Shop > Free 3D Models?!

sbseedsbseed Posts: 0
edited March 2013 in The Commons

none of the stuff currently on the free 3D Models pages are free... bit acquard, wondering what the deal is with that and why the objects that are no longer free havent been removed and the pages updated properly in over a month and half or so now?...

has anyone else even noticed this?...
or if those objects/items are supposed to be free why the prices havent been changed back?

currently the only model thats actually free is the telescope model... "Dystopia Krugar Mk 15" package

what 'promotion' or 'sale' is this apart of because the prices etc. changed before the march madness or any of the weekend or weekly sales done, and it doesnt appear to be apart of any sale event i have seen...

just doesnt make sense to me that if the prices are being returned to what they might normally be why they would still be in the free stuff pages.

Pricing_Free_3D_Models_-_4.jpg
754 x 770 - 205K
Pricing_Free_3D_Models_-_3.jpg
755 x 427 - 104K
Pricing_Free_3D_Models_-_2.jpg
764 x 729 - 217K
Pricing_Free_3D_Models_-_1.jpg
765 x 769 - 205K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited March 2013

The way taht free models are handled was changed several weeks ago, and non Platinum Club members have to buy at least one item to qualify for a free item. PC members see all of them as free.

If you are not in the PC, then when you put a paid item in your cart, you should be able to add a free itme as well.

I will see if I can find a link to the thread for you.

EDIT:

There is a thread here : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16041/

On the freebies page it also tells you that itmes are only free to PC members, or you have to buy an item along with them.

FREE for Platinum Club or FREE with purchase
    of any other product from the store.
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Moved to the Commons because it is not an offer of a freebie.

Items are free when you purchase something.

• edited December 1969

That SUCKS!
    Ever since DAZ has changed hands, I've been disliking it more & more. When DS4 Pro came out, I refused to buy it cause I knew it would be free eventually. DAZ didn't disappoint either, unless you bought it when it was outrageously priced. Now with all these new changes, I feel completely alienated by them. I don't like change & I probably won't buy much cause I'm a Poser user. I don't have the time or energy to DSON import figures & all the clothes. You just made it hard to want to like DS....
    It's such a shame & pity that you changed what worked so well for so long. People don't have money to spend these days.
    Sorry if the truth hurts.
    Peace!

• sbseedsbseed Posts: 0
    edited March 2013

its dishonest to say its free and then expect people to buy something so they can 'get it for free'. its not free, it should be labeled properly.

i personally find it disgraceful, disgusting, illogical and a good way to lose potential customers... if this is indeed how they are going to conduct business here... i can say that even though i had planned to buy stuff down the road when i had the money to do so, now thats not going to happen.

sad to think how business has changed.... it used to be by a handshake and that was all that was needed, you didnt have to trick your potential customers into buying stuff to try to get something for 'free'.... your honesty was your policy as a business owner and word of mouth was all you need to make sales and money, you didnt need retarded gimmicks or sales.

you could have set prices and know that you were getting a real deal when sales were on because you knew the business owner wouldnt raise prices for sales or promote items as being free when they weren't free, and when you did buy something to get an extra item it was plainly written out and free didnt enter into any of it unless it was truly free... no trying to hide or raise prices for a added item special in a given store.

anyone who does business like this should never be encouraged or bought from. and shame on those who support it by buying stuff.

in other words, they shouldn't leave the page as being free 3D Models, and change it to something accurate and honest.

Post edited by sbseed on
  • ServantServant Posts: 758
    edited March 2013

There's a lot of peeps like myself who have voiced similar opinions about this change which doesn't really make sense from a marketing perspective, though there might be some sort of rationalization from the financial perspective.

Anyway, join the conversation underway here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16041/

And be sure to voice your opinion through the General feedback in the DAZ zendesk. While we can all analyze the situation here in the forums, DAZ staff rarely go over the forums. Use the support ticket to send your displeasure at this situation. The more people that say their grievances about this, the more likely the company will listen. There's no guarantee, of course, but at least you, as customers, did something about it.

Thread locked in favour of the original thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16041/

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.