Converting Clothing From DAZ to Poser Format

Just what it says on the tin. I know there's a way of doing it. But I can't remember how to pull it off for the life of me. Any suggestions?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,032

There's a cr2 exporter in DS, is that what you were thinking about?

• OrionPax09OrionPax09 Posts: 419

That sounds right, yes.

Leana said:

There's a cr2 exporter in DS, is that what you were thinking about?

Okay, I've found the cr2 exporter. Thanks again for reminding me about it. And I've managed to export some stuff...and that's where things start going wrong again. :_(

In one case, I export something...only for one of the surface groups to completely disappear. I export something else, and the rigidity groups that I had set up in duf format are gone. Is there a guide or something I can use to help me sort out this mess?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846

If you are trying to export custom content for V4 or other Poser content then the CR2 exporter is what you want, however if it's Genesis or DS weight mapped content then you can forget about the CR2 exporter, you will have to use the DSON importer for Poser to load the DUF files into Poser.

Bejaymac said:

If you are trying to export custom content for V4 or other Poser content then the CR2 exporter is what you want, however if it's Genesis or DS weight mapped content then you can forget about the CR2 exporter, you will have to use the DSON importer for Poser to load the DUF files into Poser.

Oh...does that mean that weight maps and rigidity and so on doesn't work in Poser without the DSON importer?

• Bejaymac said:

Oh...does that mean that weight maps and rigidity and so on doesn't work in Poser without the DSON importer?

DS will export weight maps to a CR2 file (though it won't read them back in) - however, Poser doesn't support all the binding methods that DS does (that's why Geensis 3 is not Poser-compatible). Rigidity maps however are not a Poser thing and will not be palced in a CR2 so for those you do need the DSON Importer.

Okay. So...let's say, for example, I wanted to package a piece of freebie clothing for Genesis 2 and make it available on a freebie site like ShareCG. I wanted to include support files for Poser users. So how would I go about doing that? Is there a tutorial I could follow for that?

Thank you very much. That was very helpful.

Except, uh...I'm having the same problem as before. Parts of the outfit are disappearing when I create those files. Said sections have rigidity maps attached. Is there a way around this?

• Are the missing sections grouped and assigned as selection sets to a bone?

Are the missing sections grouped and assigned as selection sets to a bone?

Uh...at the risk of sounding incompetent, I'm...not sure what that means.

I can tell you that the missing sections are add-ons for the sleeves of the item in question. They are marked individually with their own Face Groups and have their own Surface.

• Do their face groups match the bones of the figure? If not Poser won't see them - this is a known issue. If you click, in DS, on the sections that don't load in Poser what happens?

Do their face groups match the bones of the figure? If not Poser won't see them - this is a known issue. If you click, in DS, on the sections that don't load in Poser what happens?

Oh, I see now. Nothing happens. Which means that the spikes don't register as being part of the sleeve. So that's why Poser didn't recognize them. Cue me feeling really stupid.

Anyway, that solves that problem. Thank you so much for being so patient with me on this.