Cart on the Fritz for Pretty3D

I've got the new Pretty3D Let's Go outfit in my cart along with 4 other Pretty3D items.  I'm getting the 45% off for buying a New Release, but not the advertised 50% stacking discount.  So, my total is twice what it should be.  Anyway, just wanted to let the cart programmers know.

Comments

• Yeah, everything just went bonkers. This is the second time I've dumped my cart in the past day. I really wish that DAZ would fix this issue. It's costing them sales.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Yeah, the most it will come off for me is 45% off. Even with like 7+ of Pretty3D's items in the cart and a couple new releases. Not much of a deal, IMO. 

• I waited up just to see what deals were at Daz Midnight (1:15AM here).  I already own several Pretty3D outfits Fantasy Warrior, School Girl for G3, School Girl for G2...and some others that I've forgotten the names of...LOL

I'm probably better off not spending any more cash.  So, maybe they're doing me a favor.  I would've pulled the trigger at $32 but not at $65.  We'll see what happens.

None of the Featured Artists Catalogs from the 3D Unverse sale are getting their promised 50% discount with a new release.

• Yeah, the most it will come off for me is 45% off. Even with like 7+ of Pretty3D's items in the cart and a couple new releases. Not much of a deal, IMO. 

I won't say that the prices are bad, exactly.  Obviously, this is good stuff.  I've always liked Pretty3D's style and use of their standard model character to sell the clothes.  It's like they have their own Vanna White...if Vanna were an adult film star, of course...LOL

But, it's difficult to think of $9-10 an outfit as being a great deal right after seeing most items in my cart for under $5 over the past month.  I have to really want an item to buy it after my big November and December spending spree.

None of the Featured Artists Catalogs from the Free Starter Bundles for Your Holiday Break sale are working getting their promised 50% discount with a new release either. 

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,075

Cart issues and pricing issues are pretty much a fact of life in the first hour after new items go live in the store - and the OP is just 34 minutes after go-live. It just doesn't usually pay to try actually checking out in this window.

• None of the Featured Artists Catalogs from the 3D Unverse sale are getting their promised 50% discount with a new release.

Considering all the cart glitches over the past 3 weeks, I'm amazed that they're even attempting some of these add on sales.  Honestly, they could just drop the featured artists to 80% off and have no trouble getting people to put 5 or more items in their cart.  Nothing has been quite so screwy as the Egyptian Mega Bundle.  At the beginning of the month, I had it in cart for $8 (real sale, not a glitch).  At one point about  6 months ago, it was in Fast Grab for under $7!  I don't remember why I didn't buy it then...probably had no money.  But, that is just one example of prices that have swung all over the place in the last few months.  I had it in my cart on a couple of occasions for $13.  But then something odd would happen and it wouldn't discount past $50.  I had similar issues with the As You Wish bundle.  I kept missing it at the best price.  I really only want the Harem Girl outfit and maybe the poses.  The bundle's usually priced at a discount that is almost the same as buying just the Harem outfit.  So, I kept my eye on it.  But, it never got the proper discount before the sale ended.  It stuck at $30 in my cart no matter what the banners said.  It should have been around $11-13.  Oh well...next sale, I'll look for it. :)  I've got to stop spending so much time shopping on Daz...LOL

Yeah, the most it will come off for me is 45% off. Even with like 7+ of Pretty3D's items in the cart and a couple new releases. Not much of a deal, IMO. 

I won't say that the prices are bad, exactly.  Obviously, this is good stuff.  I've always liked Pretty3D's style and use of their standard model character to sell the clothes.  It's like they have their own Vanna White...if Vanna were an adult film star, of course...LOL

But, it's difficult to think of $9-10 an outfit as being a great deal right after seeing most items in my cart for under $5 over the past month.  I have to really want an item to buy it after my big November and December spending spree.

I've only been doing 3D art for about 9 or 10 months or so but if Daz had taught me anything in that time it's that it's not worth it to buy at anything less than 60% off. lol Unless it's a new release that you just HAVE TO HAVE. haha They just have too many great sales here to warrant, for me at least, spending money on older items at only 45% off. That's just been my experience though. :)

• namffuak said:

Cart issues and pricing issues are pretty much a fact of life in the first hour after new items go live in the store - and the OP is just 34 minutes after go-live. It just doesn't usually pay to try actually checking out in this window.

I'll grant you that.  But, some of these sale glitches are days and even weeks old...at least until the banner runs out.

• Of course, the biggest question is, "Why make it live without enough time to test that everything works?"  I mean, couldn't you run the cart off line for an hour to test that all the discounts work, then post it when it's all good?  I'm not saying that it's that simple.  It just seems like it should be.

• Yeah, the most it will come off for me is 45% off. Even with like 7+ of Pretty3D's items in the cart and a couple new releases. Not much of a deal, IMO. 

I've only been doing 3D art for about 9 or 10 months or so but if Daz had taught me anything in that time it's that it's not worth it to buy at anything less than 60% off. lol Unless it's a new release that you just HAVE TO HAVE. haha They just have too many great sales here to warrant, for me at least, spending money on older items at only 45% off. That's just been my experience though. :)

I totally agree.  It has to be a pretty amazing item for me to buy anything Genesis or V4 for more than a dollar or two.  I mean, I just don't use my V4 stuff much at all.  I keep thinking that I'm going to get it all updated and set up as Iray textured.  But most of the time, I don't get around to it, and just use the G3 or G2 clothes.  I'm even concerned now that G4 will be soon around the corner and I'll have a whole other collection to buy....not that conforming clothes won't work, but that usually the coolest stuff is for the latest model...And who knows what the next big rendering engine will be?

• LOL...I just refreshed my cart and it went up by a dollar...not exactly the direction I was hoping for it to go. :)

• Ah well, g'night all...I'll try it again in a few hours. :)

• I've added 4 items (all the same ones) in different orders and got different prices! None which are near the right sale price.
  • ArtisanSArtisanS Posts: 209

I read that just before midnight on the 31 of december there was a major mallfunction causing a lot of stuff to be sold at 95 percent discount......maybe some whizzkid at daz is having a rough new years weekend trying to make chocolate of the huge amount of discounts that are stacking and not stacking.......succes dude or dudete......keep your calm and sort things out one misshap at the time.

Greets, ArtisanS

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

This has been reported.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,610

DAZ shot themselves in the foot with all the great discounts they have been having lately. used to be that 50% was a good deal and many waited for that kind of discount, but as your statement proves, there are probably many others that have gotten used to the deeper discounts to where 50% off isn't much of an incentive any more. Seems it all started with the 60% off Flash sales not to long ago and users got used to them.

Can't imagine what users will do if DAZ goes back to the old 50% off sales only, LOL.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938

most were 40% off and it said an extra 50% off so assummed more too.

• My 1 TB runtime can wait a few hours for the problem to be fixed...

• ServantServant Posts: 758

DAZ shot themselves in the foot with all the great discounts they have been having lately. used to be that 50% was a good deal and many waited for that kind of discount, but as your statement proves, there are probably many others that have gotten used to the deeper discounts to where 50% off isn't much of an incentive any more. Seems it all started with the 60% off Flash sales not to long ago and users got used to them.

Can't imagine what users will do if DAZ goes back to the old 50% off sales only, LOL.

It will probably take a little time to get used to the norm again. And 50% is still waaaay better than other sites which appear to max out at 30% (unless a PA has a special sale to stack with) with only a 2-3 day window. And the quality of the products here by comparison is still worth the admission price. Maybe a couple of months for the adjustment period (Of course March Madness will be along by then, so...)

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

Buy, like they used to. LOL Well, I will anyway, if it's something I really want ;).

Laurie

• Looks like it works fine now. :)

edited January 2017

Looks like it works fine now. :)

Yep, only took them 12 hours to fix too. lol

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Arrrgh, the All Artist 50% off banner just dropped off.  So much for the other two non new releases I was going for.  I'll just have to put them in the wish list for now.  At least, I can pick up some cool Pretty3D stuff for now.

divamakeup, I like your avatar.  Which character is that...or did you sculpt it yourself?

edited January 2017

divamakeup, I like your avatar.  Which character is that...or did you sculpt it yourself?

Thank you! I'm glad you like her! :D I named her Athyn and she's my muse! heheh She's a custom dialed character with about 60 morphs dialed in, including 7 freebie characters and 3 bought ones. Along with a custom skin texture I made from combining two different character's skin textures and hand painted displacement maps. She took me quite a while, but I enjoyed customizing her and I learned a lot. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  •  

Thank you! I'm glad you like her! :D I named her Athyn and she's my muse! heheh She's a custom dialed character with about 60 morphs dialed in, including 7 freebie characters and 3 bought ones. Along with a custom skin texture I made from combining two different character's skin textures and hand painted displacement maps. She took me quite a while, but I enjoyed customizing her and I learned a lot. :)

Very nicely done!

• Oh dang...Pretty3D cart screwed up again.   Here, I was almost ready to check out.  Now, it's lost the 45% Featured Artist discount.  Cart jumped from $32 to $38.

• This seems to be working now.