Dye for Me - Holly Hair - [Commercial] coming soon

Lady LittlefoxLady Littlefox Posts: 667
edited March 2013 in Daz PA Commercial Products

You'll have for forgive me if I do this wrong, it's been a while since I did my own promo posts ;P

New technology I've been developing for about a month and a half now finally coming to the store....

Dye for Me....

The concept is pretty simple... ever have a need for a really specific hair color and no way to get it there without lots and lots of work or playing with things you're not really comfortable with? Or 14 million mats that hog your Hard Drive and you probably only ever use 3 of them? Or that perfect Red head that is the holy grail, not too brassy, not too eggplant, but doesn't overwhelm your lighting?

Well, I've developed one mat that you you can adjust not simply the highlights, but the actual color, the saturation, the intensity, the shadow intensity, the bump and the transmap feathering all from a few simple dials inside Poser... and you can save /That/ as a pose to apply again later if you decide you like it.

Now mind you this isn't a 'this will work for every hair' solution, there's alot of fine tuning and head beating against the wall that went into making just this one work, so if folks like it, and want it for other hair products, I'm going to have to make more future support as requested/desired, but by in large, whatcha think?

DyeForMe_Holly-MAIN.jpg
700 x 910 - 198K
Post edited by Lady Littlefox on

Comments

• Lady LittlefoxLady Littlefox Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Just a few more

HollyDye-Pop6.jpg
    700 x 910 - 193K
    HollyDye-Pop5.jpg
    700 x 910 - 191K
    HollyDye-Pop4.jpg
    700 x 910 - 200K
    HollyDye-Pop3.jpg
    700 x 910 - 202K
    HollyDye-Pop2.jpg
    700 x 910 - 191K
    edited December 1969

So whatcha think?

HollyDye-Pop8.jpg
    700 x 910 - 191K
    HollyDye-Pop7.jpg
    700 x 910 - 191K
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited March 2013

I can see this working very well. Is there a chance of a DS version?

The possibility to change roots/tips and add streaks would be lovely.

EDIT: Oooh, didn't notice it was controlled through figure dials. That aspect might not be possible to translate.

Post edited by agent unawares on
    edited December 1969

Fraid the DS materials to pull off the same stunt are completely eluding me though I've had a couple of DS Gurus express that they might give it a go and team up or something to try to get the technology working. No promises though cause I'm at a complete loss as to how to do the same stunt ;P

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited March 2013

Changing separate areas to different colors can be done pretty easily with Shader Mixer and alpha maps. A transmap that adjusts smoothly from long to short would be a little more difficult [but if it worked the same theory could also be used for root color length and tip color length]. I don't know how any of this would impact render time - I suspect not much as it's mostly color changes but I'm not sure.

I think I'm going to go fiddle in Shader Mixer now. :lol:

Edited for grammatical error.

Post edited by agent unawares on
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

I love the concept, and it looks so easy to use.

And ... I love that it's a Poser product! I don't have to whine to my roommate about it. Not that it does any good to whine to her. She just glares at me and then picks at my leg with her sharp little claw ... informing me ever so politely I need to stop reading the forums and feed her.

Even though I filled her food bowl before sitting down at the computer.

Now, if only 'coloring' hair created in the Poser room could be so simple.

but by in large, whatcha think?
  • fayriefayrie Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

this looks wonderful!! i would love to play with this :)

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited March 2013

Testing hair for the Fox. :) The dye is fun to play with. Love being able to pick and coose the exact colors I want! Well done!

(No postwork sans the frame and sig.....)

Click image to see the larger size.

Portrait.jpg
    630 x 798 - 130K
    Post edited by Digital Lite Design on
    edited December 1969

Oh and you say you're struggling with Poser lighting.... WOW!!!!!

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited April 2013

Like the idea/concept very much. (Pretty awesome, actually).

Questions.

Am still using Poser7 for computer reasons (9 won't run). New computer for graphics is on the wish/watch list. (A) would this work there (no worries as we have to move forward) (B) How system resources intensive does it tend to be? Seems like it might be better than a conglomeration of jpeg mat colors.

Is the hair currently available? I saw it on one of Sabby's models and noted Sabby's positive comment:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sabby-flora-for-v4-and-genesis/98326/

Did a search on the Big three where I thought you might have it (DAZ, Rendo, RDNA) but it didn't come up.

Post edited by Consumer573 on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    I'd buy the DS version in a hurry!

Me also....

I may try having a play with Shadermixer myself if I get chance. Love the look!

edited December 1969

Should work for P7 and above easily (Actually it should work for everything above p6... ) though I do recommend remembering to use the 'final' render settings so that you avoid poser trying to resize the transmaps ;P

Product is awaiting release here at Daz, no ETA as yet but should be soon, made it through testing and so forth.

DS version, Actually I've got a couple of DS gurus noodling over the problem. we'll see if they figure out a way to make it work... There are some DS mats included with the Holly Hair product itself though so you won't be without, just the Dye-for-Me Tech doesn't work for it...

• Risika75Risika75 Posts: 49
    edited December 1969

That looks like it will be fun to play with. LOVE the hair!

• RuneImpRuneImp Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Looks amazing! It would definitely be more amazing if there was a "works with all hairs situation." But understand the work involved. If there are more available in the future it would be a top buy for any hair over regular color sets.

One question for you. What dress is that in the product images? The wife is kinda dying for it. :)

edited December 1969

RuneImp said:
    Looks amazing! It would definitely be more amazing if there was a "works with all hairs situation." But understand the work involved. If there are more available in the future it would be a top buy for any hair over regular color sets.

One question for you. What dress is that in the product images? The wife is kinda dying for it. :)

Snow Bride for V4

• RuneImpRuneImp Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Thank you! Heheh, I actually added that to my wishlist a few days ago. Surprised I didn't remember the likeness. O:-)

edited December 1969

RuneImp said:
    Thank you! Heheh, I actually added that to my wishlist a few days ago. Surprised I didn't remember the likeness. O:-)

You're welcome! It is a gorgeous dress.

btw Holly hair and Dye for Me are in the store now YAY!

along with Nancy Hair , Nancy Hair Expansion , and Nancy Hair Ombre Collection.

Already bought Holly and Dye for Me, the rest will have to wait for when I have more money... Gorgeous work LLF!