Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,930
    edited January 2017

to hot to go to the studio tonight...

I lit up k4's face with surface replicated miniature bulbs (replicated to his face) , gave his skin a 95 alpha and a minimal glow while looking for ss 

Post edited by Headwax on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,945

wow very arty indeed Headwax

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,140

Head Wax - very original - you're on a very creative roll at the moment!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,930
    edited January 2017

Thank you Wendy and PhilW :). I was supposed to be heading to my painting studio but it was abou 40 degrees inside I which means acrylic pains dry faster than you can mix them.,. Replicating miniature bulbs  with minimal throw range on the skin is something I will explore a little more , gives a more dirty look plus surprises ... make that paints ! iPad s are a pain! 

Post edited by Headwax on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,250
    Stezza said:

sure is dart.. even nicer when you get up close to it.. it is based at the HARS museum ( still flying ) not far from me.. My bro-in-law is one of many that looks after it and many other historical flying machines. smiley

head wax said:
    Stezza said:

Consolidated PBY-6A Catalina on Reconnaissance

nice image Stezza. love those clouds. Are they Carrara c;louds or PS clouds?

Wow! That is one lovely aircraft!!! Nice render! yes

My Dad and I are reminiscing on cool aircraft quite a bit these days. 

Just at our Christmas get-together, he lent me his weighty tome on the Lockhead P2V Neptune

An enemy submarine hunter specialty aircraft, the book is awesome and also includes a registry of where all existing Neptunes are kept to date! Pretty cool, and just goes to show how revered these amazing vehicles are.

edited January 2017

You said it, Wendy! Wow is that ever cool, HW!

On a much less interesting note, 

I was messing with petipet's new Sci Fi Corridors A kit - wow is this thing nice! The pieces work together very nicely to create some really interesting tunnels and passageways - even with stairs!

This is the !Preload, which is a nice exploration of the kit pieces all put together into a really neat little set. I used the texture maps with _m suffix, which I think determines how metallic the material should behave, in the reflection channel. Not quite right, but fun!

This first image is rendered without reflections

This one has reflections turned on, and Glare scene filter, using its default settings

No post work and no atmospherics - just setting up main lights and shaders.

I'll be redoing the shaders, however.

SF Corridors A1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 307K
    SF Corridors A1Glare.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 437K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,859
    edited January 2017

The Neptune is Awesome, there are several at the HARS museum.. My old man flew Hurricanes during WWII along with other awesome planes so a lot of talk about planes was had around the table many a night up to when he departed this world..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duIJSnGY3XQ

Stezza said:

sure is dart.. even nicer when you get up close to it.. it is based at the HARS museum ( still flying ) not far from me.. My bro-in-law is one of many that looks after it and many other historical flying machines. smiley

head wax said:
    Stezza said:

Consolidated PBY-6A Catalina on Reconnaissance

nice image Stezza. love those clouds. Are they Carrara c;louds or PS clouds?

Wow! That is one lovely aircraft!!! Nice render! yes

My Dad and I are reminiscing on cool aircraft quite a bit these days. 

Just at our Christmas get-together, he lent me his weighty tome on the Lockhead P2V Neptune

An enemy submarine hunter specialty aircraft, the book is awesome and also includes a registry of where all existing Neptunes are kept to date! Pretty cool, and just goes to show how revered these amazing vehicles are.

Neptunes.jpg
    800 x 325 - 197K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited January 2017

I salute you Father. True Hero!

My Dad wasn't a pilot, but was with the Blue Angels in the Navy. He had to jump out of a lot of planes! :)

I never realized how many experimental specialty planes were made for the Navy. Crazy-cool stuff!

Speaking of Blue Angels, they're coming to the EAA Fly-In in Oshkosk this year! We're going... you coming? Come on... it's the Blue Freaking Angels!!

Post edited by Chohole on
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited January 2017

I will take SNOWBIRDS over Blue Angels any day.

http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/en/snowbirds/index.page

Post edited by chickenman on

Roulettes Rulez yes

Our Air Show is beginning of May

Being that my Father was in the Blue Angels, I'm a bit biassed ;)  But I'm also a big fan of the Christian Eagles yes

yes +1

edited January 2017

Rosie 6 for Genesis 2 Female

Okay, so I recently got Belle 6 for making my new Genesis 2 Female version of my Rosie action hero, which was working pretty well - yet something was still amiss. When I got Belle 6, one of those suggestions that pop up as I'm adding to the cart, which I usually ignore, was Elize for Belle 6, by Sabby and Seven, and it really looked a LOT like what I want except for some of the shaping, but the textures... yeah... I like them. I didn't think I'd use Elize's body shape, but when I dialled it up a bit I changed my mind. So I did end up using more of Elize's morphs that I had originally expected. Hmmm... I don't even recall the new recipe of shape dials.

Still using Arki's EYEdeas 3+. I just can't seem to get Genesis' eyes looking anywhere close to what these can do - but that's likely from me just being so used to using these now - shader-wise. I'm still messing with these particular shaders, however.

I did a little reshaping of the hair, but a whole new hair product for her is in the works - made just for Genesis 2 Female.

Mix n' Match approach to her Mystic Sorceress Fighter attire using Red Talon boots and arms, V4's Kazai skirt and belts, Arena Spectacle bra armor, lightly covered with the top from Grecian Goddess - all of which will still be getting massive shader tweaks.

Her face shape is getting very close, but still not quite there.

Man, these new character sets are really cool. I know Genesis 3 is even newer, but these Genesis 2 figure kits are really neat! I haven't been playing with them much yet. Just monkeying around here and there. 

Just check out what they say about Belle 6

Look out boys, there’s a new girl in town who's looking to steal your hearts away. Meet Belle, an adorable, outgoing teenage girl who loves nothing more than texting her friends about every single thing she can think of. When she's not LOLing and taking selfies, she can often be seen spending time with her friends in the park.

With a small frame and beautifully striking features, Belle lives up to her name. Leverage the capabilities of Genesis to combine your favorite Genesis 2 Female characters' features and give her the perfect look for any of your scenes. Whether you want to see her become the beacon of hope for an oppressed civilization, or a screaming teenage drama queen, Belle has the qualities to enhance your renders.

Belle 6 measurements courtesy of Measure Metrics for DAZ Studio:

• Height: 5'4" (162.56 cm)
    • Chest Circumference: 31.4" (79.8 cm)
    • Waist Circumference: 22.1" (56.1 cm)
    • Low Hip Circumference: 33.6" (85.3 cm)

I used the Height full body morph to bring her down even lower to 5' 2" - she's little next to Dartanbeck! :)

Doc2.jpg
    346 x 704 - 66K
    Doc1.jpg
    761 x 720 - 148K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • PetipetPetipet Posts: 103

I was messing with petipet's new Sci Fi Corridors A kit - wow is this thing nice! The pieces work together very nicely to create some really interesting tunnels and passageways - even with stairs!

This is the !Preload, which is a nice exploration of the kit pieces all put together into a really neat little set. I used the texture maps with _m suffix, which I think determines how metallic the material should behave, in the reflection channel. Not quite right, but fun!

This one has reflections turned on, and Glare scene filter, using its default settings

Hi, the map metallic must be loaded  material in paired with roughness card. Index (_r)

for all you aviators I saw there are a bunch of vanishingpoint and digimation models in clearance at Rendo

that black triangle looks intriguing ... thanks Wendy smiley

Petipet said:

Hi, the map metallic must be loaded  material in paired with roughness card. Index (_r)

Wow! My hero!

Petro, I love your work. I have a rather fine collection of your store! 

Yeah, I'm still using the older non-pbr render engine, so I mess with the maps in different ways. So white must equal totally smooth or shiny... so in the reflection channel, it makes it more reflective. 

Usually I put in in the Shininess channel instead, which is like the roughness - so is more accurate, which is what I'll be doing with these shaders ;)

Thanks for the response! Love your work!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I add a multiplier to the reflection channel when I put the metallic map in, then I can dial it down to something sensible (generally between around 20-60%, depending on the material. Roughness doesn't quite translate to shininess. Sometimes it's a good approximation, others not. Sometimes inverting it (= glossiness) looks pretty good. Mostly it's a matter of playing around on a case by case basis and seeing what looks good. Depends a lot on the lighting too..

Love the extra glare in your second picture. Really gives a feel of a slightly oily, hazy atmosphere ("Darn it the atmo recyclers are on the fritz again!") smiley

• TGS808TGS808 Posts: 168
    edited January 2017
    PhilW said:

Brian has it right - it was a big show here in the UK, I'm surprised that it doesn't seem as well known in the States? 

Westworld is extremely well known in the States. 

Post edited by TGS808 on

I add a multiplier to the reflection channel when I put the metallic map in, then I can dial it down to something sensible (generally between around 20-60%, depending on the material. Roughness doesn't quite translate to shininess. Sometimes it's a good approximation, others not. Sometimes inverting it (= glossiness) looks pretty good. Mostly it's a matter of playing around on a case by case basis and seeing what looks good. Depends a lot on the lighting too..

Love the extra glare in your second picture. Really gives a feel of a slightly oily, hazy atmosphere ("Darn it the atmo recyclers are on the fritz again!") smiley

Don't need no stinking multiplier 'cuz we gots a brightness slider under the map! Just slide that to 20 - 6- for the same effect! ;)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that "Metal-ness" in PBR terminology represents how smooth the surface is supposed to be. 100 or white is very smooth and dense, while black is rough and porous, kind of thing. I don't use PBR so haven't done a lot of studying on it yet, but that's how they were explaining it in 'simple' terms ;)

for all you aviators I saw there are a bunch of vanishingpoint and digimation models in clearance at Rendo

Very cool stuff! Lot's of awesome airplanes! ;)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Don't need no stinking multiplier 'cuz we gots a brightness slider under the map! Just slide that to 20 - 6- for the same effect! ;)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that "Metal-ness" in PBR terminology represents how smooth the surface is supposed to be. 100 or white is very smooth and dense, while black is rough and porous, kind of thing. I don't use PBR so haven't done a lot of studying on it yet, but that's how they were explaining it in 'simple' terms ;)

Ooh, well ain't I a ninny for not noticing that before!

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496

The metallic map is just whether it is metal or not (for example, on the maps exported from Substance Painter: black = non-metal, white = metal).  If it IS metallic then the relfectivity amount and color is contained in the color map.  Also, if using the roughness map in the Highlight or Shininess channel you also need to invert it.  The map has white as rough and black as smooth and we need the opposite in Carrara.  See here for more detail: https://forum.allegorithmic.com/index.php?topic=3243.0.

• TGS808 said:
    PhilW said:

Brian has it right - it was a big show here in the UK, I'm surprised that it doesn't seem as well known in the States? 

Westworld is extremely well known in the States. 

Quite popular actually, if you have HBO, I do not (I only do streaming: Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime).

I would really like to see it though smiley

• pimpypimpy Posts: 274

An old work I made it using Carrara 8 pro - Model used is Free Robin
    by AdamThwaites – for this work there's a little postwork (Gimp)

winter_morning2.jpg
    2000 x 867 - 1M
    edited January 2017

Fantastic!

Post edited by Chohole on
  • MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited January 2017

I realized this morning that I hadn't posted any Carrara renders lately, so here's one I just made today.  Just a weird random thought I had the other day at work. laugh

Modelled in Carrara, apples textured in Substance Painter, Carrara native render with some color toning in Photoshop.

MoreCoresFinal.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 994K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on

laugh 

a silly video I tossed up today cheeky

Wow. Very cool. Totally gave me the creeps... her facial spasms... very cool indeed! Music added a lot to the creepy feeling!

This discussion has been closed.