Permissions issue starting Carrara 8

muntinbarmuntinbar Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I purchased Carrara 8 yesterday and installed it on my MacBook Pro running Lion 10.7.4. There is only one account on this computer and I am the administrator. When I try to start the program and enter my name and serial number I get a message telling me that it doesn't have administrator access rights. The program eventually starts after three similar notifications. Next time I start the program, I go through the same thing.

I called the customer services and they told me the obvious - that the administrator needs to give permissions to install. I verified and repaired all disk permissions and gave all files and folders under DAZ 3D read/write access. I am still having the same issue.

When I google it I am taken to links that are broken. Can anyone please help me?

Thanks!

Screen_Shot_2012-06-12_at_11.58_.03_AM_.png
512 x 192 - 35K

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited June 2012

HI muntinbar

I'm not a Mac user, so I may not be of much help here,..
    but I am a Carrara users,. and on the PC, you need to choose "Run as Administrator"
    to allow Carrara to create the preferences file, and save the serial number info.

You should Scroll down the main Forum, to Software, (Carrara Discussion forum)
    It's the place for help about Carrara on Mac and PC.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/66/

Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • muntinbarmuntinbar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply 3DAGE! I am running as administrator and have never had this problem installing any other software. I will check out the Carrara forum as you suggested. I posted here first because I thought this issue may be common to other DAZ products as well.

• canosoupcanosoup Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

I have the same issue, very annoying.