compatibility with DAZ 4.5

13»

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yes you don't that is correct...you have the freedom to put them where you want them when just saving as OBJ's.

• edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Yes you don't that is correct...you have the freedom to put them where you want them when just saving as OBJ's.

Well that's very practical especially that I downloaded from Sketchup a whole bunch of roman addons. Things begin to clarify a little. By the way Pete is there a way to know what is the precise measure of a wall for instance so as to be able to adjust its scale to the proportionate measures? Of course I can always put a figure besides as to find the actual proportion but if there is a way to know another way that could be great.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yeah I can never remember what measurement the visual floor in Daz Studio is divided by. That I would guess is the only way to measure it in Daz Studio as far as I am aware. Others may know of a way.

• edited January 2013

Szark said:
    Yeah I can never remember what measurement the visual floor in Daz Studio is divided by. That I would guess is the only way to measure it in Daz Studio as far as I am aware. Others may know of a way.

Probably Richard Halzeltine knows. I'll try to ask him. Thanks again Pete for all your help.

I've just found this here http://digilander.libero.it/maclean/DStutorial.htm

"Translation values correspond to metric values - 100.00 = 100 centimeters or 1 meter. The grid (Viewport Options> Show Floor) is divided into 1 meter squares, and can be used as a guide."

Now the guy uses The Daz Studio interface (v 1.0.1.0.1). Is this scale still the same in version 4.5? That is the question!

Post edited by jvdesuit1_582de7c548 on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Yes it is as far as I know. It was certainly 1m in DS3, and it wasn't changed that I know of, but as you say, Richard or someone else will know for sure.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited January 2013

The Import/Export size and base grid size in DS has stayed the same for compatability reasons. Grid = 1 meter.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    The Import/Export size and base grid size in DS has stayed the same for compatability reasons. Grid = 1 meter.

Thanks Jaderail; I thought so. I've just changed some scales in my scene to conform to the real measures. While I was checking the real dimensions of the pool I found this. It's an inscription on one of the walls of the Palestra of Pompeï. It's a mystery for archaeologists although one think that it is a secret message between early Christians of the town:

R O T A S

O P E R A

T E N E T

A R E P O

S A T O R

The translation of this Latin sentence is : The plowman holds with difficulty his plow.
    You can also see that you can read the text in all directions!
    Archaeologists think as a possible explanation that if you take those 25 letters and re-order them you get this:

A P O

A

T

E

R

P A T E R N O S T E R

O

S

T

E

A R O

And here you can visualize the Christian cross with "Pater Noster" in the middle. Remains 2 A's and 2 O's which are not used and the idea is to refer to the fact that the Christ said "I'm the Beginning and the End" . No one is sure of course.

All this has not much to do with 3D but some diversion is not bad sometimes. This city is one of the most moving and exiting place in the world. Nothing can match this place.

• edited December 1969

Hi again,

Simple question : is it possible to transform a rectangle plane into a triangle one?
    The question may seem stupid but I need it to finish my pool...:red: