Old Forum Archives

2»

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    chohole said:
    robkelk said:
    Well, it's three-quarters-of-a-year later now, and can we see the images in the old forum threads yet?

No. :down:

The 'Log In' link from the old forum still just gives a 404 error. Being logged in via the DAZ site still doesn't make a jot of difference.

Does anybody still care... ???

I care - there's a freebie in the old Platinum Club forum that I want to download. (Yes, I was and still am a Platinum Club member.)

IS it not in this list

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8880/

Nope. It's "Ballroom Queen," Andolaurina's contribution to the 2010 Platinum Club Challenge, and it was available at http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=2563716#2563716 . The zip file is on Andolaurina's website, but the password isn't...

Maybe PM Andolaurina?

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited March 2013

You can see ther images by appending the HTML snippet to the http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/ link

Yep, I've been doing that for nigh on 9 months already... and it's really, really irritating! >:-( It's okay for the odd image, but not so bright if you want to see all the images in a particular thread.

I was under the impression that fixing the images on the old forums was on the 'to-do' list, as per this...

The best you can do at this time is do a google search on the forum. They will be working on the archived forum once they get the store and current forum running smoothly.

...admittedly probably way, way down at the bottom of the list ;-) but I just wanted to check that it hasn't actually dropped off completely!

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    chohole said:
    robkelk said:
    Well, it's three-quarters-of-a-year later now, and can we see the images in the old forum threads yet?

No. :down:

The 'Log In' link from the old forum still just gives a 404 error. Being logged in via the DAZ site still doesn't make a jot of difference.

Does anybody still care... ???

I care - there's a freebie in the old Platinum Club forum that I want to download. (Yes, I was and still am a Platinum Club member.)

IS it not in this list

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8880/

Nope. It's "Ballroom Queen," Andolaurina's contribution to the 2010 Platinum Club Challenge, and it was available at http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=2563716#2563716 . The zip file is on Andolaurina's website, but the password isn't...

Maybe PM Andolaurina?

D'oh!

PM sent, asking whether Andolaurina could post the password to the new MO forum...

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

I was going to ask about this a couple of days ago, but figured it was not worth starting a new thread for...

I can't seem to access anything older then 5 pages before the site change date... is it me or is that the way it is now?
    This seems to be the same for all the forums I visited... commons, freepozitory, view my posts, new users forum... etc.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2013

I have just tried and was able to go back to Page 443 in the freepository (the first page of the freezie that is) using the page numbers at the top of the forum. I did only try the one forum

Post edited by Chohole on
  • andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Hi there! I got rob's PM. I've forgotten the password myself - LOL. But I have the files. So, I'll rezip and re-password them. When I'm done, I'll create a flashy new thread in the Members forums. :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I have just tried and was able to go back to Page 443 in the freepository (the first page of the freezie that is) using the page numbers at the top of the forum. I did only try the one forum

Thanks for checking chohole, after seeing your post, I went back and checked again.
    Now it seems I can go back further... I checked up to eight pages back in the commons and eight at the freepozitory, and I checked the last/first page (443?) at freepozitory too... it seems to work now.
    Previously I was getting "No posts exist for this topic" (or whatever that notice one gets when someone removes a post from a thread)... I would get it for anything over page 5.
    Since the post I was trying to find was about two weeks or so before the change, I tried using the page numbers, since I had no idea what day it was... I even tried several times over several days...
    Probably just some heavy traffic or server ghosts.
    I swear it happened... really... neither rum or tequila were involved in any of that either.

Probably.

I'm pretty sure...

Mostly...

Anyway, thanks for checking.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited December 1969

...I swear it happened... really... neither rum or tequila were involved in any of that either...

Perhaps it's the old forum archives themselves that went on a bender? They haven't been getting many visitors and I hear that they've been feeling very lonely and unloved! :cheese:

• andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

Hi there! I got rob's PM. I've forgotten the password myself - LOL. But I have the files. So, I'll rezip and re-password them. When I'm done, I'll create a flashy new thread in the Members forums. :)

OK, I put all the free Ballroom Queen for V4 stuff in this thread over in the Members Forum:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19339/

Enjoy! :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Thanks for checking chohole, after seeing your post, I went back and checked again.
    Now it seems I can go back further... I checked up to eight pages back in the commons and eight at the freepozitory, and I checked the last/first page (443?) at freepozitory too... it seems to work now.
    Previously I was getting "No posts exist for this topic" (or whatever that notice one gets when someone removes a post from a thread)... I would get it for anything over page 5.
    Since the post I was trying to find was about two weeks or so before the change, I tried using the page numbers, since I had no idea what day it was... I even tried several times over several days...
    Probably just some heavy traffic or server ghosts.
    I swear it happened... really... neither rum or tequila were involved in any of that either.

Probably.

I'm pretty sure...

Mostly...

Anyway, thanks for checking.

No, it isn't your imagination.
    I'll get so far and the old forum likes to just give up - or is that me? Can't remember.

It really is a shame that all of these important old posts are stuck in this super-slow, pictureless environment (you don't have to re-submit the info on how to see the images - I know now), but it's better than loosing them completely, maybe... I guess...
    What I don't get is how insufficient our new forums are. What gives with that? Daz actually paid money for this forum? Okay... I couldn't code my way out of a paper bag. But why is it that every other forum... everywhere, even free services, have better forums than this?
    This is a place that, for the most part - aside from the people who actually go to work there - exists only on the web. More... it is supposed to be catering to artists.

The old system was supposedly held together with duct tape. I feel inclined to contact Magento and send them a nice "Shame on you" letter for actually accepting money for this junk. As was mentioned slightly above, it's been over three-quarters of a year already - a forum should have better formatting capabilities than this at first launch, without anyone at Daz having to touch a thing! But that's my thoughts, and I don't know how any of this works. It does get frustrating when your trying to help people. Can't even embed videos? Wow!
    At least it gives us the ability to capitalize our letters and insert smileys.

edited December 1969

Well, at least I'm not completely crazy... 48.8% insane is still my current standard. I agree with your feelings on Magento... I personally would love to send them a years subscription of gorilla poop, but I looked into it and the logistics are difficult... apparently UPS has some sort of rules against that, and even though Yellow Freight was interested, the cost was a bit too high.
    Too bad we lost the galleries... it is surprising that a feature like that would not be available yet, given the art oriented nature of this site... Galleries not only serve to give people a place to show off their work and cement their loyalty to a product or software package, they serve to inspire and draw in more new people... to see what other ordinary folks can make with your products is far more enticing than any number of slick professional promos... it is the best type of advertisement.

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 621
    edited December 1969

Hi,

I've been trying to recover some of my material from the old forum. I saw where some of the images that were stored in the old Daz3d site are able to be read again by appending forumarchive.daz3d.com/ to the beginning of the picture reference #s.

But many of my pictures were stored in the artzone galleries. Is there any way of recovering them? puppy eyes, where's that frigging puppy eyes smilie? that ALWAYS works on forum admins! Bummer, no puppy eyes--but this looks closest :red:

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,387
    edited December 1969

I believe everything that was on Art Zone is gone

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 621
    edited December 1969

Wellll

THAT was a pretty useless smilie! Didn't work on you, at all!

Thanks for checking, Frank ;-)