Displacement maps for HDmorphs in other apps

ok so HD morphs are DAZ studio only

only PA's can make them

only D|S can render them

its been claimed displacement is just as good so where are the maps so I can use them on Genesis 3 and clothes in iClone for example?

I use the old M4 maps and vascularity on earlier figures converted with map transfer but the UV change ended that for G3M and F, geograft fixes no good outside D|S either.

Comments

• I suppose that if someone really wanted them, they would make the maps themselves, since most folks that are likely to want the details that the morphs provide are doing so in DAZ Studio.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,819
    edited February 2017

yes that is the problem

Thousands of assets for Daz Studio3DS MaxMaya, & Poser  unless you want to use HD morphs

Post edited by Chohole on
  • oh I see they link the Alembic exporter for those second and third two, that would work

leaves me in the cold for iClone though ......

• Import your Hd model into zbrush, and bake displacements there. That's the easiest way I have found to do it. Of course, there are other ways, but I encourage you to do some research.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

there no way to do this in a DS utility?

i would spend money on hd content if i knew i could bake a bump map to use in carrara

i dont expect any creators to provide it, would be happy to do it myself if knew how.

those g3 vascular maps tantalizing >.<

the hd creature morphs

would prefer bump maps in animations rather than quadruple poly counts anyhowssmiley

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764

"oh I see they link the Alembic exporter for those
     second and third two, that would work
    leaves me in the cold for iClone though ......"

I can export my HD morphs  to C4D via the .obj/MDD option as well
    although I really have no need for HD morphs on my full clothed 
    sci fi type character animations rendered in C4D.

I understand your frustration.
    you are forced to render in Iclone because you cant export G3/G8
    BVH data back to studio where you have your HD options available.
    Until Daz fixes the BVH importer for G3/G8, you may have to do without
    HD morphs in Iclone at least.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited August 2017

Hi wolf 359, actually we can not export real HD effect to another aprication. even though we use Alembic, it never export real HD effect.

we just export usuall morph effect + sub-D.  I asked it before richard said, he think we can not, then I ask it support,  who get my question send my question to

techinical team, but no one reply it. it means actually we can not export HD effect (as same as we see in daz studio)

maybe we simply think, obj are morphed and sub-Divided , then export HD morphs. but actually it is simply export usuall morphed shape with sub-D only.

I asked support like that,, if someone confrim alembic exporter can export real HD effect, I must buy it. then need to know how it work.

(usually daz should reply, when user hope to buy and ask about product, but about this question, they never reply it)

though as same as you, I lost interesting about HD, simply because it use more memory,  just to see HD morph effect, set many render sub-D , and make my pc too slow ,  limit other texture, or geometry to render by GPU , after all we can only see the detail effect with close up render,,,  it seems non sense.  actually if I export character with many sub-D to blender, I can not pose well any more^^;

But I still hope, if daz offer vendor tool, as plug in product. (just hope to do  samething, as  hobby user)

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495
    edited September 2019

I know this is an old post but here's how to get HD morphs out of Daz and into other software.

1) set subdivison to 0

2) Export that as an OBJ.

3) Jack up the viewport subdivison as far as it'll go. This is to 3 natively, but there are ways to force it up higher.

4) Export that as an OBJ.

5) Import both into Blender

6) Bake the displacement map.

And there you go. You have your HD morphs outside of Daz.

Post edited by Psyckosama on
  • Carrara now has a HD obj import plugin thanks to Philemo yes

was all excited by notification thinking my other thead answered damn, guess I will need to figure it out myself when I get the computer 

• hfilbhfilb Posts: 61

I know this is an old post but here's how to get HD morphs out of Daz and into other software.

1) set subdivison to 0

2) Export that as an OBJ.

3) Jack up the viewport subdivison as far as it'll go. This is to 3 natively, but there are ways to force it up higher.

4) Export that as an OBJ.

5) Import both into Blender

6) Bake the displacement map.

And there you go. You have your HD morphs outside of Daz.

You mention baking a displacement map in Blender but how exactly are you doing it? AFAIK Blender Cycles doesn't support displacement map baking yet (I know it does normal maps). Could you please briefly outline the process? Thanks.