Importing Poser Scene in DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro / No elements exept light and ground

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi,

I just installed DAZ Studio Pro 4.5. When i try to import a Poser Pro 2010 scene .PZ3 i just import ground and lights but no character or else.

I am able to access all my poser content with the content library and able to load them in DAZ Studio.

But not able to import a simple basic Poser Scene in DAZ Studio.

Please Help, thks in advance

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Do you have 'Use external binary morph targets' checked in your Preferences, that used to cause problems, although I believe taht DS can now read these?

What figures are in the Scene? The rigging is now different in DAZ Studio than Poser, and they may not work anyway.

edited December 1969

I just tried this using a PZ3/PMD pair of files (Binary Morph Traget ticked) from Poser 8, and it loaded into DS 4.5 1.6. There were a few errors, but the figure appeared as I would expect.

The figure I saved as a PZ3 scene, was toon boy Sam, who is a slightly older figure, not the Genesis one which would not work in Poser 8 anyway.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I have also got a number of PZ3 to work in DS4.5.1.6 without to many issues.

• edited December 1969

Thks for your answer....

I try to disable " external morph taget", collecting all the files in a folder and this is the same even with an old poser 5 model :(

edited December 1969

I don't have Poser Pro 2010, but do you have an older version of Poser you could try? There were changes made from Poser 9 onwards, perhaps there is something more to do to get a PZ3 to import into DS?

Are you using DS 4.5.1.6?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

What is in the scene? DS doesn't like IBL lights, though I'm not sure if it is still erroring out as it was (I removed them from my saved scene files for various DM sets) - but if you mean you tried a scene saved from P5 that shouldn't be it.

• edited December 1969

Thks for your answers.. with the last DAZ STUDIO 4.5.1.6 It Works just fine now ;)

• MJWMJW Posts: 516
    edited December 1969

Any advice will be welcome. I am struggling to use Poser 10, which clearly has some good points when compared with DS 4.7 but not everything is better by a velr long chalk.
    I thought I had a whizzo answer when i found Poser's export to Daz which created a file for the scen (Poser 10) in .ds format, but when I try to load it the program (DS 4.7) says no importer available.
    Grrrr!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

.ds is a script file, not a scene file (and an older format at that). What exporter script are you using?

edited December 1969

mjw said:
    Any advice will be welcome. I am struggling to use Poser 10, which clearly has some good points when compared with DS 4.7 but not everything is better by a velr long chalk.
    I thought I had a whizzo answer when i found Poser's export to Daz which created a file for the scen (Poser 10) in .ds format, but when I try to load it the program (DS 4.7) says no importer available.
    Grrrr!

I can't find any export to DAZ Studio in Poser 10, but I can find an export to '3D Studio' which is not the same thing at all. It creates a 3DS file format which is used by 3DS Max if I remember correctly.

DAZ Studio can already open Poser Scene files (PZ3), have you tried that?