Your cart is empty (4 items) - but you can't buy this because it's in your cart

Really? I added 4 items to my cart, then saw that (yet again) I was not logged in, so I logged in and my cart still shows 4 items, but clicking the cart icon tells me my cart is empty. If I go to the store to re-add them, it won't let me - the 'add to cart' button has a "Nope" cursor.

REALLY?

So I logged out. Nothing in my cart. Logged in. 4 items, but my cart is empty. Go to the forums - "Wait while we sign you in." Wasn't I ALREADY signed in?

Will no one EVER fix the way this site runs so poorly? Can it ever have cookies so I can remain logged in when I return and not have to go through this crap?

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

You'd have to lodge a complaint with customer support to reach the people who ar resonsible for the website. Your fellow forumites won't be able to help.

Also, that problem, if it happens, has a workaround: add another item to the cart. Things will show up after that and you can remove the item again. Not nice, but a workaround, at least.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2017

Unfortunately this is something that does heppen occasionally, when your are not fully logged in.   The two different parts of the site are run on different software,  Magento for Store,wishlist Galleries etc and Vanilla for the forum.  Just sometimes it does happen that you are logged in on the forum, but not on the store,  and so when you add items to your cart the poor store software gets confused and doesn't know who you are straight away,  which is why we say make sure you are fully logged in by clicking on the little blue man icon at the top right of the screen, and then add another random item to your cart, to jolt the sync into happening. You can always remove the item you don't want from your cart later.

I mostly try to avoid this happening by only ever logging in on the front page of the site, so both parts are logged in simultaneously. 

And yes when you see the "Logging you in now" message after having visited the Store and purchased something, or tried to purchase something  then you need need to be logged back in to the non secure, forum side of the site.  (Non secure in as much as it isn't running under secure store software, not that it is an insecure site.)

Post edited by Chohole on