* Closed * RRRR summer contest - With prizes!!

TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
edited August 2013 in The Commons

Introducing RRRR summer 2013
Now you will wish it will rain all summer!
RRRR (Random Runtime Roulette Renders) summer 2013 is here to lighten up your summer, at least most of it. Forget beach 2013, this is the real deal. This time it's no themes involved, just be fun and have fun, but as always, there is a string attached, real below to find out what.

Who can play?

Anyone can play!

How do you prepare yourself for play?

The rules are very simple, but first you need to have all your items in some kind of order in a text file, dumped from the itemized history into a text file or a spread sheet. Remove things like software, gift certs, and special plugins from the list.
Then you use a randomizer to randomly pick 4 items from your list (your Runtime). You can use items from any store.

Now you can start, you can enter up to 20 (yes, you read it right, twenty times), but beware, this is where the string is attached. For the first six entries, you pick your four items, then it starts to become more and more difficult. below is a list that shows how many items you need for each entry.

Entry 1-6: 4 items
Entry 7-8: 5 items
Entry 9-10: 6 items
Entry 11-12: 7 items
Entry 13-14: 8 items
Entry 15-16: 9 items
Entry 17-18: 10 items
Entry 19-20: 11 items

Lucky bastards rule: If you were among the lucky bastards that won a prize in the last RRRR, you’re so fortunate that you need to pull one extra item, yes that’s right, an extra item. If you did win two prizes last RRRR, you have to pick two extra items in this round. These are added on top of the item count directed by the entry number.

Randomizer that works well: Random Org
Randomizer where you get all numbers in one draw: www.psychicscience.org/random.aspx

There are some situations where you allowed to redraw, these are:

- You picked something that doesn’t work, broken thing, only works in a version / software not used etc etc.

- You picked a software or add-on to a software or anything you should have filtered out from the list.

- You picked only huge environment props and will not be able to render a scene without crashing.

- You picked an item you already have been using in two RRRR renders in this content and that was picked randomly. Three is a curse - rule!

Bundles

If you pull a bundle, use two three complete items from it, or more if you like, but you do not need to use all, but only picking a hairpin from V4 Complete Bundle is “too little”. Clarification: A bundle still counts as only one pulled item.

The rules of madness!

Now you have successfully picked your items, make a scene, you can add other items as well but the one you picked should be prominent or cleverly used. Render it, post it and make us all laugh! Remember though that the renders must follow the TOS of the forum.

Contest duration!
It stats now, and will go on until Sunday August 4 23:59:59 DAZ local time. The RRRR will bring you over two months brain frying madness.

Yes, we have prizes, thanks to our sponsors!

This months sponsors so far:

FirstBastion: Item from his store to the grand prize winner.
ART Collabprations: $10 DAZ GC for each category winner.
Jaderail: $100 DAZ GC to the prize pool.

Any sponsors are welcome to add to the prize pool, just PM me.

Post entries here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22664/

Mini Contest #1 Weather or Not entries here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/22886/

Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Ooh, I am so in!

Totte said:

Lucky bastards rule: If you were among the lucky bastards that won a prize in the last RRRR, you’re so fortunate that you need to pull one extra item, yes that’s right, an extra item. If you did win two prizes last RRRR, you have to pick two extra items in this round. These are added on top of the item count directed by the entry number.

I suppose we should be grateful that the Lucky Bastard rule doesn't factor in where we placed in the last RRRR! (Oh, my god, I'm giving him ideas! Forget I said that! I didn't say anything! It wasn't me! It was..., my Evil Twin Kevin! Yeah, that's the ticket...!)

First with a pull, eh? Cool! And here it is....

210 - Briana Culaith
    1799 - Sublime Beauties
    1403 - Old Cemetery
    1868 - The Alchemy Chasm
    And the LB "Bonus" pull:
    564 - Dystopian Weapon Cache 1

You know, this actually looks do-able. The two scenes might be a bit of a hassle, but stil....

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited May 2013

Ooh, I am so in!

Totte said:

I suppose we should be grateful that the Lucky Bastard rule doesn't factor in where we placed in the last RRRR! (Oh, my god, I'm giving him ideas! Forget I said that! I didn't say anything! It wasn't me! It was..., my Evil Twin Kevin! Yeah, that's the ticket...!)

210 - Briana Culaith
    1799 - Sublime Beauties
    1403 - Old Cemetery
    1868 - The Alchemy Chasm
    And the LB "Bonus" pull:

You know, this actually looks do-able. The two scenes might be a bit of a hassle, but stil....

So, Lucky Bastard Ken, will you do 20?

("over two months brain frying madness" That will do wonders for me. ;-P )

My first pull:
    Aged for M4
    Derelict Cottage (Poser Direct)
    Riley for S5
    Medieval Barn

Post edited by luci45 on
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:

So, Lucky Bastard Ken, will you do 20?

("over two months brain frying madness" That will do wonders for me. ;-P )

I'm certainly gonna to try my darndest! It's almost, like, a dare, or something!

(And speaking of which - my first entry is rendering, even as we speak!)

• warmbloodwarmblood Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

This looks like it will be lots of fun. I don't know how I'll have time--I usually can only fit in 1 or 2, but I'm going to shoot for the stars--20 renders (plus a Lucky Bastard extra pick to slow me down.)

But first I had to enter Draagonstorm's birthday contest. Mine is the only entry so far, but there's still about week to go, so you'd better all skedaddle over there.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
    edited December 1969

OK, here is my first pull:

#3272 Troglodyte Curly Horns
    #586 Tail Gunner V3
    #1968 L Italianos for M4 Zoot Suit(Rendo)
    #2285 Niara for Victoria 5
    And the Lucky bastard bonus pulls:
    #581 Summerwear For Genesis
    #2615 Relic Hunter - Digger James & Eagle Eye Donovan (bundle)

Six pulls and not a single environment, then I now I'll get four4 in the next pull, but characters (2) and clothes (4).

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Pull #1

387 - Dystopian Weapons Cache 1
    354 - HLA Book
    380 - V4 Elite Body Shapes
    366 - Smartphone and Tablet

Odd number clustering... Shouldn't be too hard to come up with an interesting idea for that group, though.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

*Laughs hysterically* this will be fun

First pull:

74 - Vandalized Tube Station
    64 - Ravens Watch for Night Guard
    21 - Dystopia Kruger Mk 15
    50 - Millenium Big Cat LE

on another note, I assume shaders isn't part of the items so to say? I realized when I checked the numbers that I hadn't taken away my Velvet shaders from the list, thankfully I draw that number :)

edited December 1969

*Laughs hysterically* this will be fun

First pull:

74 - Vandalized Tube Station
    64 - Ravens Watch for Night Guard
    21 - Dystopia Kruger Mk 15
    50 - Millenium Big Cat LE

on another note, I assume shaders isn't part of the items so to say? I realized when I checked the numbers that I hadn't taken away my Velvet shaders from the list, thankfully I draw that number :)

You can have shaders on the list but if you pull them you ned to use them, and you can use more items than you pulled of course. You can always look for the last winners thread to get an idea of how things are done.

edited December 1969

I might use them on this one cosnidering my quite serious typo up in my earlier post... *laughs* I actualyl did Not draw the number for them, but realised they were still on the list when I checked the numbers I did draw (if that made any sense= I just ended up making a very serious typo... so they will def be used *grins*

And I will be checking around on the other winners too, just to see what it has looked like before :)

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 1969

Two months of brain frying madness? Count me in! :lol:

Here's my first pull: (although I have to work all weekend starting tonight, so as usual it'll take me a while to do this)

251 Demonika
    1281 Unicycle Bob
    103 All Time Hair
    895 The Forest Whispers

At least there's some variety to this...

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I might use them on this one cosnidering my quite serious typo up in my earlier post... *laughs* I actualyl did Not draw the number for them, but realised they were still on the list when I checked the numbers I did draw (if that made any sense= I just ended up making a very serious typo... so they will def be used *grins*

And I will be checking around on the other winners too, just to see what it has looked like before :)

Now you've got me wondering what the Millennium Big Cat would look like in velvet... :lol:
    edited December 1969

Oh, by the way, Totte, do we have an 'Entries Only' thread for this go-round?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Evil Blue now BALD Moderator has edited one little thing about the Summer game. See if you can spot it. I also reserve the right to toss the very first RRRR Mini contest with prize at you nice folks at some random time.

May the Gods of Random be with you.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    The Evil Blue now BALD Moderator has edited one little thing about the Summer game. See if you can spot it. I also reserve the right to toss the very first RRRR Mini contest with prize at you nice folks at some random time.

Whoa! Holy crap!

edited December 1969

210 - Briana Culaith
    1799 - Sublime Beauties
    1403 - Old Cemetery
    1868 - The Alchemy Chasm
    And the LB "Bonus" pull:

And here it is....

Also Used:
    DMR Briana (sword)
    Briana's Temple (her pose)
    Diamond Hair
    Earane Outfit for V4
    Sacred Groove for Earane (textures)
    David 3 (x2)
    Stephanie 3 Petite
    MFD for Stephanie Petite (believe it or not!)
    Steampunk Cowboy for David
    Hell-Bent for Leather (textures for Steampunk Cowboy)
    Laques Hair
    Undead for David and Stephanie Petite

A couple of asides:
    1) I noticed after the scene rendered that there are a couple of 'artifacts' in Briana's skin texture. Let's just call 'em tan-lines!
    2) I don't know why they called these morphs 'Sublime Beauties' - every one of those broads has a butt you could serve tea on! And talk about your 'Thunder-Thighs'...! Whoa! (That's why I replaced parts of Briana's Culaith with the Earane Outfit; Freddy Mercury's paean to them notwithstanding, 'Fat-Bottomed Girls' most definitely should not wear thongs. Aieeee!)

TAG: obanion#01

Title: "Step Aside, Little Lady, I'll Handle This!"
    Briana couldn't decide who she wanted to kill more - the approaching zombies, or this condescending cowboy! (But she had to admit that the size of his "gun" was... rather impressive!)

RRRR_Summer2013_01.png
    800 x 600 - 646K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,131
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

$100!!!!! Ken did that one time. Very impressive. That should get reluctant renderers moving.
    edited December 1969

Since I'm determined to get in the full 20, there's no time to waste! So here we go with Pull #2:

1140 - M4 Elite Genitalia
    Um, I don't think so! I'm going to assume that this is one of those situations where a redraw is not only permissible, but pretty much obligatory...! So..., Take Two!

486 - DMR Moon Cult
    914 - Holiday Decorations
    1624 - Sam for V4
    66 - Air Car Jumper
    And the LB Pull...
    1594 - Rockin' Casual

Well this could get interesting...!

edited December 1969

Oh, by the way, Totte, do we have an 'Entries Only' thread for this go-round?

Now we have!
    edited December 1969

Nice one Ken, off to a graet start I see!
    And very generous Jaderail!

edited May 2013

Right.. this was fun, I was giggling all the time I was doing this picture… specially since I could imagine his thoughts “I know those beasts is here somehwere, they will be in for a surprise when I see them….”

TAG: Carola#1

Velvety Lions

* 74 - Vandalized Tube Station

* 64 - Ravens Watch for Night Guard

* 21 - Dystopia Kruger Mk 15

* 50 - Millenium Big Cat LE

Due to typo on the RRRR thread, I also used Velvety Goodness

and on top of that I added :

* Genesis with Brennan skin, Kenny body and eyes

* cap from Mean street for Genesis

Now you’ve got me wondering what the Millennium Big Cat would look like in velvet…

This is how the lionesses looks in velvet

Hadn't noticed the thread for entries... *blush*

Btw Totte, is it allright to put this picture in other threads/places too?

/C

rrrrsummer2013_pull1.png
    950 x 760 - 944K
    Post edited by Carola O on
    edited December 1969

Btw Totte, is it allright to put this picture in other threads/places too?
    /C

Yes!

And don't forget to post it in the entries thread (link in first post), with a tag and a number, like Carola#1 in your case (or if you want a better tag).

• warmbloodwarmblood Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Whoa, Jaderail! That is evil.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

Ooh, goody, another RRRR! My first pull:
    873 = Denver Hair
    803 = Trey for M4
    572 = Morphing Fantasy Dress Unimesh Fits (Includes MFD for Genesis)
    729 = Defiant for Genesis
    Well, nothing very taxing there, I guess (makes a nice change)

edited December 1969

Second pull :

Pull 2 :

* 71 - The Spire

* 38 - Lisa B's Forget-Me-Not

* 63 - Raiver for V4

* 60 - Priestess for genesis Female

A couple of ideas already spawning *grins*

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I've never done one of these, but I'm willing to give it a go since I saw it will be going for a few months. I do have one question though, can purchases from other vendors be included in our lists? I have things from Rendo and RDNA as well.

edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    I've never done one of these, but I'm willing to give it a go since I saw it will be going for a few months. I do have one question though, can purchases from other vendors be included in our lists? I have things from Rendo and RDNA as well.

The opening posts clearly states "You can use items from any store.", you can even use freebees if you out them into your randomizer list.
    edited May 2013

I think I have a problem *pouts* I have osmething called The Spire DS on my list, and did pull that one. I wrote it as only The Spire here in the thread as I sort of assumed DS stood for Daz. I do have the spire ds in my studio, but first when I clicked it it required me to have osmething targeted and that kind put me to a loss, as I can't seem to find what it belongs too *blushes*

anyone has an idea? It came with the Monster Bundle 1 (not the sci-fi one)

Edit - I think I might have figured it out.. if I actually read properly I might have saved myself some headache *laughs* Sorry guys :)

Post edited by Carola O on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited May 2013

Well, I feel silly. I read the entire post and missed that. /sigh lol thanks.

Totte said:
    Vaskania said:

The opening posts clearly states "You can use items from any store.", you can even use freebees if you out them into your randomizer list.

@Carola http://www.daz3d.com/the-spire

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Since I'm determined to get in the full 20, there's no time to waste! So here we go with Pull #2:

1140 - M4 Elite Genitalia
    Um, I don't think so! I'm going to assume that this is one of those situations where a redraw is not only permissible, but pretty much obligatory...! So..., Take Two!

486 - DMR Moon Cult
    914 - Holiday Decorations
    1624 - Sam for V4
    66 - Air Car Jumper
    And the LB Pull...
    1594 - Rockin' Casual

Well this could get interesting...!

And it did.

This one got a bit dicey - those Holiday Decorations are some seriously high-poly figures (especially the wreaths!) One version of this scene actually caused Poser to crash! (And not just Poser, either; the whole damn machine went T.U. on me. Twice.) I finally ended up pulling the whole scene into DAZ Studio for rendering, and that ultimately saved my butt.

Also Used:
    Flexy Hair (a Renderosity Freebie by Bice and OutOfTouch)
    Felinicity for V4
    DeRoca Hair
    Drama Queen Drama
    Holiday Accessories
    David 3
    Egyptian Knight for David
    Michael 3
    Pharaohs of the Sun for M3
    Thutmosis texture for PotS
    Teddy Bear (a ShareCG Freebie by Dreaming Monkey Studios)
    On a Certain Night (cyclorama environment - rendered independently, image used as background)

TAG: obanion#02

Title: Have Yourself a Merry Little Beltane...
    "Take. It. Down! All of it! Exactly what part of 'Cult' are you having a hard time wrapping your head around, anyway?"
    (And to any Wiccans out there: Yeah, I know I have the Sabbat wrong, but 'Yule' was just so..., pedestrian!)

RRRR_Summer2013_02.jpg
    800 x 600 - 372K
    edited May 2013

this is what I came up with for my second pull :)

TAG: Carola#2

Pregnant lady with her bodyguard

* 71 - The Spire DS

* 38 - Lisa B's Forget-Me-Not

* 63 - Raiver for V4

* 60 - Priestess for genesis female

Also used :

V4 with Hi Pony hair

Basic female with Jaguar hair

Flipmodes Skybox from Greenlands

RRRRsummer2013pull2.png
    1200 x 675 - 2M