OT: Kitten Pics....

ryverthornryverthorn Posts: 200
edited December 1969 in The Commons

A few people have asked to see pics of my new kittens so I thought I'd make a new post to show them :)

The fuzzy one's name is Khaleesi and the smaller one is Sookie. They're both tabby/siamese mix and adopted from our local animal shelter.

Sleeping.jpg
1510 x 972 - 905K
Sookie02.jpg
1035 x 776 - 565K
Sookie01.jpg
1552 x 1818 - 1M
Khaleesi03.jpg
864 x 1185 - 853K
Khaleesi02.jpg
1776 x 1350 - 1M

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,942
    edited December 1969

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :coolsmile:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Oh they are so sweet. Are they always so laid back, Mine were quite lively from the moment they arrived. I guess they were just happy to have got a new home.

• ryverthornryverthorn Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

They run through the house like a hurricane! I think they are fairly well adjusted already. We only adopted them a week ago :)

Oh and I don't think it's visible in the pictures but Sookie is a polydactyl and looks like she has little mittens on ... so cute (we call her Terror-dactyl) lol

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Oh they are adorable.

edited December 1969

They run through the house like a hurricane! I think they are fairly well adjusted already. We only adopted them a week ago :)

Oh and I don't think it's visible in the pictures but Sookie is a polydactyl and looks like she has little mittens on ... so cute (we call her Terror-dactyl) lol

LOL Mine get called a few names sometimes as well. We adopted them about 15 months ago, and they are just starting to calm down a little. They were just turned 6 months when we got them, so teenage tearaway cats really. lol

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,481
    edited April 2013

I called ours a few choice words the other day when I realized they tore open the bag of paper towels and decided to shred some up.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

The pics want me to go get another kitten since our baby has gotten so big already. She's just over a year old and weighs around 150 lbs. Of course I'm kidding, I think she's just under 100 lbs. They grow up so fast.

edited December 1969

We lost our orange tabby last Sept and the whole family was heartbroken. We wanted to let enough time pass between his passing and getting any new pets. :)

That and they were a birthday present :)

edited April 2013

Ledhead said:
    The pics want me to go get another kitten since our baby has gotten so big already. She's just over a year old and weighs around 150 lbs. Of course I'm kidding, I think she's just under 100 lbs. They grow up so fast.

What on earth sort of cat have you got, A Leopard?, a Lion? or a Cheetah? Wanna see a photo of that kitty.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Ledhead said:

What on earth sort of cat have you got, A Leopard?, a Lion? or a Cheetah? Wanna see a photo of that kitty.

Okay, maybe I should have said she feels like she weighs 100lbs when I pick her up. She is getting big though. Much bigger than our other cat that's 4 1/2 yrs old. I'll post a pic in a bit. I gotta get one of them off of my phone or more than likely take another one since she has gotten so fat. She is active as hell too, so I have no idea why her belly is getting so big.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,942
    edited December 1969

is she desexed?

edited December 1969

is she desexed?

Yes she has been spayed, so no she is not preggies, thankfully. She isn't allowed outside without our supervision.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Okay, maybe I should have said she feels like she weighs 100lbs when I pick her up.

It's a little known fact that all cats have the ability of Variable Gravity. Most often used to make a scampering kitten sound like a herd of rampaging elephants, or when sleeping on their pet human's head.
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Okay, maybe I should have said she feels like she weighs 100lbs when I pick her up.

It's a little known fact that all cats have the ability of Variable Gravity. Most often used to make a scampering kitten sound like a herd of rampaging elephants, or when sleeping on their pet human's head.

Isn't that the truth. When our cats are chasing each other and I'm downstairs (well, I'm always downstairs), it sounds like someone let the dogs in the house and they are chasing the cats.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Ledhead said:

Isn't that the truth. When our cats are chasing each other and I'm downstairs (well, I'm always downstairs), it sounds like someone let the dogs in the house and they are chasing the cats.

Oh tell me about it. We now live in a small cottage, and downstairs has been converted to open plan. My desk is pushed under the stairs, as it made a convenient cubby hole. Stairs are wooden, cats love stairs. Say no more.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    chohole said:
    Ledhead said:

Okay, maybe I should have said she feels like she weighs 100lbs when I pick her up. She is getting big though. Much bigger than our other cat that's 4 1/2 yrs old. I'll post a pic in a bit. I gotta get one of them off of my phone or more than likely take another one since she has gotten so fat. She is active as hell too, so I have no idea why her belly is getting so big.

Is your kitty a maine coon? or at least part. My orange tabby was at least part because he was 18 lbs and just huge....

edited April 2013

Ledhead said:
    chohole said:
    Ledhead said:

Is your kitty a maine coon? or at least part. My orange tabby was at least part because he was 18 lbs and just huge....

Edited: Sorry, I get carried away.

Post edited by ledhead on
  • ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    edited December 1969

Last June i got two black kittens with gold eyes from the Bartlett Animal Shelter here in Memphis - trust me,, do NOT Google the Memphis Animal Shelter unless you want to become enraged. They weren't related, but were the same age, and fostered with the same litter, so they may as well be brothers. Ralph and Carlton are utterly snuggly, and even get along decently with Shinju, my 7 year old.

Ryver, those kittens of yours are adorable, and I enjoy hearing about them. Keep us posted! :D

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
    Big Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Awwww they are so adorable :-). We got our cat about a year or two ago from the animal clinic because my kids were so heartbroken when we had to put our dog down. They kept pestering us for a new pet...finally my hubby caved in and they picked her out. They named her azaelea...she is black with green eyes.

My hubby calls her a turncoat because even though they went and picked her out she loves me most...lol. We hit it off the very first day...she is starting to let them pet her a little now,but it took awhile. What melted my heart is when she climbed on me and put both paws on each side of my shoulders and gave me a hug. We are inseperable...lol. OC she is cracks me up sometimes cause even though she has water in her bowl she sits in the bathroom sink waiting for you to turn on the faucet so she can drink out of it...lol! I love my Azaelea. My pretty kitty loves water for some reason.