Wancow’s Weekly Famous People Portrait Challenge 2 - The First Lady of Film

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited March 2013 in Art Studio

Well, I was going to wait till Friday, but lack of patience was beating up on me (that and my work getting rejected by the powers that be...)

So here goes!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000012/?ref_=sr_3

"Who's the star of this show? Me or the Dress?"

Bette Davis was iconic. And what better challenge to actually get some participation! Kyoto Kid wanted a good old fashioned icon, well here she is!

Let's see if any of you can get a decent likeness! This is a free for all save that it MUST be a 3D Portrait. You can use whatever figure you have available in whatever software you use, or you can build her from scratch in Wings3D or Maya...

First prize is a free copy of my fabulous, not quite good enough for sale, hair: http://www.sharecg.com/v/67985/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/WC-Samantha-Hair-for-Genesis

02BetteDavis5.jpg
666 x 800 - 222K
02BetteDavis-Start.jpg
465 x 603 - 97K
Post edited by wancow on

Comments

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Good choice! But why is the first picture of Joan Crawford?

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

OOOPS! I'll fix that!

edited December 1969

Okay, here's what Facegen gave me... with a few morphs to try and get it looking a little closer... the eyes, the eyes, the eyes... grrr... annoying.

No matter... I'll load another Genesis and work on it with this as a base template, and the ones of the young Bette Davis for refinement...

bd01.jpg
    465 x 603 - 125K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,814
    edited December 1969

♪♬♪♬♭♪♪♯♪♬she got Bette Davis eyes♪♬♪♬♭♪♪♯♪♬

edited December 1969

oh... fercryingoutloud... why don't you just spank me already! OH, that's right, been there... done that...

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited March 2013

Um, LOL? ROTF

Good start, though.

Post edited by Spit on
    edited March 2013

@ spit: :P :P :P

:)

Anyway, so here I am shaping Genesis... I may have to make some custom morphs... for the eyes and to slant out the brow...

bd02.jpg
    697 x 603 - 232K
    Post edited by wancow on
  • RNR_DV8RNR_DV8 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Here is a try at Bette...I may work on this some more as I can see areas that need improving but I kinda like it and wanted to share.

BetteDavis01.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 394K
    edited December 1969

RNR_DV8 said:
    Here is a try at Bette...I may work on this some more as I can see areas that need improving but I kinda like it and wanted to share.

I'm very glad you did! Yah, keep at it, let's see how close any of us can get :)

edited December 1969

I really need people to look at this, and tell me where I'm going wrong... something's not right, and I will probably have to do some custom morphs... I'm liking this particular texture, and will probably morph the brow to slant down on the outside rather than paint the texture...

On another note, already picked out a contemporary starlette to be our next challenge... but Bette Davis, IMHO, is important to this series :)

bd03a.jpg
    451 x 603 - 118K
    bd03.jpg
    451 x 603 - 154K
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Never even tried anything like this wancow, so I'll stick to making clothes.

very good start though.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited March 2013

Wancow ,in the profile picture her eyes protrude more they aren't deep set,I'd say either move them forward or move the nose bridge back towards the face some ....... I also thing perhaps a bit larger eyes.....
    Maybe this weekend I'll try my hand at it .....

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

RNR_DV8 said:

I'd like to see your Betty in profile ........cause you look really close on the eyes