Dynamic sheet is too wrinkled

I have the dynamic plugin and the dynamic sheet. I want it to just cover a bed, but I cannot get out the wrinkles or have the sides go dow at 90 degree angles from the top of the bed. I could probably do it in Poser's cloth room, but I want to do it in DAZ studio 8.xx. Can someone share settings for this that might work. I have tried numerous settings and can't get the look I want. Thank you. (In the line above, the word"dow" should read "down".)

Comments

• ingoingo Posts: 52

can you post an image of how it looks at present? 

to get the wrinkles out make the fabric more stiff. reduce the stretch and increase gravity (2x -4x) to pull down the sides. you also can increase the weight of the fabric.

• I have tried many combinations. Here is the least creased. I wonder if it is the settings or the dynamic sheet itself. I don't know enough about dynamic clothes to guess.

dynamic.jpg
    275 x 231 - 7K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

That looks like the cloth might be sliding in towards the middle from the ends. Try turning the friction setting up and the Bend Resistance down.

• I have tried so many combinations without much difference. Could it be the sheet and how it is constructed?

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

You could try a smoothing modifier?

• You could try a smoothing modifier?

OptiTex clothing can't be smoothed unless you convert it to a static prop first - same for DForming it.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

Then copy it (so you don't lose your place), convert a copy to static, subdivide/smooth. That's what I usually do with all dynamic stuff.

• Thank you. I will try these last few steps mentioned.

• Thank you again. It worked perfectly, better than I would have thought.