-taps DAZ on the shoulder- SOLVED

agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
edited February 2013 in The Commons

Thank you DAZ, for your response to my refund issue. I'll take my EULA concerns to the appropriate thread.

Part the First:

User’s current and continued purchase, access, download, and/or use of Content, is contingent upon User’s acceptance of this EULA.

Nope. I purchased a license to use content under different terms. It's illegal to try to retroactively alter the agreement like this. Go ahead and apply these new terms to new purchases, but the old ones remain unaffected unless I actually agree to new ones. [I don't even have a problem with the new EULA, you can sure as hell bet I have a problem with the way you're choosing to implement it though. [strike]Especially since you have absolutely no right to prevent me from opting out of e-mails, removing credit card information, etcetera, should I so desire. Give me back access to my account. Thank you.[/strike]]

Part the Second: Being dealt with currently. :)

I purchased several items during the Huntsman intro sale, with the promise of an additional 60% discount on DAZ Original Fantasy content with purchase of the Huntsman. After carefully sorting through the store, picking out several items and bundles to buy along with the Huntsman, and confirming they were DAZ Original Fantasy items both by doing a category search and by using the link from the sale advertisement, I checked out.

The discount didn't apply at the time, but I went ahead with the purchase anyway because I knew support wouldn't deal with a ticket over the weekend and I didn't want to miss out on the generous offer. DAZ has always been great about dealing with glitches and returns before, so I knew I'd easily get the discount.

I put in ticket #126804 to get my refund for the difference, and the response was "Only the items that did qualify were the DAZ Originals>Fantasy category items, found here, http://www.daz3d.com/daz-originals?genre=14."

Aha! I thought. I must have used the wrong link or misunderstood the category before. Boy, did I feel silly. So I clicked through. And with a significant amount of surprise I quickly located every single one of the items I requested to get the sale discount on. I informed support the items were in fact in that category. A day later they haven't gotten back to me.

I'd like my refund of the difference, please. And I don't particularly appreciate hundreds of dollars being tied up for days over this. The discount was advertised whether or not the store was broken. I'm still sincerely hoping it will be honored as this doesn't really tie in with the excellent service I've received before. I know there's no intention to do harm here, but I need things sorted out.

Hey, I held up my end of the bargain.

For reference, the items were the Supersuit Pro Suite, the Michael 5 Pro Suite, the Victoria 5 Pro Suite, the Stephanie 5 Pro Bundle, the Tamesis Bundle, and Pure Hair: Wild for Genesis. Just in case someone else sees something I'm missing.

Post edited by agent unawares on

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Good luck on that refund. Sorry you had to go through all that mess. I never buy anything I feel has risk of refund anymore, been burned here a few times and it sucks. My advice in the future is not to bite if it's not working as you like.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,819
    edited February 2013

Hiya Agent :)

On your concerns over the new EULA, I just posted some answers in the other thread but will post them here to you as well to be sure you don't miss them:

OK I have some answers for you:

From Steve Spencer:

There have been several questions raised about the new EULA. Specifically:

- The 7 day Warranty:
    DAZ EULA's have always included a 7 day Warranty. The Warranty is different than our return policy. Our policy has not changed in this respect.

- User vs. Household licenses of software:
    DAZ EULA's have always granted a license to a single user. This is not a change. We have actually expanded the licensing by allowing multiple computers and physical locations for the user.

- Language requiring the removal of previous content if the EULA is not accepted:
    We will be revising this EULA to remove these statements.

I think that catches most of the main questions though if there are others not answered here or if you need more clarification, please let me know :)

On your ticket with support, I am sorry that there was some confusion there. As you replied to the ticket, please allow them time to re-read the matter and take another look. With the sales etc that go on here sometimes it is easy to misunderstand and more then one correspondence is needed to fully understand the request. I am sorry for the delay though. If in a day or so, you still have not heard back on your ticket, please PM me with your ticket number and I will check into it for you :)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited February 2013

Hiya Agent :)

On your concerns over the new EULA, I just posted some answers in the other thread but will post them here to you as well to be sure you don't miss them:

OK I have some answers for you:

From Steve Spencer:

There have been several questions raised about the new EULA. Specifically:

- The 7 day Warranty:
    DAZ EULA's have always included a 7 day Warranty. The Warranty is different than our return policy. Our policy has not changed in this respect.

- User vs. Household licenses of software:
    DAZ EULA's have always granted a license to a single user. This is not a change. We have actually expanded the licensing by allowing multiple computers and physical locations for the user.

- Language requiring the removal of previous content if the EULA is not accepted:
    We will be revising this EULA to remove these statements.

I think that catches most of the main questions though if there are others not answered here or if you need more clarification, please let me know :)

On your ticket with support, I am sorry that there was some confusion there. As you replied to the ticket, please allow them time to re-read the matter and take another look. With the sales etc that go on here sometimes it is easy to misunderstand and more then one correspondence is needed to fully understand the request. I am sorry for the delay though. If in a day or so, you still have not heard back on your ticket, please PM me with your ticket number and I will check into it for you :)
    Thanks very much! You guys are always helpful. :)

However, I still have a problem with being unable to access/modify my account and previously purchased items until I agree to an EULA that retroactively affects terms of use for all my purchases. Since I have a decent amount of store credit currently, which I can't use in any way without agreeing to terms that affect previous agreements, and I also have financial information linked to my account, this is coercion and frankly unacceptable. Is there a better thread to bring this up in?

EDIT: Can access my account again at least. Hurray.

EDIT: And everything else except downloads. Something's up. It better be good.

edited December 1969

Much appreciated.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,819
    edited December 1969

:) Sorry took me a sec to get back here as I am kinda running around like a chicken with no head. I did ask your question about the EULA and past purchases etc though I do know they were going to possibly change some things in the EULA (as I mentioned in the other thread) so I would wait to see how it turns out in the end to be sure that isn't something they reword or change :)

edited February 2013

Not a problem, I bet things are hectic right now. I hope it all works out; this genuinely does seem almost accidental to me. I know I'm probably coming across as ridiculously blunt but I'm just trying my best to steer clear of ambiguity here. :)

edited December 1969

Still no response from support regarding the refund. No response from DAZ regarding any of my actual concerns.

I'm starting to get a little peeved.

edited December 1969

And the refund problem got taken care of. Thanks, DAZ!. :)

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

And the refund problem got taken care of. Thanks, DAZ!. :)
    Cool, glad to hear it.