Vimana Flying Machine

myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 572
edited December 2012 in The Commons

anyone know where the poser chatacter files are?

Post edited by myotherworld on

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 2012

Sorry wrong info so I deleted it

Post edited by Szark on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

They should be in Figures: Vimana

• MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

I want to get this when I am out of debt. It looks so damn cool and I love mythical stuff like this modernized. I have the original Vimana from days past. :D

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

They should be in Figures: Vimana

yes thats what I was thinking too.
    but its not
    what should be and what is dont apply to Daz these days.
    i have looked at the files and it looks like the wrong files are in the poser download (AGAIN)
  • wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

The pose files for genesis are there, the character file for the figure is missing
    I installed all three, butthere is nothing there for poser

• mnpalamnpala Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

I'm having exactly the same problem on my PC. I've even tried downloading the Mac version in the hope the Mac version would have the files and that doesn't either.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,319
    edited January 2013

mnpala said:
    I'm having exactly the same problem on my PC. I've even tried downloading the Mac version in the hope the Mac version would have the files and that doesn't either.
    This wouldn't help. I have the same issues on my Mac. I installed Vimana two times today, but it seems that the files are corrupt. Or it is the same thing as with the 'Walkers for Genesis': In the shop they write that this item is 'for DS 4.5 and DS 4' while it is a DS 4.5 product... I would like DAZ to explain or fix it soon. Happy New Year. >:(
    Post edited by caravelle on
  • wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

Or has DAZ's QA team again decided to remove the PCF files because it did not meet their unknown qualtity standards without informing anyone?

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,603
    edited January 2013

I had the same problem. I tried installing the poser installer into an empty directory and found it was only installing the Daz Studio files. I looked more carefully and saw the dpc and the trx installers were exactly the same size.

I think the poser installer is just a copy of the Daz Studio installer with the wrong file name. Any idea when they finish their new year break?

Post edited by Peter Wade on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

DAZ should be back in office tomorrow.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited January 2013

I had the same problem. I tried installing the poser installer into an empty directory and found it was only installing the Daz Studio files. I looked more carefully and saw the dpc and the trx installers were exactly the same size.

I think the poser installer is just a copy of the Daz Studio installer with the wrong file name. Any idea when they finish their new year break?

File size isn't necessarily a perfect indicator, usually a good one, but not always...if you can and have both files, try running an MD5 checksum on them. If you don't have a utility that will do it, most optical disk burning software has the capability...

It makes reporting this kind of bug easier when you can say, "Hey, I've got checksums on both the files and they match.", especially when it's pretty obvious that they shouldn't be matching.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • edited December 1969

I am so happy to have wasted 30 minutes on this product to only find this thread on PAGE 2!

The downloader for Poser is all f'd up.

edited December 1969

Why do all the newer postings disappear from this thread? At least two vanished, though they were not at all offensive or in other ways against the forum rules - just critical. And with this little trick, this thread falls back to s. 4,5,6... Not fair, and not at all confident, DAZ. BTW, there are the same issues with 'Epic Wings' as with 'Vimana'. Maybe DAZ should throw away all those useless installers.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The only posts that were removed were posts that were made purely for the prupose of bumping the thred back onto the front page of the forum without saying anything.

Bump posts are routinely removed, always have been.

edited December 1969

If this thread was an ad I would say ok, but from those frequent repostings one can see that people really have a problem they want to bring forward. At least DAZ should say anything, the more as other products (like the 'Wings' I bought today) seem to have the same issues. I think something is wrong with the installers. I wrote to DAZ today and am waiting for an answer.

edited December 1969

If you are having an issue with the pack you need to contact DAZ directly by submitting a support ticket. They do not monitor the forums and the general users can't fix your problem.

• edited January 2013

chohole said:
    The only posts that were removed were posts that were made purely for the prupose of bumping the thred back onto the front page of the forum without saying anything.

Bump posts are routinely removed, always have been.

I bumped it because no one addressed my issue.

I have spent a lot of money here over the years. I don't post just for the hell of it. If I'm here there is something wrong. So please don't remove my posts. I want to use this product and....well.....I can't. I came here seeing if there were:

A) other users with issues
    B) a solution I wasn't aware of before I got into Trouble Ticket chaos.

Post edited by darkguyver1994_a1285f4265 on
    edited December 1969

Using the forums to report problems isn't going to get the problem fixed. A support ticket has to be submitted.

• edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Using the forums to report problems isn't going to get the problem fixed. A support ticket has to be submitted.

As someone who teaches college business classes....I can tell you right now that DAZ not checking their own forums, or having Mods that don't pass along issues in monthly or weekly meetings is bad communication. Why even have a forum if they aren't checking it?

And I will give DAZ a break here. Stuff is still changing and I know there will always be bumps.

edited January 2013

I can understand that. We do pass on a lot of stuff to DAZ on a daily basis but it is always good to submit a ticket so they have an actual report they can go off of. Reports contain information about the users system that can be helpful to them if the info is needed.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,603
    edited January 2013

I just re-downloaded the Poser installer (not the Poser companion) and this time I got an installer that works and does install the Poser files.

One minor glitch, it puts the figure and pose files into Petipet\Vimana\ and not just Vimana\ like the readme says, but the readmes often seem to wrong these days.

Post edited by Peter Wade on
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,815
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much for reporting this issue to us...at this time I do believe (as the previous poster mentioned) the issue has been resolved. On the read me, I will certainly let them know it needs adjusted to reflect the file location difference :)

• edited December 1969

Thanks so much for reporting this issue to us...at this time I do believe (as the previous poster mentioned) the issue has been resolved. On the read me, I will certainly let them know it needs adjusted to reflect the file location difference :)

Thanx!

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,815
    edited December 1969

Thanx!

You're more then welcome though it was the moderation staff that reported the issue and followed up to be sure it all got resolved :). The delay was due to the holidays sadly, which I greatly apologize for. I realize how frustrating it can be when you buy something and then it is missing bits or isn't functioning and you can't seem to get any answers on it. :( I am very sorry for the delay.

That said, as Frank mentioned, it is always good to put in a ticket as well so that there is a paper trail as well as a way for tech support to ask additional questions as necessary. Sadly sometimes going through a middle man can cause additional confusion or time as the message goes from one person to the next which is why we still ask you to please submit a ticket, we certainly don't want you to feel we at DAZ3D don't pay attention though or that the moderation staff doesn't pass on concerns by our members to be sure we don't miss them :) I am sorry if that was the impression you were left with but I can assure you the moderation staff is very good about taking care of the members here in the forums and making sure problems get addressed :)

edited January 2013

It works!! Thank you! And Vimana is just great!! Absolutely exciting. Wow! Thank you, petipet!

Post edited by caravelle on