Questions about Sales

A couple of questions that appear for Daz...

1) How often do gift card sales come around? I have gotten 2 giftcard sales in about the last week. Is that pretty common? Do you pretty much have a giftcard sale on all the time or are they more rare? If they are more rare, about how often do you see them?

2) Are sales tailored to individual purchases? It seems like on at least 3 occasions when I have made a purchase from an artist, the very next day their items go on sale. Is this intentional to try and get you to buy more items or have I just got horrible luck where I buy items literally the day before they get discounted (further discounted)?

Thanks!

Comments

• I'm not DAZ.  I can tell you that while not rare, gift card sales aren't an all the time thing either.  There are times when we don't see a gift card sale for a couple of months or more.  They seem to happen more often right before one of the big sales.  March Madness is right around the corner so you're likely to see a few more gift card offers in the next few weeks.  

As for number 2, I don't think sales are tailored that much to individual purchases.  Special offers, like the Orange Banner things that some people get, are tailored to individual shopping habits.  The actual sales are just what DAZ has going on and what PAs have submitted to sell.  DAZ does try to arrange products around a theme, but not around what people buy.  Sales usually last a few days unless otherwise noted to be one day only or two days only.  Your best shopping strategy is to wait a day or two especially close to the weekends when DAZ is more likely to do special sales around some PA stores or do flash sales. 

Check Fast Grab often and don't forget to check the Freebies page in the banner on the shopping page.  'Buy' the freebies even if they are just textures for something you don't have.  At some point, the required product will be offered at a price you are willing to pay or might even end up in the free section.

If you haven't already, I highly get the Platinum Club membership when it goes on sale again.  If you get the membership low enough, it more than pays for itself with the coupons and free items you get each month.  Prices on PC+ items are great, too.  You also get a discount on new sale items when they hit the store.  Last time I had to renew my membership, I picked up the annual for under $20.  I more than got that back in savings on purchases.  

A word to the wise, though, pay with store credit or make sure you turn off the auto-renew through Paypal if you use it.  Paypal will automatically renew and send out payments despite whatever settings you have here in your DAZ account.  It's a Paypal thing and not really a DAZ thing.  I just find it easier to use store credit than Paypal for subscriptions.  Although, It is also wise to make sure you turn off the auto-renew here on your DAZ account, too.  I find it's easier and cheaper to just buy the PC+ club during a sale.  The auto-renew will renew automatically at full price which is NOT what you want to happen. 

• InkuboInkubo Posts: 744

I bought PC+, and now I have a coupon. When I click on it in the PC+ tab of my Account screen, nothing happens. Does the shop auto-apply coupons when eligible items are in the cart? If not, how do you notice when you have an applicable coupon, and then redeem it?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

If you go to the platinum club forum http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/platinum-club-members-only You will find that the bottom one of the sticky threads at the top of that forum has the PC coupon codes.  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2080/members-only-fun-and-games-and-useful-stuff-inc-monthly-coupon-info#latest

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Also if you buy something that goes on sale the next day, you can get the difference refunded. So if that's happened to you in the last 30 days contact CS.