Reversed JCMs?

AdashAdash Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi there.

I'm likely missing something obvious here, but I'm trying to rig up muscle deformtions to my characters' joints using JCMs. Things like the bicep flex are working fine. I'm adding the bicepflex to the forearm bend axis as a subcomponent as a DeltaAdd with a value of about
-0.020000 and it's working well. However, the Tricep needs to work in reverse so that it is full-on when the arm is straight, and decreases as the arm is bent.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Many thanks

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited June 2012

You'd need a hidden channel set to 1 permanently Link the triceps morph to that (at +1) and to the bend parameter at -whatever. That way, when the arm is straight the input will be 1 - 0 = 1, and when bent it will be 1 - max * -whatever = 0. Some characters wil already have a hidden channel set to 1, in which case use that - since it's a constant you don't need a separate one for each morph you want to do this to.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • AdashAdash Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You'd need a hidden channel set to 1 permanently Link the triceps morph to that (at +1) and to the bend parameter at -whatever. That way, when the arm is straight the input will be 1 - 0 = 1, and when bent it will be 1 - max * -whatever = 0. Some characters wil already have a hidden channel set to 1, in which case use that - since it's a constant you don't need a separate one for each morph you want to do this to.

Awesome. Than'ks for such a speedy response!

I'll try it out.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

There are also many tutorials in our Document Center. We have been working hard to update the tutorials for creating content. You can find the information here: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/publishing/start

This should be a great help.