Smart content acting stupid

Smart content is acting stupid.  It is showing the content in the file section but not the products area.  I also have to have filter by context not selected.   Is there any reason for this confusion?

Comments

• Do you mean the File and Product tabs of Smart Content? That would be odd.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,385

Show a screen shot of what your talking about.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703

I will show when I get home

The smart content files show stuff but not the products tabs.

smartcontentfiles.PNG
    435 x 527 - 83K
    smartcontentproducts.PNG
    432 x 685 - 28K
  • What happens if you uncheck Filter by Context?

What happens if you uncheck Filter by Context?

Not at home but will try to check tonight when I get computer time.

I got it to work for a bit but now it does not seem to work.

• What seemed to fix it? Is it now not working in the same way as before?

• stubie128stubie128 Posts: 13
    edited March 2017

The same thing happened to me  - twice!!

The first time was during a main program update (a few weeks ago?), I updated the metadata on everything and something about re-building 'something' in one of the DAZ menu's via a pop up (Edit - Right click on Smart Content tab, Content DB Maintainance, reset database), closed the program re-opened it and it all came back except my personal user data. I had to remake all that again.

The second time was today. I installed Carrara 8.5. The 32 bit version crashed. The 64 bit version just hung with the splash screen over a blank screen. I uninstalled it. Opened Daz3D and again, nothing in smart content products, no filter, no stray text in the search box. (I can reproduce it by re-installing PostreSQL CMS via DIM, but that is not how it happened before, unless it was automatically done without my knowledge).Tried the above, no joy. I decided enough was enough. Half my stuff was downloaded via the content manager and half by the Daz Install Manager (why the hell don't they synchronise it with the content manager!!), so there was doubling up of some items. I deleted everything, and redownloaded via the content manager in Daz3D - 47GB!!It's still going. As usual, some products hanging on download, this isn't new. Daz Install Manager and Daz3D's content manager seem to be missing some things. Terradome 2 and Ultimate Morphs for TerraDome 2 Vol 01. Even though the info page says they are both content manager and DIM 'capable'. I don't know how to do the offline authorisation stuff so I guess I'm going to have to start a thread too. I have yet to try TerraDome2 even though I have Poser 10 installed.

Also what is it with this damn 'lost and found' category, sometimes it has a couple of things in it, sometimes it has everything in it.

I think y'all really need to get this dual method of downloading / synchronising sorted.

Post edited by stubie128 on