Question about Gen4 content in DS4.5...

KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am back to playing with DS. I have determined that I love every feature about Studio EXCEPT the render times. Still trying to cope with that. Hoping that Lux with GPU rendering will make me happy there, too. ANYWAY...

I know how to find my Gen4 content in Studio. It's in My Library's "poser type library." No problem there. However, I would LOVE to be able to find my Gen4 PEOPLE without needing to go into a POSER library. I'd like them just in "My Library." I don't like that I have to keep jumping from one place to another. But they're ExP characters, so if I move them, DS squawks and won't open them. In Poser, I can get around having to "runtime jump" by opening a V4 from my main runtime, injecting her with all her morphs, and then saving her to the location of my choice as a CR2. I can export a CR2 from DS4.5, but DS doesn't seem to find them outside of a Poser runtime. Is there any trick/workaround/voodoo that I can use to move them to a DAZ kind of directory? Seems silly that I can't, seeing as how they're DAZ products.

And, while I'm here, I must give a happy retraction. I stopped shopping here before Christmas. Stopped. Completely. This is not a small deal for me OR Daz, as I've spent more here in my lifetime than I did on my last car. I was sick of not knowing what I'd bought previously, having to wade through 65 pages of 50-items-per-page history, having to click a zillion boxes to keep the unwanted installers from dumping unwanted crap on my machine... and was pretty much sick of the entire "new webpage" debacle. Having said that, I came back here last week and found every one of my complaints gone. The content installer is brilliant. The store not only knows what I bought and tells me so -- it even knows what I bought when it was purchased as part of a bundle. I'm quite happy that I don't hate shopping here anymore. :) So, with that said... help, anyone?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

What I do is load V4 from the .cr2, inject all the morphs, and save as a .duf scene subset in my DS-format content folders -- loads much faster and uses less memory, too.

I also use Categories so I can arrange things however I want, e.g. I have a V4 folder with both the ,duf scene subset and the .cr2 in it, and subfolders of that for clothing, etc. I don't have to go into the DS-formats and Poser-formats area at all.

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

What I do is load V4 from the .cr2, inject all the morphs, and save as a .duf scene subset in my DS-format content folders -- loads much faster and uses less memory, too.

Why did I not think of this?! Thank you. Brilliant.