Return from long hiatus

scathascatha Posts: 756
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Well now, this was a rather frustrating time, ending up in hospital again with another set of heart problems (lost one of the 4 bypasses and heart capacity diminished to 70% in the process), only to return home later and switching on my computer. Whilst browsing what all I had missed, downloading a lot of freebies, the cooler broke off the mainboard, frying the processor with it.... >:(

Thank heavens I still have this linux box.... but can't run DS on it.

Dunno how I am going to get this fixed, as I am now on benefits and stuck at home, but we'll see how things go.

I did however resume my Admin work at Artraiders.com and started catching up again.
Hope to talk to some of you soon, good to be back, despite the health issues.

:ahhh: So much stuff for free from the generous people at the freepository and ShareCG... my poor little external drive....

Comments

• Teresa TylloTeresa Tyllo Posts: 141
    edited May 2013

Hi my friend,
    I haven't heard from you for a while but your post explained a lot... I hope you feel better now even with broken puter.
    Broken puters can be repaired but with the health it's not so easy. Wishing you the best, John, and I'm sending many warm greetings your way! And hugs too.
    Stay cool, hon! :)

thebestJohn.png
    336 x 336 - 178K
    Post edited by Teresa Tyllo on
  • K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

I don't know you much but I do sympathize with what you had to go through. Physical illness certainly sucks. I hope you get well soon.

Try some Yoga or meditation. Supposed to be highly beneficial to the body without causing undue physical strain. ;-)

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Many thanks Teresa. :) *hug back* You always manage to cheer me up a bit.

Ong, Yoga is out of the question and meditation I have done since I was in my late teens and early twenties.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Glad to see you back here on the forums.

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Thanks Cho :)

• hal1hal1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

hi john,

glad to see you back :)