New Render Information.

New to Daz3D, but figured I'd throw my 4 cents in.

Fantasy wish list for the renderer.

It used to display what it was doing as it rendered and an expanding bar showing progress. That's disappeared since the update. That's great, but I would love a quick analysis and then a  guess-timation of how long the rendering time *might* be with the current rendering settings. If not, I'd like a full clock, like time elapsed and estimated time to finish. I'm comfortable with that time updating every so often and adjusting to the number-crunching, but to have no clue is not optimal.

I'd like a HELP or more information ? on the render settings (editor and advanced) so it says "Use this to adjust..." or "Move left to edit the....or moving this right will..." I'm sure somewhere there must be documentation that explains this, but I would love that live in DAZ.

That and a 'snapshot' render that always renders in 15 seconds and gives a hint as to what the full scene would look like. Or like most apps, a preview window that works to show textures and surfaces. Like Photoshop has a small preview window. Daz could have one that fully renders small parts of your image so you get an idea.

Or even a render selected BOX. Like a small 'preview render box' that FULLY renders a small area for testing.

Comments

• Versions of DAZ Studio prior to 4.8 had only one render engine, 3Delight. 4.8 and later default to a newer PBR render engine called Iray, which does not have those features; I'm also not sure if the newer version of 3Delight that comes with Studio has those feature any more.

• avxp said:

New to Daz3D, but figured I'd throw my 4 cents in.

Fantasy wish list for the renderer.

It used to display what it was doing as it rendered and an expanding bar showing progress. That's disappeared since the update. That's great, but I would love a quick analysis and then a  guess-timation of how long the rendering time *might* be with the current rendering settings. If not, I'd like a full clock, like time elapsed and estimated time to finish. I'm comfortable with that time updating every so often and adjusting to the number-crunching, but to have no clue is not optimal.

I'd like a HELP or more information ? on the render settings (editor and advanced) so it says "Use this to adjust..." or "Move left to edit the....or moving this right will..." I'm sure somewhere there must be documentation that explains this, but I would love that live in DAZ.

That and a 'snapshot' render that always renders in 15 seconds and gives a hint as to what the full scene would look like. Or like most apps, a preview window that works to show textures and surfaces. Like Photoshop has a small preview window. Daz could have one that fully renders small parts of your image so you get an idea.

Or even a render selected BOX. Like a small 'preview render box' that FULLY renders a small area for testing.

The progress bar si still there, though you may need to bring the application window forward to see it. if you click History you will see a scrolling list of messages.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Thanks for the replies. Yes I did see the history arrows, but it says it something about iterations or renders.... Not that I know how far I've got left from that information.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,186
    edited January 2017

Iray dosn't absolutely finish - it has three end conditions, convergence, time, and samples, set in the Progeressive Rendering group of the Editor tab of the Render Settings pane. The progress bar inidcates how close it is to hitting the convergence ration since that's the one that is most nearly a quality guage; time elapsed is shown under the progress indicator; samples are listed in History.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on