JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III]

Comments

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,071
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I am slowly emerging from the darkness of depression, but slowly. I don't have a car now so eveythings has gotten harder. At least Asda etc deliver now so that is what I am doing. I managed to render an image for Dreamlight's monthy. Thanks for asking Jack. I have managed to get some motivation and got some major garden jobs done. Though I am paying the pain price now for it. Seeing the work done does put a smile on my face which is nice.

So all in all things aren't too bad, getting better by the week.

Well, glad to hear things are on the up. :)

Speaking of gardening, this warm weather really has turned the garden into a jungle. I myself have spent all morning out there with the lawnmower, trying to reclaim the grass.

Hopefully that will earn me some brownie points with the wife! ;)

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

want to see some brand new Dixie renders? visit my thread :)
    (there are two really nice pool renders) :)

enjoy and have fun

:)

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    technology is a fine thing

:roll:

LOL, when it works ;-)

Exactly.. and when it doesn't... !

I think the results are pretty obvious to see here ;-) but the team have worked really hard and i'm liking the new site/forums.

Hi Jack, not spoken to you b4, but i use your products and just resizing one that has just finished, will have a few older ones to post here too.

Regards always. Ian :-)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I am slowly emerging from the darkness of depression, but slowly. I don't have a car now so eveythings has gotten harder. At least Asda etc deliver now so that is what I am doing. I managed to render an image for Dreamlight's monthy. Thanks for asking Jack. I have managed to get some motivation and got some major garden jobs done. Though I am paying the pain price now for it. Seeing the work done does put a smile on my face which is nice.

So all in all things aren't too bad, getting better by the week.

Sorry to hear that, as a fellow sufferer of anxiety/depression myself, hope you progress well, as for my garden, the wife wants lots of borders and bedding plants, whereas i'm more of a low maintenance 'put stuff in tubs' sort of guy :coolcheese:

be well :-)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Thx Ian for the kinds words. Yes I have suffered from it since 1998 when my body started to play up. Having to accept being a crip is hard considering how active I was.

Garden. Before my body starting giving me attitude I dug out a 1 m deep pond, lined it and hid the liner with a small flat bridge, rocks and plants. Half the lawn went to make way for a pebbled area which leads up to the pond. I don't do bedding much. I like shurbs, small trees and ferns.

You do know tubs and pots need more watering hence more labour. :)

edited December 1969

Cloudbase...

original size here - http://fav.me/d518x6n

Thanks for looking, comments/tips always welcome :-)

Cloudbase_WM_dazForum.png
    800 x 640 - 953K
    edited December 1969

Scalpel..? [NUDITY]

No preview pic. http://ianzthingz.deviantart.com/#/d4ym8u2 nudity tag attached at DA :)

Thanks for looking, comments/tips always welcome :)

edited December 1969

Nice work everyone!

Had another afternoon in the garden - and looks like I've got more to do today too.. No rest for the wicked, as they say :)

edited December 1969

I hope you are Slip, Slop and Slapping Jack. I can take a lot of sun giving that I grew up in the north of New Zealand but even these last few days have taken their toll on me. Little red and a little heat stroke.

Nice images Ian. I like the landing platform one above. Cool idea.

edited December 1969

Jack check out this thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/433/

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I hope you are Slip, Slop and Slapping Jack. I can take a lot of sun giving that I grew up in the north of New Zealand but even these last few days have taken their toll on me. Little red and a little heat stroke.

Thanks Szark, appreciate it, :-)

edited December 1969

Szark said:

Yes, definitely am... the wife laughed when I got some factor 50 but she saw just how quick I burnt in Italy :)

I ache today, I can tell you..

edited December 1969

Szark said:

Thanks for the heads up - have to admit all the new forums are a bit :-/

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

enjoy and have fun

Nice work Cosmo, nice to see you here on the new forums too!

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

enjoy and have fun

Nice work Cosmo, nice to see you here on the new forums too!

have you seen the roman bath render? ;-)

edited December 1969

Good use of the Library, thought you would like it. :coolgrin:

Cosmo...love your range of ideas you come up with for Dixie...keep'em coming. :coolcheese: Boy she sure does get around that one. LOL

Had a good day today again....got loads done again today. Yes had a good day. Gone back to an old Bryce scene yesterday. Been doing it for nearly two years now and I am finally getting there. First render I did was crap, second not much better. Now It is looking better. I am sorry Jack not ine of you products in site on this one. But yiu know me, can you feel the love. :coolhmm:

I am slowly getting used to the forums finding my way round the various new functions and turn off a few too. :)

edited December 1969

Tried to reply but the forum keeps puking :(

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It's a little better now, as it's up after an update (with the toon alien greets).

edited December 1969

It's a little better now, as it's up after an update (with the toon alien greets).

Hope so, just waiting patiently now for the forum to start bumping threads again.. I don't know about anyone else but the way it keeps threads buried, even with new posts, kinda kills the whole experience for me.

I just don't have the time to read through all 11+ pages.. and that will only get worse as time goes by :(

edited December 1969

I find going to "My Public Profile", located on the front page of the fourms, and clicking "View all posts by this member" helps me keep an eye on the threads I have posted to.

Plus I turned off Enable Smart Notification in the E-mail settings in our Control Panel also locate on the front page of the forums, top right.

Also when I have finished reading all the new posts I will make all read before I leave the forums.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Gorge Fight

(Using the Cliffhanger by Jack, UberEnvironment for light set-up [thanks to stonemason's advice], and the elite-shaders on the skins of the figures, and - lastly - the UberHair shader on the hairs. See? I'm trying to push my skills...)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/7315635390/in/photostream

7315635390_8b20f5c51c_z.jpg
    640 x 512 - 218K
    edited December 1969

hello

hmm, ahhh, well, is there a timeframe in which we can expect a new west/east/south/north park product?

edited December 1969

Gorge Fight

(Using the Cliffhanger by Jack, UberEnvironment for light set-up [thanks to stonemason's advice], and the elite-shaders on the skins of the figures, and - lastly - the UberHair shader on the hairs. See? I'm trying to push my skills...)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/7315635390/in/photostream

Nice. Good Hair and POV. Love Cliffhanger, great prop and good that you are trying new things. I just got EcoSystems for Vue yesterday, oh am I having fun learning new things. :)
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    hello

hmm, ahhh, well, is there a timeframe in which we can expect a new west/east/south/north park product?

Hey,

Sorry for the delay, it appears the notifications have stopped working here..

The only timeframe I can give is 'soon'.. while I don't decide the actual release dates I can tell you that there is more both in the can and being worked on as we speak.

edited December 1969

JACKs native viallge + FIRST BASTIONs hilly surround, LISAs dead bushes and VALs clothing, dino rauls trees and AMs skydome

dx_native_village_103_small.jpg
    800 x 800 - 197K
    dx_native_village_101_small.jpg
    800 x 450 - 122K
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    hello

Hey,

The only timeframe I can give is 'soon'.. while I don't decide the actual release dates I can tell you that there is more both in the can and being worked on as we speak.

well have done some with your fantastic great native village as you can see above :)

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    cosmo71 said:
    hello

Hey,

well have done some with your fantastic great native village as you can see above :)

Yea that's some nice work.. like the way you have the feeling of the vast expanse of the plains... :)

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    cosmo71 said:
    hello

Hey,

Yea that's some nice work.. like the way you have the feeling of the vast expanse of the plains... :)

well also the wide screen shoot is a small version. If I could upload larger images then you could see the real vast expanse of these landscape :)

by the way, was in Arizona and Nevada and Utha back in 1992 or 93 can`t remember

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,184
    edited December 1969

I remember doing projects in grade school on the nomadic tribes of the North American plains. I like the sense of space on the wide shot and the brightness. As for Dixie, Dixie seems to be a very versatile character, she practically fits in anywhere.

dx_native_village_101_small.jpg
    800 x 450 - 122K
    edited December 1969

Well Dixie, in real life she is a special agent hopping through the time and space tunnel searching for adventures :coolsmile:
    she was selected for this job because of her versatility, intelligence, toughness and good look :coolsmile: and because she likes good Italian food, pizza and pasta, steak and beer :lol:

This discussion has been closed.