Never Let Ledhead Name a Complaint Thread Complaint Thread

Comments

• edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    yay, new thread.

The wind is blowing this morning like it has been all week.

Thanks for posting the link to the old thread. I forgot to bookmark the page where Kyoto Kid talked about Milwaukee, WI.

I went to a museum and saw an old radio with vacuum tubes in a wooden cabinet. It had an analog dial or two. One dial controls the tuner while the other dial controls the volume.

They still make things with tubes...the preferred guitar amps have tubes. Most guitarists prefer the sound of tubes. I have one, a Mesa Boogie Rocket 44.

But I remember radios with tubes. Although the wooden ones were either very old or very expensive. We had one with the BakeLite plastic when I was a kid. And the TVs all had tubes. They would all get quite warm after being on for a little while.

Dana

mmmm... vacuum tubes!

They keep this place nice and warm, in the winter!

tubes.jpg
    600 x 450 - 239K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,098
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    yay, new thread.

The wind is blowing this morning like it has been all week.

Thanks for posting the link to the old thread. I forgot to bookmark the page where Kyoto Kid talked about Milwaukee, WI.

I went to a museum and saw an old radio with vacuum tubes in a wooden cabinet. It had an analog dial or two. One dial controls the tuner while the other dial controls the volume.

They still make things with tubes...the preferred guitar amps have tubes. Most guitarists prefer the sound of tubes. I have one, a Mesa Boogie Rocket 44.

But I remember radios with tubes. Although the wooden ones were either very old or very expensive. We had one with the BakeLite plastic when I was a kid. And the TVs all had tubes. They would all get quite warm after being on for a little while.

Dana

mmmm... vacuum tubes!

Yeah, that looks toasty alright!

Dana

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,029
    edited December 1969

When I was a kid, a TV repairman would come to your house to fix your set, bringing along a satchel full of vacuum tubes. He'd open up the back panel and check through for the tube that was burned out like an old light bulb, unplug it, sort through the tubes and find an appropriate replacement, plug it in, make sure everything worked, collect a couple of bucks and be on his way.
    Now we just replace the whole TV like a burned out bulb because it's usually just as cheap as it is to get it repaired.
    One more for the landfill. :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Who has DAZ Horse 2 and who has a moment to test something?

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

I'll bet I know what it is...unless you made some horse toast, too. :)
    I have time, but my brain is so foggy from pollen allergies and lack of sleep (I can't sleep if I can't breathe through my nose) that all I can do is post nonsense on the DAZ Forums and whimper. :sick:
    Glad your feeling better, though. :)
  • edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

A "vintage" tektronix model 545A scope. And that image shows only about half of it's tubes, so those... along with it's huge ( but quiet ) ventilation fan do literally heat my home so that I need not turn up the thermostat.

When I was a kid, a TV repairman would come to your house to fix your set, bringing along a satchel full of vacuum tubes. He'd open up the back panel and check through for the tube that was burned out like an old light bulb, unplug it, sort through the tubes and find an appropriate replacement, plug it in, make sure everything worked, collect a couple of bucks and be on his way.
    Now we just replace the whole TV like a burned out bulb because it's usually just as cheap as it is to get it repaired.

Say what you will about obsolescence, the guys who designed the instrument, above, were artists in their own right. In addition to being well made, their products just had more character.

This scope was made in the mid-sixties. And despite it's age, and having once been dropped from desk height flat onto a concrete surface, it is still reasonably functional. What problems it has had were easily repairable.

...frankly, I'm beginning to think the thing may well out-live me.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Skiriki said:

Bwahahahaha :D No, this is just for milk.

I have time, but my brain is so foggy from pollen allergies and lack of sleep (I can't sleep if I can't breathe through my nose) that all I can do is post nonsense on the DAZ Forums and whimper. :sick:

Man, do I know that feeling!

Here's the package cover image I'm going to use.

Extra_Morphs_for_DH2_Mare.png
    700 x 700 - 598K
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    tjohn said:
    Skiriki said:

Bwahahahaha :D No, this is just for milk.

Man, do I know that feeling!

Here's the package cover image I'm going to use.
    Looks cool. Hey is there a Horse 2 colt morph? They're not just smaller, the proportions are different.
    Would be nice to go with your mare - mother and child renders for horse lovers.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,098
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

A "vintage" tektronix model 545A scope. And that image shows only about half of it's tubes, so those... along with it's huge ( but quiet ) ventilation fan do literally heat my home so that I need not turn up the thermostat.

I wonder though, does the electric bill rival what the heating bill would be? :lol:

Dana

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Looks cool.

I think that horse is stiffly drunk. :lol:

Hey is there a Horse 2 colt morph? They're not just smaller, the proportions are different.

Nope, no foal morphs.

PAs, I'm really looking at you right now. Hint, hint. *waves a wad of money*

edited December 1969

More musing about tube TVs:
    It used to take several seconds for the tubes (including the picture tube) to warm up, before the TV actually came "on".

And we used to walk 10 miles to school and back home, and it was uphill both ways, by cracky! And we LIKED IT!

• edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

I wonder though, does the electric bill rival what the heating bill would be? :lol:

Dana

Since the building I'm in uses leaky wood and sheet-rock crawlspaces ( the original contractor probably absconded with all the duct-work funds ) such that in addition to being inefficient, I also get a whiff of my next-door neighbor's chain-smoking and cooking odors...

... I'd say I'm probably better off running the scope.

Just like a quartz-heater... only handier and more interesting.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    tjohn said:
    Looks cool.

I think that horse is stiffly drunk. :lol:

Hey is there a Horse 2 colt morph? They're not just smaller, the proportions are different.

Nope, no foal morphs.

PAs, I'm really looking at you right now. Hint, hint. *waves a wad of money*

Drunk horse is pretty cool. (waves smaller wad of money - I had such a bad case of March Madness I still have the symptoms: 1. Lighter wallet. 2. Tendency to shout "Oooo...shiny! Gimmie!")

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited April 2013

meh something to complain about :lol: eta seeing double is weird *wonders* :lol:

m.png
    638 x 405 - 173K
    m.png
    638 x 405 - 173K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    More musing about tube TVs:
    It used to take several seconds for the tubes (including the picture tube) to warm up, before the TV actually came "on".

And we used to walk 10 miles to school and back home, and it was uphill both ways, by cracky! And we LIKED IT!

don't forget the broke rocks in the lunchbox. We used to dream of broken rock, our lunch came with a chisel :lol:

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,243
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...once again was timed out and force to sign in.

...once again taken to Store not Forum Login page.

...once again sent to my account page instead of back to the thread after signing back in thus losing my place.

339 days since "M-Day" and still the timeout/sign in issues haven't been worked out.

When you get the log in screen, go back to the previous page, then right-click/middle-click to open a new page on the store or forum in a separate tab or window, log out there if needed, log in, close that page and refresh the forum page.

edited April 2013

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...once again was timed out and force to sign in.

...once again taken to Store not Forum Login page.

...once again sent to my account page instead of back to the thread after signing back in thus losing my place.

339 days since "M-Day" and still the timeout/sign in issues haven't been worked out.

When you get the log in screen, go back to the previous page, then right-click/middle-click to open a new page on the store or forum in a separate tab or window, log out there if needed, log in, close that page and refresh the forum page.

That's what I do :). Open the login page with new page from the log out/in link, log in and refresh the forum page :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Think all the uv issues are nailed nao *hopes*

307.jpg
    1500 x 628 - 170K
    edited December 1969

Arrrrr! Complaint!

I still need someone to test me morphs before I release them. :down:

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Arrrrr! Complaint!

I still need someone to test me morphs before I release them. :down:

Don't have horse v2 sorry :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Go to the Horse 2 threads in the PC Ski. If you have not done so as yet.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Don't you bring logic to this whine!

*shakes a tiny fist*

You are, of course, right. That's probably the best course of action.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

Dana

Say what you will about obsolescence, the guys who designed the instrument, above, were artists in their own right. In addition to being well made, their products just had more character.

This scope was made in the mid-sixties. And despite it's age, and having once been dropped from desk height flat onto a concrete surface, it is still reasonably functional. What problems it has had were easily repairable.

...frankly, I'm beginning to think the thing may well out-live me.

they use tektronix at my dayjob.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited April 2013

mmmm... vacuum tubes!

Just like my old quad core machines. They have the first quad core CPUs Intel made, and they produce an enourmous amount of heat. The coolers weigh over a pound, and I have tied them up with copper wire because I feared the weight might break the board. The house was heavily insulated a couple of years ago and now the computers can easily heat up the room they're located in during the winter.

cooler.jpg
    800 x 600 - 113K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

breakfast :) anyone?

untitled1.jpg
    300 x 280 - 25K
    edited December 1969

breakfast :) anyone?

*noms* :)

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I am sure all of the Content is included with the item.
    I am sure the Smart Content works properly.
    I am sure I used the Correct Followers.
    I am sure all the Materials will appear when the item is selected.
    I am sure Everything Works just fine and dandy.
    I see no need to test it.
    Off to the next project that I will make sure is properly put together so there will be no need to test it.

I just got an update for an item that is supposed to have Smart Content, but, of course, it does not.
    I see no need to mention which product it is as there are many and there will be more.
    Same old song and dance.

This is the complaint thread right?

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Jaderail said:

*shakes a tiny fist*

You are, of course, right. That's probably the best course of action.Don't ya get snarky wid me little one. I'll get the Otter after you. And if that don't work I gotz a room full of MeerCoons (I'm told) just looking of more stuff to pull into little parts just cause they seem to enjoy it.

Speeking of which, anybody know how to get rid of a room full of MeerCoons?

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    I am sure all of the Content is included with the item.
    I am sure the Smart Content works properly.
    I am sure I used the Correct Followers.
    I am sure all the Materials will appear when the item is selected.
    I am sure Everything Works just fine and dandy.
    I see no need to test it.
    Off to the next project that I will make sure is properly put together so there will be no need to test it.

I just got an update for an item that is supposed to have Smart Content, but, of course, it does not.
    I see no need to mention which product it is as there are many and there will be more.
    Same old song and dance.

This is the complaint thread right?

Got the same update... not telling...
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Jaderail said:

*shakes a tiny fist*

You are, of course, right. That's probably the best course of action.

I guess I can do it.

I'm phobic about horses (other than of the Friendship is Magic variety). The only reason I made the Jockey and Riding Habit were that Marieah poked me, and I then didn't have to do any horse renders because she did them. :D

This discussion has been closed.