How can I make the LARGEST possible renders?

2»

Comments

• stump3point1stump3point1 Posts: 139
    edited February 2013

mjc1016 said:

stumpc - 26 February 2013 08:47 PM
    Might want to try Large Address Aware:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556

Go into Preferences on poser and check “Render as a separate process” then set the Firefly renderer to Large Address Aware to squeeze out as much RAM as possible for 32 bit.

It's a Mac...not gonna work...

DOH, I guess I should learn to read(at least more slowly) , it was in the first sentence of the OP. If anyone on Windows needs more RAM it may help them.

Post edited by stump3point1 on
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Fauvist said:
    icprncss said:
    Poser 9 is only 32-bit, isn't it?

Yes, Poser 9 is only 32 bit. For full 64 bit rendering, you need Pro 2012.

What minimum shading rate are you using?

Do you have reflective surfaces?

What texture sizes are you using on background and even mid-ground figures?

Before you render, save the scene. Go to prefs and clear the undo cache. This will free up system resources. Close Poser. If necessary, reboot your system. Or just relaunch Poser. Load the scene and render.

Here's a screenshot of the settings. I've removed the textured background now, and there are no reflective surfaces. I cleared the cache, saved the scene, and closed and reopened Poser. I'll try rendering again. Thanks!

Rather than use the generic auto render settings, it's better to use the manual settings. If you aren't using reflections, you can lower the ray trace bounces.

What level of texture filtering are you using? While TF isn't a big issue, if you have a long list of textures and all of them very large, turning off TF can give you a bit more in the system resource dept.

IDL and AO don't always work and play well with each other. At least they didn't always in P8/Pro 2010. I used to have a script that deleted AO nodes. I'll have to see if I can locate it.