V4.2 DAZ Studio install via DIM problems

Hello all,

I have been using Poser since P5, but when DAZ came out with G3 and did the whole IRay thing, I just had to move to DAZ studio, even though I find "posing" in Poser so much more intuitive. (and I'm still waiting for Pascal IRay support.  Come on NVidia!!)  My all time favorite character is based on V4.2 and I am trying to convert her to G3F.  My current workflow is incredibly cumbersome, exporting my character as a raw OBJ from Poser to DAZ with all custom mat zones etc.  I am trying to install V4.2 base (for starters) and my downloads section has 3 DIM files (v4.2 base, v4.2 base Studio CF, and 4.2 base Power Loader) but when DIM installs these I don't find V4 in my content library.  (Wrong order maybe?)  When I search the intalled file locations, they are all (except a few MATs and poses) in the default Poser file structure, not DAZ Studio's file structure.  I have successfully intalled many G3 assets with no problems.  Any suggestions?  Let me know if you need any more info about my setup.

Thanks!

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,361

Which category are you looking in Poser Format or Daz Studio format? V4 is in the Poser format

• That comment fixed my problem!  Thank you.

Made a new Runtime directory in DAZ under Poser formats.  IM installed to new Runtime.  DONE!  :)  Works great.

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

And more good news, NVidia supports Pascal Iray now. Just have to make sure you're using the latest version of Daz Studio.