Any free cartoon shaders that make 2D characters like in 80s Saturday Morning Cartoons?

I am wondering if there are any free cartoon shaders that can create 2D renders of DAZ 3D figures with a black outline to make the characters appear similar to Saturday morning cartoons back in the day?

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Well, you can get pretty close if you do a bit of prep work in your scene buy using DAZ Studio's free cartoon shader. There are also cartoon presets that let you change a suface to be cartoon shaded supplied from with DAZ Studio in one of the shaders folders.

• So, is the cartoon shader included in DAZ Studio, or do I have to download and install it?  If I have to install it, could you please post a link to the download?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

So, is the cartoon shader included in DAZ Studio, or do I have to download and install it?  If I have to install it, could you please post a link to the download?

No, it's included when you download the DAZ Studio Essentials (I think).

When you 1st install DAZ Studio you should installed:

0) Create in your web-browser a DAZ 3D Store account.

1) DAZ Install Manager (so-called DIM) - install and configure in preparation for the rest how you want to use on you computer & to use DAZ 3D Store account in Step 0.

2) Download & install DAZ Studio (64 bit) via DIM

3) Download & install DAZ Studio Essentials and all the Genesis Essentials from plain Genesis, Genesis 2 Female, Genesis 2 Male, Genesis 3, Genesis 8 & so on via DIM.

4) After you do all that in the Content Library Tab of DAZ Studio listed under DAZ Products - Library you'll see maybe 6 - 10 folder that start with the word Shade - the cartoon shaders are in one of those folder.

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited August 2017

example:

\Shader Presets\DS Defaults\dzToonGlossy.duf

installed with:Default Resources for DAZ Studio 4.9+

Post edited by MarcCCTx on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Moved to product suggestions as it is a request for, not an offer of, free shaders.

• FossilFossil Posts: 166

I am wondering if there are any free cartoon shaders that can create 2D renders of DAZ 3D figures with a black outline to make the characters appear similar to Saturday morning cartoons back in the day?

'The day' started in the fifties, not the eigthies.  By the time I got into them (the early sixties) it was well established.   Gosh am I really that old?!