Genesis 4 Female Body

bryanll1bryanll1 Posts: 141
edited December 2016 in Product Suggestions

Please DAZ, when you release the Genesis 4 female, make the body torso smooth.  To morph in rib and ab definition is much easier than morphing these details out.  In fact, morphing them out is pure hell.

Post edited by bryanll1 on

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

They're usually in HD no?

I'd like the option to dial in HD in separate parts; legs, arms, stomach, chest, nect etc. They'd be worth the cost to me then, atm I consider em way too much.

• Lmao Genesis 4 aint coming for a couple years, i dont know why people are acting like its coming this year, Daz is incredibly slow in releasing software 

• Lmao Genesis 4 aint coming for a couple years, i dont know why people are acting like its coming this year, Daz is incredibly slow in releasing software 

Ay least the last two itinerations of the Genesis line have been released two years apart and we are coming up on that timeframe (Genesis 3 Female was released in early 2015 at the same time as DAZ Studio 4.8), so some folks are expecting it to happen soon.

Ay least the last two itinerations of the Genesis line have been released two years apart and we are coming up on that timeframe (Genesis 3 Female was released in early 2015 at the same time as DAZ Studio 4.8), so some folks are expecting it to happen soon.

So your positive its happening this year, but they havent even announced Daz Studio 5 yet

So your positive its happening this year, but they havent even announced Daz Studio 5 yet

I have no idea when it's going to happen, nor do I care at this point.

Lmao Genesis 4 aint coming for a couple years, i dont know why people are acting like its coming this year, Daz is incredibly slow in releasing software 

What makes you think 5.0 comes after 4.9?

The dot isn't a decimal dot, but a separator; it signifies the importance of the change; it could be 5.0 but it could also be 4.10, or similar.

5.0 would indicate a new SDK, which would likely break some old stuff. :(

• Because I would think a new generation of Figure would warrent a new generation of Daz Studio

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Well I think HW is in need of major processing and speed improvements before major improvements to DAZ Studio format models would even be usuable and most of those improvements involve animation improvements for hair, fat, muscles, and cloth so while those could be used to make stills more realistically posed they mostly have use outside DAZ Studio.

• Because I would think a new generation of Figure would warrent a new generation of Daz Studio

A new major version number is not needed for an updated figure; neither Genesis 2 nor Genesis 3 were released that way.

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,033

Do we even NEED a 4? I'm really happy with 3.

My concern is that IF 4 comes out, less stuff will be released for 3. That is what is happening how. I've built a nice little library of facial & body morphs for 2 and now less and less stuff is being relesed for 2 because 3 is out.

I'm slowly moving my stuff to 3 but there are a lot of facial stuff that I have in 2 that just won't move over to 3.

• Lmao IF 4 comes out you mean when it comes out which should hopefully be this year :D 

• PatroklosPatroklos Posts: 533

Lmao IF 4 comes out you mean when it comes out which should hopefully be this year :D 

Why?

More costs to update stuff again

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026
    Patroklos said:

Lmao IF 4 comes out you mean when it comes out which should hopefully be this year :D 

Why?

Interval between 2 versions of Genesis has been 2 years so far, and G3 is now almost 2 years old.

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246
    edited January 2017

Do we even NEED a 4? I'm really happy with 3.

My concern is that IF 4 comes out, less stuff will be released for 3. That is what is happening how. I've built a nice little library of facial & body morphs for 2 and now less and less stuff is being relesed for 2 because 3 is out.

I'm slowly moving my stuff to 3 but there are a lot of facial stuff that I have in 2 that just won't move over to 3.

This has been a strategy of mine, to always delay switching to the next generation for a while and, when I do make the move, pick up all the add-ons cheap,  So if Genesis 4 dropped tomorrow I would download the base figure but I'd probably hold off and wait for add on packages and starter packs to be on sale over the next year or so. Costs less and spreads the cost out over time so it hurts less. At some point I'd figure I had critical mass and it was time so I'd make the leap. Of course all this assumes there was not something utterly amazing about Genesis 4 that would compel me to make the leap immediately, but I can't imagine what it would be.  

For Genesis 3, I leaped immediately because I was fascinated by the facial rig. the promise of better facial expressions really appealed to me. In practice, i never use those extra bones, too tedious. You live, you learn.

Post edited by grinch2901 on
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

If the next generation is as much an improvement as the the previous, it will be greatly appreciated.

Because I would think a new generation of Figure would warrent a new generation of Daz Studio

It might, and it might not; as has been said already, it hasn't happened before with G2 and G3.

I'd be curious what changes would cause a new SDK and the switch to 5.0; I can't help but think Daz would like to avoid that as long as possible.