aniBlock importer failed to load (in Carrara 8)

VoidOVoidO Posts: 47
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I have Carrara 8 Pro version 8.1.0.135

I just bought the aniBlock importer for Carrara, so I guess it's the latest.

I select the root of M4 or V4, like in their video tutorial.
I go to file/import, select a short simple aniBlock file.
I get the error message "aniBlockImporter.mcx failed to load".

and nothing happens.

HELP!

Note: My machine is an ASUS high-grade, CPU is Intel Core I7 990 Extreem Edition with 12 threads, 16iggs of highspeed RAM, I've got a bomb machine and it works fine. It's not my computer.

Comments

• DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

I'm having the same problem in Carrara 8.5 pro. I have reinstalled aniBlock importer for Carrara several times, still no luck with it. Any tips......anyone....?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,099
    edited December 1969

Okay, this should not be! Have either of you contacted customer support? They need to know this! I use mine all the time and it works like a charm... so something is installed incorrectly, or something. I used Carrara 8 Pro as long as I've owned the plugin, and now 8.5 Pro, and I've never had a problem. As a matter of fact... I love the thing.

TIP(after you get it working):
    I learned that it is often highly beneficial to set the timeline to 1 second (or anywhere off of the first frame) before importing, so that you can still have access to your default poses from that first frame. It works well for helping to fix/change things down the road, and also to reset everything if you decide against keeping the imported data.

edited December 1969

Go to the installation folder for Carrara, open it and look inside the Extensions folder.
    Look to see if it's in there. I'm not on a Carrara machine right now, or I'd tell you what it's called... but I think it should stand out as obvious. If it's not in there, you need to get it in there. If you've installed it manually, check to make sure there isn't a folder in there called "Content" or something...

Open the installer zip and keep opening folders until you open the Extensions folder, and drag those contents into this Extensions folder... should fix it.

If you've used DIM, find it in the Installed list, right-click on it and find out where the files were installed to.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the tips, it's doubly frustrating that it seems everyone else is having a ball with the aniblocks importer, I've searched the forum and there's hardly any other complaint about installation apart from this one. Wondering if telecino found a way around it. I've checked, the files install to the extensions folder as they're meant to, but for some reason, Carrara is not reading them. I've sent a support request to Daz and also sent an email to Gofigure, but their website looks quite untended, so not sure their support would be up to scratch.

edited December 1969

Oh Carrara aniblocks importer why doth thou faileth me so??????

http://youtu.be/dXvHpeIX_Sk

Link to a quick test render of a character morphed in Daz Studio and animated using aniblocks (also in Daz), no post work, no clean ups (poke-throughs are evident and the heels have not been fixed) took 3 hours to render despite the low res, but boy do we love the way she moves! If the aniblocks importer for Carrara can just get working, might try to work a bit more on it, do some lip syncing with mimic and maybe aim for a music video?

• FenricFenric Posts: 351
    edited April 2014

The "PluginName.mcx failed to load" usually means one of these things:

32-bit plugin on a 64-bit system (or vice versa)
    Mac plugin on a Windows system (or vice versa)
    For Windows, a missing dependency file (usually one of the Visual C++ runtime packages)

The most likely Visual C++ runtimes are 2008, 2010, 2012, and 2013 - you're best off if you have all of them installed.

Edit: Loading up my Carrara and just one AniBlock, it's using Visual C++ runtimes 2008 and 2010 - make sure you install the correct one (32 or 64 bit)

Post edited by Fenric on
    edited December 1969

Fenric said:
    The "PluginName.mcx failed to load" usually means one of these things:

32-bit plugin on a 64-bit system (or vice versa)
    Mac plugin on a Windows system (or vice versa)
    For Windows, a missing dependency file (usually one of the Visual C++ runtime packages)

The most likely Visual C++ runtimes are 2008, 2010, 2012, and 2013 - you're best off if you have all of them installed.

Thanks Fenric... You ROCK!!!
    edited December 1969

Thank you Fenric, you sure had it spot on, installing all the Visual C++ runtimes solved the problem. Once I did that and reinstalled the aniblocks importer, I was able to load aniblocks without any further problems.

In case anyone else stumbling on this post has a similar problem, this is the link that walked me through the best way to get all the runtimes:
    http://www.ghacks.net/2012/08/24/install-microsoft-visual-c-runtimes-in-one-go/

And this is the link where I downloaded the runtimes installer from:
    http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/VC-Redist-Installer-Download-216678.html

Suffice to say I've since gone on to have my first try at using aniblocks inside Carrara, its a quick effort and its a tribute to all the great people on this forum who are just fantastic at sharing information, its amazing how much I've learnt from so many people I might never ever meet. Thanks everyone:

http://youtu.be/4U6FXd6nmA0