4, A4 and G4. Do you think this will work still? I read posts of the V4 compatibility problem. http://www.daz3d.com/forest-princess-hair

@Novica. That would be fantastic if you have time! :)

Post edited by Zenrel on
    edited December 1969

Happy to do it. Will start on it tonight or tomorrow (it's going on 1am here in Pensacola.) I don't have that last hair you asked about so can't help on that one.

edited December 1969

Thanks all for the reply! I will most definitely get the PH collection :)

There's one hair I was looking at that's not part of PH which is Forest Princess Hair from Valea that's only for V4, A4 and G4. Do you think this will work still? I read posts of the V4 compatibility problem. http://www.daz3d.com/forest-princess-hair

@Novica. That would be fantastic if you have time! :)

I don't have the Forest Princess hair but I'll dig through and see if I have any V4 specific hair and try it out.

In theory it should work, especially if you spring for the V4 to G2F product to get the autofits for V4. Otherwise you could autofit it to Genesis 1 then save it and autofit the Genesis 1 version to Genesis 2.

edited December 1969

Okay, I wanted to get my V6 character (for product reviews) done first- you can meet Chiara who is sporting the Fashion Hair for V6- then I put it on my V5 character Cassini. Now I'm diving into the hairs (doing the Pure Hair series and others) with both the V5 and V6. I then did the Charm Hair (for V6) and reviewed it for V5 using Cassini.

Currently being rendered: Cassini (V5) and Chiara (V6) in the same render, both with Pure Hair: Space For Genesis. The render may take an hour, but just want people to be aware that these reviews/trials are being rendered. If you have any of these V5 styles that you have put on V6 or the Genesis 2 figure, feel free to participate in the thread! Here ya go- (but be patient- these are all highest quality setting 3Delight so they take 45 minutes or MORE to render.)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19756/P510/#360919

edited December 1969

Thanks! I'll be looking forward to see your renders :)

edited December 1969

Victoria 5 Elite Ponytail Hair

http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-5-elite-ponytail

Hope you've been following the thread- did quite a few Pure Hair reviews (Genesis hair) putting them on Genesis 2.
    Then I JUST did the V5 ponytail- wow- you'll have to see the surprise results.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19756/P525/#364314

edited December 1969

Haha that's pretty hilarious! And all your other renders looks amazing! *smile*

edited December 1969

Novica, is your test figure based on a stock G2F or did you start with a V6? I'm not seeing that issue with the hair on the base G2F and I don't have V6 to test with.

edited December 1969

dang it, I answered and closed before I hit post.
    It is a V6 character, but the problem was the Edge Interpolation had been changed to smooth smooth from sharp sharp. Won't do that again with hair! Someone else mentioned it did that to them on the Nordic Hair- going to smooth will thin the hair, or as we saw, make it go poof. I started a render and moved the hair up to the top of the viewport so it would come in first, and sure enough, the hair strands are there and it is not that awful bleached blonde. So don't change the Edge Interpolation. The V5 Ponytail Hair for Genesis DOES WORK on Genesis 2.

*My art studio thread shows the post where the hair worked- thank you Cayman! See signature for link.

edited December 1969

Okay, now that I have the interpolation set back to sharp / sharp and not smooth / smooth, my Chiara is now sporting the V5 Ponytail Hair. I felt I owed it to her to do it so she wouldn't run around with that skullcap. I think she's gorgeous but then again, I waited for her for SIXTEEN HOURS to render! Be sure to click and enlarge and click again- look at the details. Love this hair!

chiaraV5Ponytail.jpg
    1700 x 1500 - 815K
    edited December 1969

Probably that's why it's so pricey haha.