Who knows how to flip a morph in Zbrush, Not mirror please.

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
edited December 2012 in The Commons

Ignore..I figured it out. Zbrush has a brain after all lol.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Care to share?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 2012

I lost the store morph target on Genesis while making a morph, But then I realized if I load a default genesis, click save store MT and import the obj with a morph on one side, it still remembers the Store MT data from the original:) This means I can mask and restore and transfer morphs by smart resym. I take it you want the workflow lol..I was rambling about my original post which I deleted. The workflow is as follows

open mesh
    store morph target
    make morph on one side
    mask that side
    export

to make a flip morph

click smart resym
    now mask other half
    go to morph target and adjust dial till original state is on the other side
    Export.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Wow, thanks!
    Are you working through GoZ or just with regular import/exports?

edited December 1969

I use a combination of Both. Mainly GoZ for tweaks on mophs, and just choose the zbrush morph in Daz I am happy with from GoZ:)

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    I use a combination of Both. Mainly GoZ for tweaks on mophs, and just choose the zbrush morph in Daz I am happy with from GoZ:)

Nice to hear! :)
    Does GoZ work for you with ZBrush 4r5?
    edited December 2012

Not yet tried it. I will update when I am not busy. Can't afford to have it die on me now if something goes wrong during update. Still on R4.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • RorrKonnRorrKonn Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

Apparently the upgrade brakes GoZ .
    So best bet is full installation.

Guess you know about transform / active symmetry

edited December 2012

Active symmetry makes what you do on the one side apply to the other. It is not the same as taking a morph from one side, and swapping it to the other. Symmetry makes one mirrored morph. I needed them seperate on both sides so they can be dialled up seperately. EG I can control a muscle bulge morph on each arm instead of at once on both. Good thing I didnt update then lol. I need my GoZ working perfectly.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • RorrKonnRorrKonn Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Active symmetry makes what you do on the one side apply to the other. It is not the same as taking a morph from one side, and swapping it to the other. Symmetry makes one mirrored morph. I needed them seperate on both sides so they can be dialled up seperately. EG I can control a muscle bulge morph on each arm instead of at once on both. Good thing I didnt update then lol. I need my GoZ working perfectly.

Genesis mesh is not mirrored 100%.
    something about vertices count left to right is different ,I think.
    on the forearms ,I think.
    might cause problems.