Triax Mapping bug or not?

bringhobringho Posts: 239
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I like the idea of Triax weighting.

It works well for joint rotate, but for some reason the bulge mapping just works partially it seems.

Can someone explain why the bulge maps save ok but only some the values entered with the property sliders save as entered?

Also, when the said parameters are edited in a text editor, some values are accepted at load time but others are glowing white as if they were changed by hand after loading. Smells like a bug to me but???

Two images attached to illustrate.

I'm off to create morphs in my modeller now...

rFoot.PNG
538 x 410 - 29K
lFoot.PNG
538 x 416 - 23K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

Did you memorise the figure, from the Toll settings pane option menu with the Joint Editor active, after setting up your bulges?

• bringhobringho Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

No.

I was looking for a way to memorise the changes I made but then I remembered that I did NOT have to memorize the changes made to the rotation mapping so I figured that I did not need to memorize the bulges either...

I'll try that, thanks! :-)

• bringhobringho Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

Did you memorise the figure, from the Toll settings pane option menu with the Joint Editor active, after setting up your bulges?

Now I have tried to memorize the figure and for some reason the Z Rotation Bulge still does not "stick"...

Here are my findings after some more testing:

I've checked the .dsf files and the figures I want to save are NOT saved.

When edit the figures I want into the files, restart DS and load my figure the parameters seem to be reset to some kind of default value:
    ZBulgeLeft Pos = 7.00, Neg = -7.00
    ZBulgeRightNeg = -10.00, Pos = 4.00

If I edit these figures to what I've entered in the .dsf file all numbers become gray in the panel except the ZBulgeLeft Neg that is presented with 4 decimals (!) -0.0100...

If I instead go directly to the Joint Editor and memorize these (default ?) values they turn grey (i.e. they are memorized) but if I change any parameter up or down even 1 unit they won't memorize..

Finally, If I edit the parameters back to the numbers above and try to memorize the same numbers in the Joint Editor they will stay white (i.e. they are NOT memorized) even though they are exactly the same numbers as they are presented in the Weight Map Brush Panel...

So what do I try next?