Work screen gone

I don't know what I clicked,but I don't have a work base screen that you start with when you build a new scene/figures etc.( the one with the grid pattern)anymore just a blank space. It was first I lost the auxillery/scene screen that shows what you've loaded so far etc  on the upper right. Now all I have is a blank space.  How do I get back everything along with the file options for shaping, posing, sufaces,etc.? 

Comments

• TottallouTottallou Posts: 555
    edited January 2017

To get the viewport back just go to the menu under:

Window - Panes - Viewport

If there are several things missing for you then it's probably easiest to reset your workspace under:

Window - Workspace - Select Layout

Choose the layout you want from the drop down there

ws.JPG
    679 x 588 - 51K
    Post edited by Tottallou on
  • It sounds as if you have closed the viewport - you can reopen it from Window>Panes(Tabs)>Viewport and then dock it by dragging the top bar of the frame, or you can reload your layout entirely from Window>Workspace>Select Layout

• Thank you it worked. But now another problem,it's the size of a trading card it's like looking through a peep hole. How do I expandi it to work with,the same with the other features monitors,shaping,posing, etc.they're all mini sized too.  How do I put them neatly the folders filed to the right and auxil.screen and scene folder above right corner the way I had them to click on when needed?

• I'm not sure what you are seeing - please post a screenshot.

• I sorry but I don't know how to snapshot the work screen. Well imagine the viewport pane the size of the image with the dressed morph figure you posted, in the middle of a blank grey space. It will open up to the "full screen" which I don't want because it swallows up everything smart content,product library folders etc.,taking up the whole screen by the viewport and have trouble getting out (or don't know how to) without having to restart the pc to make it get me out by closing the Daz program and start over. What do I click to open up in that space?

• If you are on Windows you can use the PrintScreen (PrtScr, perhaps) button on the keyboard to take a full screenshot, then paste it from the clipboard into an image editor, or you can on Windows 7+ use the Snipping tool to take and save a screenshot or all or part of the screen.

• This is what I get on my screen when I click on the Pane tabs. That's all the size of a viewport I get,not much to work on. How do I make it open up a little bigger without clicking the full screen?

PC Image.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 143K
  • You probably want to dock it  -drag by the top edge of the frame to the top of the empty space until you see a line of the highlight colour appear, then release the mouse button.

Since you are using Wndows 10 you can use the Snipping Tool to take a screenshot, rather than using a camera.